Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Managuli
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. ManaguliYour feedback matters!
I have been facing right shoulder ankle pain from last 3 weeks. Could you suggest me any medicine or treatment.
Sir, sometime I feel pain in my right shoulder, elbow ,pelvic joint and ankle. It goes after sometime. I have observed that nurokind injection helps in it.
Low back pain is one of the most common medical problems and it occurs due to injury associated with the nerves, bones, and muscles of the back. The pain can vary from a sharp shooting pain that happens at various intervals to a gnawing pain that can last for weeks on end. While the former can go away with some muscle relaxant, the latter may need a combination of medications and exercise.
- Common reasons include improper sleeping posture, lifting, fracture, lack of exercise, disk injuries, arthritis, and many more. Most of these instances would lead to medium to long term pain that will not subside on its own and for long Physiotherapy has proven to provide good relief.
- The aim of physiotherapy is to reduce pain, improve movement, and maintain the spinal function in the long run. Most often, the therapy sessions would last for about 4 weeks when the regular course of medications have not helped much.
- Nerves, muscles, bones, and disks of the lower back are supported by the abdominal and back muscles. The intent of the exercise is to strengthen these two sets of muscles so that the spine/lower back per se is not very susceptible to injury. The exercises would be a combination of stretching followed by strengthening and conditioning, all aimed at these two sets of muscles.
- Some common exercises include bottom to heels stretch, knee rolls, back extensions, deep abdominal strengthening, and pelvic tilts.
- In addition to being used as a sole mean of treatment, physiotherapy is also used in back pain to treat severe cases both pre and post surgically. What is corrected by surgery needs to be enhanced by the regular exercises as prescribed by the doctor.
- One disclaimer that a doctor might want to give is that physiotherapy may not be beneficial if exercises are not done properly or if the patients do not adhere to the scheduled prescription. The long term success depends not just on getting the relief, but on following the maintenance exercises as prescribed. This is more important and helps avoid relapse of the back pain. A good posture and improved core stability with ongoing exercises is the key to success of physiotherapy in low back pain.
- While most people consider low back pain as a chronic condition, it can be managed effectively. It is important to realize that there is no overnight cure and that it may not get better on its own. Physiotherapy is a very good intervention; however, it will depend on the severity of pain and how it affects the patient's lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
I am 29 years male, I am suffering from pain in my liver and around liver, sometimes I also feel pain in my lower and upper back side of the body, and my stomach also hurts when I eat or drink something, I have a pain in my knee too, is it a symptoms of some serious disorder, please suggest me some medication or some preventive checkups so that I can make sure of my disease if I have any, thanks for your valuable time,
Hi I am mohammed aijaz from hyderabad know suffering huge back pain & head ache so please how can I relief that pains.
Last week I suffered with viral fever. It's started with chills following high temperature. GP prescribed sinarest and dolo for 3 days. Now feeling better but now my legs, knees and limbs are paining. GP told that its due to viral fever. How long it could take to get rid of this pain?
Last night I ate a Gobi fast food and it cannot digested and today I have body pains and head ache what are the suggestions given by yourself?
I am 23 year old boy. Sir I have a problem of leg upper side pain since last 30 to 40 days I was taken some tablets of pain but it doesn't work. So I want tht you help me take out from this pain.
I am praveen 18 years old and swelling from leg pain and joint pains on last 3 months used many pain relief tablets but nt used soooo what should can I do?
I am 19 years old some times I will get pain in my hip its some different kind of pain I get it suddenly and its automatically gone in seconds, and one more question I can not stay without rotating fastly my make how to remove this habit? Please help me and one more is there any solution for snow folic? I am suffix from 12 years old!
Dear doctor, I met an accident and fractured occurred in right leg on 29th Dec 2014. As per the X ray report it is “fracture lateral malleolus right(closed) with fracture 2nd and 3rd metatarsal(closed)”. Initially,the doctor thought for surgery for ankle injury but another senior Orthopedic surgeon of the same hospital after examining the X ray plate, put a POP BACK Slab for 15 days and as per his version chance of displacement was there. On 13th Jan 2015, another X ray was done and the doctor surgeon wrote in the prescription ” X ray shows good alignment, no displacement”. On the same day synthetic casting was put in place of POP Back slab and I have been told to meet him after one month. I was allowed to walk with two elbow supported crutches without giving any load to the right leg. Now I am off from my office since more than one month.Although I am obeying all the instructions given by the doctor, i am feeling some pain on the ankle fracture occasionally. Pain is like needle pushing and some sorts of inflammation but tolerable. No swelling is there at present.Rarely I feel tolerable pain on metatarsal fractures. Is this pain normal ? Can I join my office using crutches now ? when i can walk on my feet? How many days it will take further to drive car ? Please note that I am now 49yrs, wt-74kgs normal built, no BP and diabetes. Eagerly waiting for your observation, doctor, regards, Jayanta Kr. Bhattacharyya
I am 25 years old male and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days
Extreme pain in heels. Earlier it was only on my left foot. But now its on both. Uric acid is not very high. Just 1 point more than the normal range. Early mornings the heel pain is terrible and unable to walk. Once in the morning I felt like a crack and heard a cracking noise in my left heel.
What exercises are good to protect your joints? The best choices are low-impact options like walking, bicycling, and swimming. That's because high-impact, pounding, and jarring exercises can increase the risk of joint injuries and may slowly cause cartilage damage. Light weight-lifting exercises should also be included. But if you already have arthritis, first speak with your physiotherapist.
I've got a back pain from last 3 days. Today its paining severely whenever my back get a little arch also. 3 months ago I had done deadlift of 100 kg too hardly. From that day onwards I felt very little pain. But now it has grown. I can't even move. What should I do now?
You might be an elite athlete or just a commoner. There is always a possibility for you to develop back pain while carrying out your daily activities. You might not be aware, but regular activities such as sitting at the computer, running on the treadmill or simply crawling into your bed for a good night sleep can affect the health of your spine. You are always at the risk of damaging your spine, these damages lead to back pain. It has been found that faulty postures can cause back pain by causing straining of the back muscles, injuring the tendons and damaging the vertebrae or ligaments. Back pain can be caused due to the overuse of a particular activity or for undertaking a new activity.
However, it is often very difficult to pin point the exact reason behind the occurrence of back pain. Here are the common causes for back pain:
- The screen trouble: You are likely to develop back pain, if you spend long hours sitting in front of the commuter. Researchers believe that spending nine hours or more a day by texting on smart phones or tablets or typing on the computer is dangerous. You must take break at regular intervals while working on the gadgets to avoid back pain. Your monitor of the computer should be placed at the level of your eye.
- You skip the core exercises: The health of your spine depends on the core regions of your body as well. The core region includes your back, side, pelvic, and buttock muscles. It is important that you practise the core exercises like lunges, squats, and planks. They help in strengthening the muscles around your core region and keep your spine healthy.
- Improper sleep pattern: Your sleeping pattern is as much important as your walking or sitting pattern, when it comes to the health of your spine. If you sleep on your stomach, pressure is placed on joints and muscles. This may cause straining of the muscles or ligaments in the spine region.
- Smoking: Cigarettes are not just unhealthy for your lungs or heart, they are equally bad for the spine. Cigarettes contain nicotine. Researchers have found that nicotine hampers the flow of blood to vertebrae and disks in between the spine. Insufficient supply of blood to the spine region results in low absorption of calcium by the bones in this region. Therefore, you end up developing back pain.
- Blame it on your emotions: Back pain adds to your emotional stress. But believe it or not, the reverse is equally true. Depression and emotional stress increases or sometimes even initiates back pain. When an individual is depressed, his or her glands releases stress hormones known as cortisol. This hormone causes the muscles in the back region to tense up.