Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Maneesha S KudvaYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am Dr Mangesh Chandewar. I have done post graduation diploma course in community medicines.
Today's topic is the importance of vaccination.
Vaccination is a biological molecule which is injected either through the injections, orally or through sprays. This helps us to create immunity against most of the infections.
Why vaccine is so important?
Even though we try to maintain good hygiene, cleanliness, sanitation, but still we can not prevent infection and the diseases caused by such infections. Right from the birth when delivery occurs, the baby comes in contact with the environment which is highly infected. This is like TB, Tuberculosis, which is more prevelent in India and we want to save our baby. Then right from the birth, the vaccines like BCG which is helpful in developing immunity against tuberculosis.
As per the National Immunization schedule and as per the WHO, we shoul give basic immunization, also called vaccination to the baby in order to develop immunity against the diseases.
What are the reasons to vaccinate the child?
If we do not give vaccination, it is not like the baby is going to infect but we can prevent most of the infections. If we do not give vaccination, the disease or infections can cause serious consequences rather than the vaccines. Vaccines are safer because they are being evaluated through the various phases during the clinical tria;. And also when it comes in the market.
Since they are very safe, they hardly have any side effect or consequences. and if any of the serious consequence occurs due to vaccination, that happens once in millions, so that they can immediately be taken care of. And teh action is taken according to the condition. My aim to get every baby vaccinated by birth, till the age of 5 years, all the vaccines should be appropriately given according to the proper age group. And the vaccines which are given after 5 years as and when required, once should get vaccinated.
In adults, when there is endemic or epidemic for any infections, say in 2010 swine flu was there, one should get treated as early as possible and should get vaccinated so that the disease should not be reoccured. The maximum number of people get vaccinated against infections. The community get the hard immunity. Accordingly we can prevent the disease throughout the community not only the individuals. This will help our country to fight against the diseases ans the infections.
This is all the basic immunisation and the vaccinations, I talked about. There are otther infection also, such as dog bite and other infections as well which can be vaccinated.
There are so many vaccines in the trials for so many life threatning diseases. As and when you get the chance, you can discuss it with the famly physician or any other doctor.
In order to know about the different vaccines. the appropriate age groups for the vaccines, or the side effects or any other vaccine related querry.you can contact me through Lybrate.
My baby boy age 1 year 8 months every month coming fever, cold and cough any problem give me a suggestion sir. I am afraid sir please tell me sir what test I will do.?
My daughter which is 1 month old is having itching or redness in her anus due to which she is not drinking her mother's milk. Please suggest some cream to treat this problem.
Hlo sir I have one baby 1 year I am feed him BT now I am pregnant kya mai apne pehle bche ki feed continue rakh skti hu SB mana kr re hai I am confuse tell me.
My daughter is now 2. 7yrs old she suffering from hard stool and absent one or two days from stool. Kindly solve this problem.
Tear comes often in a six month old baby boy(not too much). Is that common? Any precautions to be taken?
My baby boy of 21 days suffering from Red rashes near anal opening and it pains on passing stool, the stool is watery and contains bubbles. Plus advise.
My grand son certain times exhibit aggrieved behaviour. He does not socialise with other kids. and is stuborn his age is 3 years. I apprehend that he is suffering from adhd syndrome. Whom should I consult. a psychiatrist or a psychologist ?
Teen depression seems to be on the rise in the recent past. It is a serious mental health issue which can lead to changes in how the adolescent feels, thinks and behaves. Teen depression can also lead to significant changes in emotional and physical wellbeing. While depression can occur anytime during a person’s lifetime, the symptoms experienced in adolescence can vary from that experienced during adulthood. Some of these include excess self-criticism, trouble in making decisions, neglected appearance, increased risk-taking behaviour, decreased motivation and increased school absence. Some factors which can cause teen depression are early childhood trauma, loss of parent/s, bullying or physical/emotional/sexual abuse. Teen depression can lead to abuse of alcohol/drugs, low self-esteem, academic failure, self-harming behaviour or suicide.
Here are a few things you can do to help a teenager who is suffering from depression:
1. Focus on listening not lecturing:
Resist the urge to criticize or lecture your teen when they are talking to you about their feelings. The important thing is that they are communicating with you instead of shutting you out.
2. Be supportive:
It is important to understand that your teen is working through something and may need your help when trying to overcome it. Try to validate his/her emotions instead of feeling irritated that they seem to be having mood swings.
3. Ask questions:
The best way to understand what is going on with your teen is by asking them questions. Do this in such a way that they do not feel pressured to answer. Even if you have the best intentions, do not push them into answering your questions. Wait for them to be ready to talk to you.
4. Encourage socializing:
It is good for your teen to go out and socialize, but they may not be feeling up to the task. It is upto you to encourage this without making it sound like you are criticizing their behaviour. Instead of saying “ I think you should go out and get some fresh air” say something like “I’m going to the mall, let me know if you want to come with me.” This way they do not feel any pressure to do something they may not want to.
5. Notice the positive:
Make sure you point out the positive things your teen does. This can be something like going to school on a daily basis, doing well on a test or even eating meals on time. If you point out these small things, they will feel appreciated and will remember to continue doing those things.
Last month my wife delivered baby boy. Gestation period is approximately 36-37 weeks. After child birth during first pediatric visit doctor noticed missing testicles in scrotum. Then now after 20 days left side testicles reached scrotum. Right side I can feel it near adjacent side to penis beginning place. Should I wait for one more month? Should I meet surgeon immediately? What is the future consequences.
My 2.6 years old son swallowed unexpectedly regestrone 5 mg tablet. Please help. I don't know what to do? Will there be any side effect? Thanks.
Is PCV vaccine similar to pneumococcal? My son have been injected three doses of pneumococcal at 2 1/2 M, 3 1/2 M.
Hi doctor .. my baby is 4 months old.. last week we did vaccination for her.. she was normal that time... From yesterday her body is slightly hot .. when we checked the temperature it was normal.. but her head is hot. What to do
Hi, My son is 3.5 years old and he has Hydrocele problem in left side. After consulting with 2-3 child specialists, they suggested to get it remove by surgery. 1) We are worried in this age is this surgery good. Is there any other treatment without surgery for this? 2) We have all the reports and we were planed to get it operated. But after discussion in family we started ayurvedic treatment but no result seen. Kindly Suggest me the Best way for this. He is my only son and I don't want any kind of miss treatment to him as he has a Bright future ahead.
My son age 5 yrs, Weight 14 kg, he have cough & cold every months, please suggest some homeopathy medicine. Thanks.
My son has turned one year old. He hits his head while sleeping during nights. Whats the reason of hitting the head. Also still He wakes up every two hour for milk at night.
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.