Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 14 weeks pregnant and have winter allergy which causes blocked nose ,sore throat and itchy eyes. How can I get rid of all these?
Dear doctor, we are planning for pregnant and under going IUI. My wife has been given Estradiol vslerste tablet PROGYNOVA 2mg. Is it advisable to take that? I am asking this since web results advice to avoid this particular medicine when you try pregnant. Pls advice.
I'm a 25 years old woman. Going to get married in March. I'm born with uterus malformation. They call it uterus didelphys or uterus bicornis bicollis or bicornuate uterus or whatsoever I had my hysteroscopy done for hematometra in right horn at age 14. My father had confirmed with doctors that this condition of me wouldn't cause any issue in my future. But then as my marriage is fixed and is due to happen in next few months, I would like to make sure this wouldn't impact my sexual life or the pregnancy. Can you kindly provide your advice on would this cause any impact to my marriage life or how can I overcome the problem if there would be any because of my condition.
Hello I wanna ask that my 13 days old baby is on breast feed but it is watery not milky. Is this normal or not? If not what should I do.
I am 19 years old I have been having severe stomachache from last almost 5 days. Its also not my menstrual cycle going on. I am afraid if it is stones in my stomach. What should I do? I tried remedies but.
My periods are delayed for 10 days. May I know the reason. I am 22 years old. What is the reason for the above? Initially my periods was for 15 days. But now it is delayed. Y?
I had done unprotected sex with my wife on 1st week of october2016 but her period was in time in the month of october and november. In december her period was started in time but it is not happening properly and excessive pain she is feeling in her belly. What it indicates? We both do not want a baby at this time. What to do now?
Ayurvedic recipe #kitchari
Kitchari means mixture, usually of two grains. This is one kitchari recipe that is particularly nourishing and easy to digest. Please note the options below for some alternatives.
Vegetables such as zucchini, asparagus, sweet potato
For vata or kapha conditions: add a pinch of ginger powder
For pitta: leave out the mustard seeds
1/2 cup basmati rice
1 cup mung dal (split yellow)
6 cups (approx.) water
1/2 to 1 inch ginger root, chopped or grated
A bit of mineral salt (1/4 tsp. Or so)
2 tsp. Ghee
1/2 tsp. Coriander powder
1/2 tsp. Cumin powder
1/2 tsp. Whole cumin seeds
1/2 tsp. Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp. Turmeric powder
1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
Handful fresh cilantro leaves
1 and 1/2 cups assorted vegetables (optional)
Carefully pick over rice and dal to remove any stones. Wash each separately in at least 2 changes of water. Add the 6 cups of water to the rice and dal and cook covered until it becomes soft, about 20 minutes.
While that is cooking, prepare any vegetables that suit your constitution. Cut them into smallish pieces. Add the vegetables to the cooked rice and dal mixture and cook 10 minutes longer.
In a separate saucepan, sauté the seeds in the ghee until they pop. Then add the other spices. Stir together to release the flavors. Stir the sautéed spices into the cooked dal, rice, and vegetable mixture. Add the mineral salt and chopped fresh cilantro and serve.
#caution: kitchari mono-diet can lead to constipation if taken exclusively for several days, as it is low in fiber. To ensure proper elimination, the following may prove helpful if taken once a day, away from kitchari meals: psyllium husks or seeds with water or oat bran or prune juice.
extremely rare phobia, and can sometimes also refer to fear one’s own voice or voices in general. This
type of phobia is usually a symptom of hyperacusis; health condition in which an individual becomes
highly sensitive to sound frequencies. It is an anxiety disorder.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
I I miss my period but, how may day I wait for this of 4 week 6 days. I done HCG test but result are negative what to do.
My LMP was on 12th Jan. Started taking Femilon pills from 14th Jan. Had protected sex on 26th and 30th. Stopped taking pills 2 days back and experienced little bleeding. Can I be pregnant?
Apple cider vinegar has unparalleled health and beauty benefits although it is mostly viewed as a salad dressing or a preservative that can be used in pickles/sauces. In reality, it is a very useful ingredient for most of our health needs. In a medical perspective, apple cider vinegar is as essential as any medicine that is kept at home.
Checkout handful of its countless health benefits.
1. Prevents indigestion- having a spoonful of apple cider vinegar with a bit of honey just before a meal ensures that your digestion process is carried out quite easily. Having a bit of it in the morning decreases the chances of indigestion as well.
2. Reduces dandruff- a mixture of water and apple cider vinegar applied on your scalp prevents and reduces dandruff. Apple cider vinegar changes the ph level of your scalp causing it to harden and not allow dandruff to recur.
3. Reduces pimples/acne- apple cider vinegar is a natural skin toner and anti bacterial substance that changes the ph level of your skin reducing and preventing the occurrence of pimples and acne.
4. Treats bad breath- gargle your mouth with some apple cider vinegar to instantly kick out bad breath. Mixing the vinegar with water and gargling everyday effectively cures any chronic bad breath problems very quickly.
5. Treats hiccups- when water, candies and ginger fail in stopping your hiccups, gulp down a mixture of apple cider vinegar and warm water in equal quantities. Apple cider vinegar is said to soothe the nerves causing an instant halt in recurring hiccups.
6. Lowers cholesterol levels- several researches claim that the consumption of apple cider vinegar reduces the level of cholesterol. A person can continue the same diet but the mere inclusion of two tablespoons of this vinegar can help tacking high cholesterol effectively. It is highly recommended for heart patients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
My wife have polycystic and her periods are not correct it will come 45 days so I want to know whether she will get pregnant is there any home remedies for curing polycystic.
Hello doctor I'm 24 years old having irregular periods. But trying to conceive. Maximum On 20th day of my period I'm getting thick white discharge like curd. Is this my ovulation? Or else how can I found my ovulation time? Please help me asap.
I am 25 years old, I am planning to my one kidney, if we donate one kidney we get pregnant or not in future and is there any problem. In further.
My sister is carrying. She is now in 4th month and will be going to deliver twins. We came to know that she is suffering from thyroid. Doctors are saying that it is common that this disease will trigger during pregnancy and will be automatically cured after delivery. Is this correct? Do we need to take extra care? Will this be a problem for babies?
My15yrs old daughter is suffering from poly cyst ovary (pcod) 6 months she didnt get periods so Dr. gave devry. Then periods came now again since last 2 months not getting periods. Lots n lots of acne on her face and breast n neck with lots of facial hair. Now her voice is also changing hoarse voice. We all r very tense. She is going on depression. Please advice what treatment should I give her.
1. Get adequate amount of exercise
A large majority of people who suffer from migraine steer clear of any highly intensive or strenuous exercise as it is known to be the prime trigger for a severe attack. Having said that, avoiding physical activity altogether can worsen your migraines and thus you should focus on indulging in some light exercises. Activities such as jogging, walking and yoga can reduce the duration of your migraines and also bring down its severity and frequency. Moreover, regular exercise brings down stress levels which are also a major factor for triggering migraine attacks.
2. Take note of your meal schedule and type of food that precipitates headache
For most patients migraine is triggerred by irregular meal schedule and some foods acts as triggers for migraine like cheese, chocolate, chinese foods. It is very imprtant to maintain a regular meal schedule, avoid skipping meals and take note of the items that precipitate your headache. Items that can precipitate headache is different for every individual and maitaining a headache diary can help you to identify these triggers. Also, note down the occurrence of your migraines, their duration and severity. Having adequate data makes it extremely simple to recognize a recurring pattern and leads you to the main cause behind your migraine attacks.
3. Maintain a stable sleep schedule
Sleep plays a great role in triggering migraine attacks and irregular sleep patterns, not getting adequate sleep, or sleeping more than required – all these habits can lead to a severe attack. Thus, try and create a sleep schedule for yourself keeping your daily routines in mind and follow it without fail.
If we take the most important five aspects of daily routine, we end up with the following
1. Rest - Nidra
2. Relationship - Maithunam
3. Exercise - Vyaayaama
4. Nutrition - Aaharam
5. Work - Nitya karma
1. Rest - Nidra: Sleep is the process through which we rejuvenate, repair and revive our system. This is the time our body and mind goes through repair and rebuilding. Best time: Sleep between 9 and 10 pm gives maximum quality. To sleep a gentle exercise is good before an early dinner. Foot massage in the evening also aids deep sleep. The direction of the head: Head should be directed to east or south to optimise sleep. This is to do with the magnetic fields of our body and that of the earth. The position of the bedroom: This should be decided based on Vastu Shaastra principles. Feng Shui is the Chinese version of Indian Vastu Shaastra. Signs of good sleep: One feels refreshed and energised after a good sleep. Sleep is peaceful and is mostly unaware of dreams. One feels positive and happy after a good sleep. There won't be puffy eyes, headaches, sinus congestion, the heaviness of the body, tiredness, aches and pain etc in the morning.
2. Relationship - Maithunam: Our relationship with nature, society, family, colleagues and ourselves is important in building a healthy life. The first two limbs of yoga discuss this. A sexual relationship is also given importance in Ayurveda treatises as it is the most physical and intimate act of a relationship. General rules include -use aphrodisiacs, reduce the frequency in summer, sickness, low energy conditions and focus more on quality rather than quantity. The most important of all is how you relate yourself. This includes how much you value, respect and love yourself, how you talk to yourself etc.
3. Exercise - Vyaayaama: When? Exercise is best performed before eating. This prevents the formation of toxins in the system. It is never done soon after eating and just before eating or sleeping. It should be 2-3 hours after eating a normal meal. How much? Exercise is done until one’s half strength is used. Over exercise results in depletion and permanent damage of the body. Reduce the intensity and duration during summer, but you may perform it to your maximum capacity during cold seasons. What type? Strengthening and stretching in symmetry in the right combination for your bodily requirements.
4. Nutrition - Aaharam: Here we will discuss the scientific way of eating. Nutrition - Aharam: Are you just what you eat? In Ayurveda, the proper transformation of food into healthy tissue is based on the strength of the digestive fire (agni). The assimilation of nutrients and elimination of wastes is largely dependent on the efficiency of the digestive fire. So, Ayurveda believes you are what you assimilate. Perfect digestion creates radiant health and strong immunity. Unbalanced digestive fire leads to the improper transformation of food into toxins, the basis of all disease. Signs of perfect digestion: Clear, smooth skin; bright, clear eyes; balanced moods; regular and healthy appetite; absence of gastric disturbances and other diseases; glossy hair; light, flexible body; deep, refreshing sleep; abundant energy and vitality; positive attitude and lifestyle habits.
Signs of poor digestion Irregular appetite; frequent indigestion; weight loss / gain; coating of tongue; blotchy, dry or oily skin; lifeless hair; dull eyes; bloated abdomen with cramps / gas; undigested food in stool, dark or cloudy urine; disturbed sleep that isn't refreshing; excess mucous; body pains; gastrointestinal disorders and general fatigue. How did I get poor digestion? The following are some of the factors that contribute towards a weak digestion. By guarding against these you can prevent and treat most illnesses:
-Taking the wrong foods at the wrong time, in the wrong amount, in the wrong way or in a negative mental or physical environment. The most common dietary indiscretion in developed countries is overeating causing a phenomenon known as 'the under-nutrition of over-consumption'
-Premature stimulation, suppression or failure to attend to the body's natural urges such as thirst, hunger, urination, defecation, sleep, passing flatus and sneezing.
-Taking cold drinks or foods such as ice cream.
-Taking synthetic prescription / recreational drugs.
-Exposure to external toxins such as air pollutants, chemical beauty products and perfumes.
-Prolonged emotional strain such as stress, grief, anger and denial.
Optimise your nutrition: By practicing the following tips you will create perfect digestion. Remember to eat your liquids and drink your solids!
1. BEFORE EATING
Am I really hungry? It is best to eat only when you are really hungry and when the previous meal has been fully digested (roughly 5 hours).
Do I need to go to the toilet first? It is recommended to empty one’s bowels and bladder before eating. It is a sign of ill health to empty one's bowels immediately after eating.
Did I wash my hands, face & feet? Simple hygiene is important to avoid illness. Avoid taking a full shower or swim within three hours after eating as it draws the circulation away from the digestion.
2. DURING EATING
Am I in congenial surroundings? Good company, conversation, and surroundings are conducive to a contented mind, which assists proper digestion.
Did I express my gratitude? This may be in the form of a prayer to a higher power or at least to the people who helped to provide the meal.
Am I rushing? Eat at a moderate speed, taking care to chew each mouthful at least 10-20 times.
Am I appreciating this meal? Take time to appreciate the sound, the aroma, the texture, appearance and the taste of the food.
Do I need a drink? Small quantities of warm drinks encourage efficient absorption, elimination and the action of the digestive fire.
3. AFTER EATING
Am I satisfied? It is important to remember that the stomach is only the size of a fist. In order to avoid over eating make it a practice to fill your stomach half with solid food, a quarter with liquids and leave the remaining one-quarter empty for space to circulate to aid digestion.
One should avoid heavy labour, exercise or mental work for at least thirty minutes after eating.
A slow walk for five minutes is advised. Sleep is best avoided for three hours after eating as this causes the formation of toxins.
However, one may lie on the left side for up to fifteen minutes. A yoga poses known as Vajrasana is a good sitting posture to aid digestion.
The ideal diet: An ideal meal in Ayurvedic nutrition has all the following qualities:
-Fresh, locally grown, seasonal and organic ingredients.
-Consists of dishes with all the six flavours.
-Consists of four or more textures.
-Has a good balance between heavy and light, moist and dry, cooked and raw, cooling and heating foods.
-Suitable to the climate, the constitution of the eater, lifestyle and the condition of the body.
-Appears tastes and smells delicious.
-Prepared lovingly in hygienic conditions.
-There are complementary proteins such as rice & dhal.
-Heavier foods should be eaten earlier in the meal and lighter foods towards the end.
-Cooking in healthy earthen, ceramic, bronze, copper or stainless steel vessels.
-In general, avoid alcohol, meat, yeast, carbonated drinks, caffeinated drinks, tobacco, refined sugar, white flour, additives, preservatives and canned food.
-Eaten with full awareness.
-Big meals only are eaten before 6 pm.
If your digestive fire is the sluggish boost it by the following.
Before eating: 15 minutes before eating try the following recipe. Mix half a tsp grated ginger with half a tsp. lemon juice and a pinch of rock salt. After eating: Chew one teaspoon of equal parts of fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom seeds, black pepper and rock sugar.
Fasting: Fasting is often the most effective way to purify your body of toxins. In Ayurveda, fasts are tailored according to the individual's degree of toxic accumulation, their strength, and specific imbalance. To maintain health one is advised to have a cleansing tea fast or a warm water fast one day a fortnight in order to give the digestive system a rest, to re-establish proper eating habits and to expel accumulated toxins. A complete fasting is successfully done only in a stress-free environment.
A mental purification is followed at the same time, which involves silence other than prayers or affirmations, avoiding exposure to television, radio or noise and adherence to the principles of honesty, celibacy, cleanliness and service to others. Heavy mental and physical exertion are avoided at this time, however, short walks in nature and self-massage are considered highly beneficial.
Eat to live: Once you have purified your body and established healthy eating habits nutrition should be easy to maintain. Obsessively worrying about your diet or feeling remorse after dietary indiscretion sets up a self-destructive pattern. We are not 'living to eat' but we also have to be careful that we don't feed the disease. By slowly incorporating these Ayurvedic principles into your life the benefits experienced should be incentive enough to follow them with ease.
5. Work - Nitya karma: Work is based on your constitution. Earth (rectangular, heavy-boned, solid looking) people are natural hands-on, managerial, admin people who are designed to do a repetitive style of work. Water types (soft, rounded, curvaceous, large-eyed) ones are HR managers, listeners, carers, nurses, hospitable people. Fire types (angular, triangular, muscular) people are designed to challenging, radically transformative, fast, precise, competitive jobs. Air types (small, light, thin, small in shape) are performers, teachers, pop musicians, multi-taskers, quick-learners, and communicators. Either types (tall, slender, thin, long limbs and fingers/toes) are thinkers, philosophers, scientists, guides, and meditators.