Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mangala KeerthiYour feedback matters!
Yesterday night I had a sex but not fully inserted in vagina rubbed outer during enjuclation took it I left my sperm outside is she get any chance to get pregnant.
Me had sex with my bf 6 oct and took ipill with in 1 hr. Den 12 oct I was heaving bleeding. Nd. On 17 oct it stopped. I wana knw I am pregnant? (nd. Is dis bleed was my new menes cycle?) or I will bleed once again?
Iam 23 yrs. Old. My LMP was onjan 1st. And now today is Feb 1 st. There was no delay in my menses. And I didn't get periods today. And there were abdominal cramps for some period of time today in the evng. Is there any chance of getting pregnant.
Discharge ho raha h nipples se (light white color) on pressing, without pregnant or baby? I am worried alot.
Many women develop uterine fibroids by the time they hit the age of 50 years and above. These are non-cancerous growths that may occur in the uterus. Most women go through severe bleeding and pain as well as discomfort as a result of these fibroids. Age, family history of the same condition, obesity or being overweight, eating habits and even ethnicity play a large role in deciding the risk of each individual patient. These fibroids can grow in the submucosal, intramural and subserosal areas.
Following are the common side effects of uterine fibroids:
- Frequent urination: Due to the pressure of the fibroids on the uterus, the patient may experience a constant feeling of fullness in the lower pelvic area of the body, which may lead to frequent filling of the bladder. This gives rise to frequent trips to the washroom for urination.
- Heavy Bleeding: Severe bleeding is one of the most common causes of the presence of these kinds of fibroids. The patient may experience a lot of bleeding during menstrual periods, as well as pain and cramps the rest of the time. The periods will also be very painful when there are fibroids in the uterus or the uterine lining.
- Painful Intercourse: It is a well-known fact that any kind of infection or growth as well as sores and other such ailments can lead to vaginal dryness as well as pain during sexual intercourse. This is true for uterine fibroids as well, which can lead to severe pain during sexual activity. These fibroids can also give rise to pain in the lumbar or lower back region.
- Abdomen Swelling: The abdomen may go through significant swelling in such a condition and the patient may even look like she is pregnant. The growth can push the shape of the abdomen outwards and create a full feeling.
- Pregnancy Complications: The presence of uterine fibroids can give rise to several complications during pregnancy and even after child birth. One of the most common problems in this case is bleeding, followed by more severe outcomes like miscarriage. The women suffering from uterine fibroids are at greater risk of undergoing a caesarean section for the delivery of the baby. The baby may also be born breech and a premature delivery may take place.
- Infertility: This is also a rare side effect of the uterine fibroids and is generally seen only in very severe cases.
- Cancer: Only one in every 1000 cases might transform into malignant tumours. These uterine fibroids are generally known to be non-malignant.
Any symptoms must be reported to a gynaecologist at the earliest to avoid any serious complications.
I had sex last month and after that I got my periods normal on my due date. But this month I have not got periods and late by 5 days. Is there any problem. Apart from that I started drinking green tea first time from this month. Please help.
I got married before 4 months, still now we didn't had sex. My wife is afraid of sex. She is thinking it will be more painful. She is thinking of taking some sleeping pills and have sex for first time so that it won't hurt. Please advise.
I am having vaginal infection 9 months back but after that I started having rashes on vaginal lips which keep on coming on and off now. It is more than 9 months but it is not going. Have taken docxycline, azrthoymicin and using mometae and fuisidum for 14 days bit relief but not totally cured.
Hello doc, I have been suffering from itching in vagina. From past one month. I have been to gynac. She said its jus normal infection which will go off with time. She gave me taxi mo & a syrup course for a week. But when I left those medicines again itching started. Now. I have been to homeopath. She says its fungal infection. How can a doc conclude that its a fungal infection. She said. If h only have itching. From past over a month chances are it's fungal infection doq n there. I did my urine test in dat every thing was normal except pus cell count & Epithelial cell count. Can anybody pls acknowledge what might be wrong. am I going right.
Hello Doctors, I'm married to my cousin (our mother's are sisters and are married out of relations). We are planning for a child, what tests should undergo to avoid any genetic complexities in future. Any help in this regard is appreciated,
Hello, I am trying to get pregnant for past 2 and half years, My LMP is on April 11, Had sexual intercourse on April 28,29,30 and May 1.By May 6 got light pinkish spotting then Nothing till yesterday. May 8,9,10 took pregnancy test got faint line. But evening today spotting two times with abdominal cramps. Any possibilities that I can be pregnant? As trying for past 2 and half years?
My wife is pregnant (26 week) with twins baby and one expired today in the womb (4th Oct 2016) and second baby is normal still in the womb. What should I have to do go for 1. Delivery of both babies or 2. Go ahead for better progress of second normal babies.
Sir I have sex with my boyfriend on 7-6-17 I take unwanted 72 on 8-6-17 bt today is 21-6-17 bt I don't have periods what should I do please answer me.
The word surgery has always been associated with the use of scalpel. However, a new form of surgery called laser surgery has developed, which instead of using the orthodox method uses laser to cure the infirmity. In this form of surgery, laser tuned to specific wavelengths, is emitted on the concerned area with the purpose of vaporizing the tissues that have high water content for the purpose of rectification. It is commonly used in:
- Dermatology and plastic surgery
- Eye Surgery
- Endovascular surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Oral and Dental Surgery
Though the technique involves risks, it has over the years gained immense popularity due to multiple reasons. Few among them are:
- Provides immediate results: This is one of the main reasons why laser surgery is preferred to conventional methods. Commonly used in the eye, laser surgeries result in significant improvement in vision, allowing the concerned person to do away with the dependence on spectacles.
- Precision involved: Using the laser instead of the scalpel allows the method to be more precise and effective than the traditional method. Minimum damage is done to the tissue as there are smaller cuts involved.
- Less time: Due to the technique used, the time involved in laser surgeries is reasonably less, providing more time for recuperation than what is generally allowed in the traditional methods.
- Provides more career options and opportunities: Laser surgery, owing to its technique, offers corrective measures which the traditional method does not. This aspect of the surgery allows the patients to consider and explore other professions which were previously not possible. Professions like air force and the army have stringent rules regarding vision of the candidates. Laser surgery which provides an individual the freedom to operate without glasses and contact lenses also allows him or her to consider such professions.
Related Tip: "How Safe is Laser Surgery for Facial Hair Removal??"
Hi, I am 25 years old. I have menstrual problem. My date is on 10th and till today I haven't gt it. Only white liquid is discharging sometimes.
I am 27 year old lady having pregnancy of 5 month which diet should I need to take for healthy bady. As my doctor said liquid is less in my ultra sound test report also less of protein.
Erection not happening from last 10 days .need to have immediate solution on this as we are planning for baby.
In order to spice up their relationship, couples can sometimes consider the option of anal intercourse instead of vaginal intercourse. Some recent studies have suggested that anal sex is actually bad for your health and can also result in severe and life threatening conditions.
Below are a few reasons that will make you aware of the risks of involving in anal sex. They are as follows:
- Fissures or piles: The anal tissues are non-stretchable and thereby an insertion of the penis into your partner’s anus can lead to tearing of the anus which might make your partner prone to anal fissures or piles. Besides, anal sex can cause severe pain while excretion the morning after, as there can be a significant weakening of the anal muscles.
- Increases the chances of anal cancer: If you and your partner frequently engage in anal sex, your partner’s chances of getting anal cancer increases as the act can initiate the transmission of the Human Papillomavirus (the virus responsible for anal cancer).
- Bacterial infection: Anus is a place designed to hold and facilitate the passing of faeces. This makes it a fertile breeding ground and holding area for bacteria. Through insertion, there is a high chance that you can be infected through your partner’s bacteria. Also if vaginal intercourse occurs immediately after anal intercourse, your partner can also get affected by the bacteria that transfer from the anus to the vagina. It can cause UTIs or urinary tract infections at the least and more serious infections as well.
- Sexually transmitted diseases: Contrary to popular opinions, having unprotected anal sex can actually increase the chance of getting HIV and other deadly STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). As the anal tissues are extremely fragile, the risk of the transmission of sexually transmitted infections in the bloodstream remains quite high for both the partners involved. Even if you’re using a condom whilst engaging in the act, the chances of getting STD’s looms large as condoms are more prone to breakages during anal sex.
- You can still get pregnant: Engaging in unprotected anal sex does not really mean that you cannot actually get pregnant from it. There is a slight chance of semen leakage from the anus which can seep into the vagina and result in pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any spIfecific problem, you can consult a sexologist.