Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MandeepYour feedback matters!
BEAT THE HEAT- ￼
Having traveling kit with advantage of the nutrition we can easily beat the heat of the summer.
Summer is the time when most of us bring out the summer wear and hit the beaches to beat the rising temperature and roaring heat of the summer.
Your dietary habits also play a major role for your body to fight with the rising temperature outside.
Here are some of the foods which when included in diet will help you to beat the heat.
￼Water melon-it contains more than 80% water thus satisfying your thirst and helps you hydrated.
￼Fruits increase consumption of fruits like berried and melons
￼Mangoes –it’s loaded with beta carotene, vitamins c and fibers but diabetics be conscious.
￼Cucumber- is 20% more cooler than other vegetables
Vegetable salads- it’s the excellent summer choice .don’t load them with fatty dressings like cream, mayonnaise etc. keep the dressing to its minimum. Use lemons, vinegar and seasoning
Include red oranges and yellow vegetable like pumpkin squash .peppers as they are loaded with vitamin A&C & anti- Occident.
Cold soup –start your meals with them like chilled cucumber or tomato soup
Low fat drinks –fresh fruit juices, butter milk, lemon water, and raw mango juices are excellent for the seasons.
Low calories fruits based desserts-low fat milk custard with fresh fruits, fruit smothers.
Whole grain and cereals0avoid refined once.
Bean and legumes- instead of animal protein concentrate on plant protein in summer as they are low in calories, cholesterol and saturated fat.
Fried foods-avoid them as they increase the thermal effect of your system and causes discomfort
Water- last but not the least nothing can be as satisfying and refreshing as a glass 0f water .always keep your self-hydrated.
I am 26 years old female. I have sex with my husband on 23rd march and did not take any precautions. And I am not pregnant too. And my period should come on 11th and that day very little blood I have seen but after that its not flowing. This is the second time it has happened. What is my problem? At the age of 23 I have aborted a baby by operation.
Following the same skin care routine year round may not work so well when the humidity drops. Without a change in your skin care, dry air can make fine lines and wrinkles more noticeable. Dry skin can itch, flake, crack, and even bleed.
To help heal dry skin and prevent its return, dermatologists recommend the following.
1. Prevent baths and showers from making dry skin worse. When your skin is dry, be sure to:
Close the bathroom door
Limit your time in the shower or bath to 5 or 10 minutes
Use warm rather than hot water
Wash with a gentle, fragrance-free cleanser
Apply enough cleanser to remove dirt and oil, but avoid using so much that you see a thick lather
Blot your skin gently dry with a towel
Slather on the moisturizer immediately after drying your skin
2. Apply moisturizer immediately after washing. Ointments, creams, and lotions (moisturizers) work by trapping existing moisture in your skin. To trap this much-needed moisture, you need to apply a moisturizer within few minutes of:
Drying off after a shower or bath
Washing your face or hands
3. Use an ointment or cream rather than a lotion. Ointments and creams are more effective and less irritating than lotions. Look for a cream or ointment that contains an oil such as olive oil or jojoba oil. Shea butter also works well. Other ingredients that help to soothe dry skin include lactic acid, urea, hyaluronic acid, dimethicone, glycerin, lanolin, mineral oil, and petrolatum.
Tip: Carry a non-greasy hand cream with you, and apply it after each hand washing. This will greatly help relieve dry skin.
4. Wear lip balm. Choose a lip balm that feels good on your lips. Some healing lip balms can irritate your lips. If your lips sting or tingle after you apply the lip balm, switch to one that does not cause this reaction.
5. Use only gentle, unscented skin care products. Some skin care products are too harsh for dry, sensitive skin. When your skin is dry, stop using:
Skin care products that contain alcohol, fragrance, retinoids, or alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA)
Avoiding these products will help your skin retain its natural oils.
6. Wear gloves. Our hands are often the first place we notice dry skin. You can reduce dry, raw skin by wearing gloves. Be sure to put gloves on before you:
Go outdoors in winter
Perform tasks that require you to get your hands wet
Get chemicals, greases, and other substances on your hands
7. Choose non-irritating clothes and laundry detergent. When our skin is dry and raw even clothes and laundry detergent can be irritating. To avoid this:
Wear cotton or silk under your clothing made of wool or another material that feels rough
Use laundry detergent labeled “hypoallergenic”
8. Stay warm without cozying up to a fireplace or other heat source. Sitting in front of an open flame or other heat source can dry your skin.
9. Add moisture to the air. Plug in a humidifier. If you can check your home heating system, find out if you have a humidifier on the system — and whether it’s working.
When to see a dermatologist
Your skin should start to feel better quickly. If these changes do not bring relief, you may want to see a dermatologist. Very dry skin can require a prescription ointment or cream. Dry skin also can be a sign of a skin condition that needs treatment. A dermatologist can examine your skin and explain what can help reduce your discomfort.
Crooked teeth can cause several problems including gum issues and functional deficiencies. Also they give a negative image when you smile. With good orthodontic treatment, you can get well aligned teeth with excellent results and in turn a more confident you.
Obesity and a shapeless body are problems that plague many people around the world. Besides leading to an appearance that is less than ideal, it can also lead to severe health problems include heart failure, heart diseases, diabetes and more. While there are many ways to combat being overweight with the help of exercise and a proper diet and even medication, very severe causes of obesity can also be fixed with a surgical process known as Bariatric Surgery. So, here's everything you need to know about it.
- Affecting the Digestive Process: As per the normal digestive process, the food moves into the digestive tract, while its nutrients get collected with the help of a well functioning system that includes digestive juices and enzymes. This food moves through the digestive tract, passing through the oesophagus, before it goes down into the stomach where it meets the strong digestive acids, which break it down, and then it enters the small intestine. While the stomach can hold three pints of food at a time, there is a chance that some of this food may not get properly digested in the small intestine. In this case, the food enters the large intestine. Now, Bariatric Surgery helps in restricting the amount of food that a person can have and hold in the first place.
- The Process: This surgical procedure may be carried out by cutting open the stomach and removing a portion of the same. This procedure can also reroute the small intestine into the gastric pouch or the small stomach pouch. This process can also be done with laparoscopic invasion, where a few small incisions will be used to insert a tiny camera and instruments for the process.
- Ideal Candidates: If your BMI or body mass index is more than 40, then you can opt for this kind of surgery, as mere dieting and exercising will not help you in your weight loss endeavour. This surgery can also help in preventing the onset of type 2 diabetes mellitus. The patient also has to have reached the normal adult height in order to qualify for this surgery.
- Side Effects: After the surgery, the patient may experience a few side effects including leakages and bleeding. An incisional or an internal hernia may also occur after the surgery. Also, for patients who have a poor diet, there may be complications after the surgery due to less intake of necessary vitamins and minerals.
Once you undergo the surgery, it is important to commit to a proper diet with less food intake and proper exercise on a lifelong basis.
What if the male does fingering to female with precum can tgis cause pregnancy? What kind of discharge is seen in early pregnancy?
Hi doctor. I delivered a baby girl 22 days back. She is my second baby n caesarian too. From last night I'm feeling pain internally in stitches and when urine is pass lil bleeding is also there. Im not able to sit to feed the baby. I'm taking body massage from last 12 days too n holding my stomach with cloth tightly in day time. I want to ask is there any problem with internal stitches. Pls help me.
My girlfriend was telling me that she gets lots of white fluid out from pussy Is it normal? And is it harmful if I lick it? Please advise me.
When I performing sex then I feel itching in vagina. I face this problem from last month. What should I do? Please inform me as soon as possible.
Hello Doc. Meri shadi ko 3 and half years ho chuke h and hum log last 1 year se try kr rahe the. Phle PCOD ki problem thi or ovulation bhi nahi ho raha tha. Jiske liye doc ne injection lagta tha her month usi se ovulation hota tha. Per fir mene wo lene band kar diye or patanjali ki medicines li. Jis ke ek month bad hi conceive ho gya. 15th may 2016 ko mere last periods aaye the. Uske bad 16,17 june ko halki spotting hi hui. Urine test positive tha. Fir meri gynic doc ne pregnancy wale normal tests likhe. Unka result normal tha. Uske bad 26th june ko fir se spotting shuru hui. Doc ne progestrone k 5 dino k 5 injections diye. Per fir bhi spotting continues thi or fir (sath me folic acid and progestrone ki medicine regular thi) .fir 10th june ko koi spotting nhi thi. Or uske bad koi spotting nahi thi. Uske bad ek sonography hui jo 7th july ko hui. Uski reprt thi. Uterus Antiverted, bulky in size. It Shows echotexture. G.G.S. Of size 1.78-6.4. Free fluid absent in P O D. Right ovary normal in size and shape. Left ovary-normal in size and shape. Or doc ne bola ki size kam h to 50 -50 chances h . N hearbeat check krne k liye 15-20 din bad ek or ultrasound likha. Lekin us test se pahle hi 18th july ko raat ko achank se bahut bleeding hui n 1-2 clotts bhi nikle. Fir doc ne bola ki ab aap isko clear karwalo and d and c k liye bola. Lekin mujhe laga ki 2 mnths ki pregnanacy h to medicines se hi clear ho jayega so doc ki batayi hui clear kit li (combipack of mifepristone and misoprostol tablets) ye first tablets 20 july ko li uske bad ki 2-2 tablets 22nd july ko li. And 22nd july ko bahut jyada bleeding thi n kafi sare clotts bhi nikle (i used 9-10 pads. Uske bad 23 and 24 july ko bhi jyada bleeding (i used 7-8 pads) thi. Uske bad 4-5 din tk bleeding (4-5 pads) thi and pain bhi tha. Uske bad doc ko dikhaya to unhone Amoxycillin and Potassium Clavulanate tablets IP. Methygene (din me 3 time, Aclowin (acelofenac and paracetamol tablets) .ye medicines 5 dino k liye di. Or ek or sonography 29 july ko hui. Jisme doc ne bola ki abhi bhi kuch product jo chote chote pieces h wo ander h.or clear kit se poora clear nhi hua to aap D and C karwalo. Uske bad mere husband ne bola ki ek or doc ki opinion lete h to ek or doc k paas gye unhone sari reports dekhi or kaha ki kuch product abhi ander h per abhi d and c karwane ki koi jarurat nhi h.next periods me aapke sab clear ho jayega. 31 july tak last spotting thi. To ab doc ne 8 august tak wait krne ko bola h. Doc pls aap bataye ki Dand C se hi clear hoga ya normally clelar ho jayega. Kyu ki doc ne esa bhi bola h ki agar proper clear nhi hoga to aage conceive krne me problem aayegi. Or ye meri first pregnancy thi. Doc pls bataye. Bahut confused hu. Or doc intercourse kab se kar skte h ye bhi pls bataye? TIA.
I have checked the thyroid once and the reports were normal. I have also done hormone exam. That was also normal. I am having lighter periods that last for 6 days. I need to change pad only two times a day. Is it any kind of problem?
PCOS is a hormonal disorder seen in most of the women. It affects the ability of the women to produce eggs. In this condition, the ovaries appear with enlarged size and present multiple small sac-like structures (cysts) on the outer edges. These cysts contain immature/undeveloped eggs which may lead to infertility. The exact cause for PCOS is unknown yet. Mostly genetical and environmental factors play a major role in the development of PCOS.
How is PCOS linked with Diabetes?
PCOS and diabetes are linked with each other by a major factor i.e., excess fat and insulin resistance.
Excess fat leads to insulin resistance, which in turn results in development of diabetes.
Reducing excess fat in the body and controlling insulin sensitivity may make the ovaries to “breathe” easier.
Several studies have found that women who had PCOS were more likely to develop type 2 diabetes compared to women who didn’t have. PCOS is associated with higher levels of insulin in the blood. Higher levels of insulin are seen in case of few patients with type 2 diabetes, who are unable to utilise their insulin due to insulin resistance.
PCOS has also been implicated with type 1 diabetes.
Symptoms of PCOS:
Weight gain or obesity
Excess hair growth on face and body
Scalp hair fall
Hyperpigmented skin (acanthosis nigricans)
Does treating PCOS treat diabetes or each other?
No single pharmaceutical agent is approved for the treatment of PCOS and diabetes yet. Choosing a healthy lifestyle and nutrition help live better.
Regular exercise and weight loss is most crucial for keeping the body healthy and fight against obesity and type 2 diabetes, and it can also help in treating the symptoms associated with PCOS.
Reducing excess blood sugar and allowing the body to use insulin more effectively may benefit people with diabetes as well as women with PCOS.
A balanced and gluten-free diet help to reduce the risk of diabetes and to manage weight.
Hello Doctor, I have asked you about the contraceptives yesterday. And you suggested me not to take any pills. But what if I'm late on my monthly cycle.
I am 8 month pregnant my left side breast fibroadenoma is present pain occur for every day and my right side breast no pain no complaint after delivery can I feed the baby any difficult can occur for feeding the baby because fibroadenoma.
I got married 3 months back but even after marriage I do yoga will that abort a baby formation while doing bends.
Gout is a type of arthritis, which can affect your joints, though usually, it causes maximum harm to your big toe. Symptoms that you are having a bout of gout include having a stiffness and swelling of the joint in question. The pain is very sudden and also causes a burning sensation. Gout is basically a recurrent type of inflammatory arthritis. However, the pain associated with gout can be remedied by Ayurveda.
Here are some of the best Ayurvedic remedies which can be used:
- Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu: Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu is the most common and most widely recommended treatment for gout. However, it needs to be taken on an empty stomach. It is also worth note that it works best when teaspoons of it are taken two times a day with warm milk.
- Kaishore Guggulu: Kaishore guggulu is a type of medicine, which should be accompanying Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. It Is usually administered after some initial relief is felt from Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. Its best to consume this medicine in tablet form thrice a day.
- Shallaki: This Ayurvedic remedy is great for decreasing the pain in the joints affected. It also decreases the swelling in those joints, which have been affected by the bout of gout. Shallaki is also crucial in making sure that cartilage forms and that the blood supply to the joint which is affected by gout is still stable.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains and also inflammation of muscles. This herb can also work wonders on your blood circulation.
- Pinda Taila: This is a type of oil which needs to be applied externally. Pinda Taila is a very rare class of medicines which treats gout externally. Pinda Taila or Guduchyadi Taila is administered by rubbing it on the body part affected.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.