Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manas Ranjan DasYour feedback matters!
Did you know that there are certain foods that increase your child's height naturally? Foods that are rich in essential nutrients such as Vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium etc can prove to be highly instrumental in adding extra inches to your child's height. Read on...
1. Whole Grains - Whole grains are rich sources of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B, which play a very vital role in promoting your child's growth during his/her budding years. Additionally, whole grains also contain calories and carbohydrates, which ensure the maintenance of proper weight in your child, imparting him/her with the requisite energy to go on throughout the day. Feed your child whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas to make him healthier and taller.
2. Milk - Milk contains calcium and Vitamin D, which help in bone development during the growing years of a child, besides increasing his/her physical strength. Milk also helps in assimilating different proteins making it one of the best foods to be consumed by your child for attaining a good height. Three servings of milk, or milk products such as cheese or yoghurt, each day will suffice your child's Vitamin D and calcium requirement.
3. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin A, which is instrumental in ensuring an enhanced rate of bone growth in your child, consequently making him/her taller. You can include carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. in your child?s diet to aid his/her height growth. It's advisable to provide him/her with 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Eggs - To ensure that your child grows taller naturally, providing him/her with a protein rich diet is very crucial. Eggs contain ample amount of protein needed to keep your child energetic throughout the day and help him/her grow taller. One to two eggs per day is considered to be the ideal intake amount for a child.
5. Soybeans - Soybeans are rich sources of protein and help in enhancing the growth of bones and muscles of your child, which in turn adds to his/her height during the budding years. You can cook various soybean dishes or you can add ground soybean powder to the dough while making rotis to make soybean a part of your child?s diet.
Although a child's height is also dependent on his/her genes, a well balanced diet containing these super-foods will increase your child's chances of growing to the fullest to attain a good height.
Hi, I have four and half year old kid, he always had complained about cold and cough, two weeks past Nas the climate changed, he suffered with nasal blockage cold and cough. As usual we grated him with medicine, but my concern this time was we never he gets little cold he goes thru nasal blockage and is not able to breathe thru his nose. So we took out x-ray. And it showed enlarged adenoids. So physician, pediatrician, we're consulted they said it has to be removed by endoscopic surgery. And being a parent it's hard for me to decide to put my baby thru this surgery. My concern is can it be treated? Do I need to to repeat the x-ray or was it because he was severe cold the adenoids were showing enlarged. But still, and wen it comes to breathing he breathes most of thee time with his mouth. Can it be treated with homeopathy? If I don't opt for surgery? Advise needed.
Bed Wetting is a phenomenon in which a child urinates, involuntarily, on bed when fast asleep at night.
A. The Secret Problem
A child gains bladder control at night, but it varies with age. After attaining the age of five, 15% of the children continue bed wetting and after the age of 10, only 5% are found to be still bed wetting. The incidences of bed wetting in boys are twice as compared to girls. Bed wetting can often lead to extreme embarrassment and social awkwardness for the parents. For parents to deal with such inevitable child problems, they must know the causes that lead to bed wetting.
B. The Bedwetting Gene
Your own DNA may be the chief contributor to your child’s bed wetting; research states that in 75 percent of the cases, this problem is found to be hereditary. However, parents should deal with this problem with sensibility and sensitivity, so as not to alienate their children in any way.
- Delayed Bladder Maturation: In such cases, the communication between the bladder and the brain is delayed.
- Lower Anti-Diuretic Hormone (ADH): Inadequate secretion of such hormones causes the kidneys to produce lesser urine during the day, thus increasing chances of bed wetting at night.
- Deep Sleeping: With deep sleeping, the brain fails to get the signal that the bladder may be full.
- Constipation: With constipation, the problem is that there may be uncontrolled contraction of bladder due to the bowels being full all the time.
When is it a concern?
There is nothing wrong with bedwetting during childhood, especially when the child is less than 2 years of age. However, it might be a concern if the child happens to gain bladder control at night but the condition relapses. Also, if psychological stress happens to be at the root of the child’s bedwetting, it could be considered to be a cause for concern.
Homeopathic treatment for bedwetting in children
Homeopathy is a very effective natural treatment for enuresis. The homeopathic remedies for bedwetting are perfectly safe. These natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Safety of the medicines is a major issue when you are to give any medicine to your child. Therefore it is of utmost importance that the medicines should be completely safe. Homeopathic remedies are known to be perfectly safe and have been tried by millions of patients all over the world over the last 2 centuries.
5 Best Homeopathic medicines for bedwetting in children
Homeopathy has been found to be very successful in treating bedwetting. The aim of Homeopathy is to strengthen the nervous system of the body. This allows the child to gain control over the urinary bladder. The same child who had been urinating in the bed for years is able to keep the bed dry within a matter of a couple of weeks. Homeopathy offers the best way of treating bedwetting. The embarrassment of the child as well as the parents vanishes quickly like magic. Here are the 5 best homeopathic medicines for bedwetting that help in working this magic-
- Acid Phos
It is important to mention here that the above mentioned 5 best homeopathic medicines for bedwetting are by no means the only medicines for bedwetting. There are many other medicines that are also used to cure enuresis. The exact selection of the right medicine depends upon the detailed symptoms of each individual patient. So, it always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before going for any medication.
- Ensure that your child urinates right before hitting the bed.
- Limit your child’s fluid intake after having a thorough discussion with the doctor.
- Set an alarm for the child to wake up and go to the toilet in the middle of the night.
- Bladder stretching exercises increase the bladder’s capacity and thus the quantum of urine that can be held by the child’s bladder.
- Medications, as would be prescribed by a pediatrician.
- Use a plastic sheet over the bed.
- And finally, don’t panic. Usually, the problem resolves on its own.
My baby is in 2nd month. In 1st month, I fed her every 2 hrs. Should I continue that? or what should be the frequency of feeding?
My daughter was always want to sip her fingers in her mouth. We tried to stop it many times. But we can't. Kindly tell why she s doing like this? & how to prevent this?
I feed my baby for 1 hour n she plays half an hour n then cry because of hungry I have less milk n she refuses formula milk so what should I do improving milk I used to take all types of foods for improving milk but no use.
My baby is suffering from dysentery frequently. Is there any permanent solution to get out of this.?
Hello doctor. My child have 4 years uski problem a hai ke night mai jab sotin n.a. Her bar urine kardalti iska koi solution hai KyA doctor jo sotai waqht urine karna chord dai. please help me.
I am 3 months after delivery and am giving breastfeeding. Nowadays am feeling so tiredness during the time of feeding so please suggest some vitamins tablets for me continue with breast feed.
Hello doctor. Please answer my question. I taken my baby for fever checkup and doctor recommended blood test. Then I went to private lab for blood checkup of my baby. There lab technician has taken syringe and then break its needle by twisting needle and thereafter used that needle to draw blood from hand of baby. My concern is when she is twisting needle it might happen she prick needle to her also and thereafter use it to draw blood of baby. Can this scenario spreads hiv, hepatitis b and hepatitis c.
Your child needs complete care whether it is emotional, psychological or physical. A thorough evaluation of your child’s body and mind is vital at nascent stages. Especially if you observed any complaints by your little one that may require medical help, such as:
1. Frequent headaches
Much like adults, children too can experience headaches that last from 30 minutes to 3 hours. A range of primary or secondary headaches like, migraine, meningitis, sinusitis or tension may affect children due to neurological issues.
2. Blurry vision
If you observe either a vision developmental delay or near-sightedness and farsightedness in your child, it might be related to neurological issues.
3. Slurred Speech
If your child is 7-8 months and is not responding to sounds or cannot babble non-sense words, it calls for a neurological check-up.
4. Motor and Co-ordination Delay
Sometimes babies are unable to perform motor skill activities like crawling, walking or using fingers to grip or hold, such delay requires attention of the parent.
Check if your kid has become lazy and decreased his physical activities due to fatigue and tiredness suddenly of late.
6. Abnormal Movements
Common involuntary movements or tics like eye blinking, twitching of nose, grimacing or making sounds is in some cases overlooked. Tourette syndrome is an example of such a tic, which has been evaluated as a neurological issue.
7. Tremors or Seizures
Children are prone to febrile seizures (fits) or tremors along with fever that occur between 6 months and 5 years. These are signs of neurological issues that require an immediate check-up.
8. Numbness in Limbs
Neurological complications in your child’s infancy may also cause joint pain and numbness of arms and legs.
9. Behavioural disorders
A change in behaviour or attitude in your child is noticed if he/she is suffering from attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, school problems, sleep issues, intellectual disability or other neural conditions.
This symptom is tricky in children, as it may be confused with general tiredness by your human eye. It may be unheard of but many children face trouble in performing easy tasks. A neurological exam may identify the source for treatments.
An underlying problem to the nervous system can cause harm or impairment in the normal growth and development of your kid. Early diagnosis helps in correct care, recovery and prevention of long-term problems. You can opt for a routine neurological examination if you find such symptoms in your child. These exams check the functioning of your child’s brain, spinal cord, nerves that come from the brain and spinal cord and offers accurate diagnosis.
Get your child the best treatment and care to rule out neurological issues!