Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Mamatha SureshYour feedback matters!
Epilepsy is a disease that affects the brain's nerve cells and triggers the release of abnormal electrical signals. This can cause temporary malfunctioning of the other brain cells and result in sudden loss of consciousness. Epilepsy can affect both children and adults.
Epilepsy can be treated in a number of ways. One of the most preferred forms of treatment is homeopathy. Homeopathy addresses both the physical symptoms of the disease and the underlying factors triggering it. Another big advantage of homeopathic treatment is that it has negligible side effects.
A few homeopathic remedies that can be used to treat epilepsy are:
- Cicuta: Cicuta is very effective when used to treat cases of epilepsy where convulsions are marked by violent, body distortions. This can include the horrific backward bending of the spine (learn about the exercises for spine). These convulsions also make the person's face turn blue and trigger a locked jaw. This can also be used to effectively treat epilepsy cases triggered by head injuries and worms.
- Artemisia Vulgaris: This is used to often treat cases of Petit Mal Epilepsy which are characterized by staring into space, leaning forwards or backwards and stopping a sentence abruptly. It also addresses fear that triggers epileptic attacks.
- Stramonium: Convulsions triggered by exposure to bright lights or shiny objects can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. In such cases, the patient may not lose consciousness but experiences jerks in the muscles of the upper body.
- Cuprum Met: This homeopathic remedy is used to treat seizures that are preceded by experiencing an aura in the knees (know more about the Causes and Symptoms of Knee Pain). Other symptoms that characterize this sort of an epileptic attack are spasms that begin in the fingers and toes and gradually spread to the rest of the body and jerking of muscles. This can also be used to treat convulsions that accompany menstruation and follow the delivery of a baby.
- Bufo Rana: Not all epileptic attacks occur you are awake. Attacks that occur in your sleep can be treated with bufo rana. Such epileptic attacks are accompanied by experiencing an aura in the genital regions. This is especially helpful for women who experience seizures during menstruation.
- Hyoscyamus: Some epileptic fits are followed by a deep sleep. This type of epileptic attacks can be treated with Hyoscyamus. Other symptoms addresses by this homeopathic medicine are fidgeting with bed clothes, fidgeting with fingers and muscular twitching.
These homeopathic remedies can be taken on their own or in combination with other medicines.
I am suffering from eye pain. Due to which I feel headache during eye pain. and it gives me lot of pain. Please advise.
Sir I am facing sometimes stomach pain in my right lumbar region, (just near the lower right side of navel) since last 5-6 year I had done sonography two times and endoscopic too, but Dr. Said that nothing is worried on medical report. N when pain become more then I take a cyclopam or aciloc. And sometimes pain get rid. Pls advice.
hello. I'm Azad I'm a student there a lot of exam stress on me. Due which I have severe pain in my head n in my back. Pls help me.
I am a 46 year old female. I have low grade fever in the evening daily and my tests for tb, lft, kft, tlc, dlc are all normal. What may be the reason?
I have pain in my legs while running. It feels like it is around the leg above the 2 bumps. I cannot even start my running with a slow pace. Doctor advised me to get tested for vit d3 level. I usually sit in my room watching t. V and chatting. My report says vit d is 10.0 ng/ml. Do I really need supplements for reaching 50ng/ml or 30 minutes sunbath will work? And if sunbath then how much and I should take daily or alternate days will work. What is the best time to take sunbath? And if I need supplement then which is good for me. My age is 23 yrs. Thank you in advance.
My glans are big is it good for sexual life? Also my foreskin always goes back it is very irritating to pull forward what should I do?
I think I am suffering from gynecomastia since 10 years. I have consulted endocrinologist who after complete check up declared me to be completely fit & fine. But due to increased chest I feel really embarrassed & low in confidence.
As diabetes is metabolic condition in which an individual affected would have rise in blood glucose level either due to insulin production is not sufficient or body's cells do not respond properly to insulin or both.
- frequent urination and increased thirst
- unexplained weight loss
- cuts and wounds takes long time to heal
- scabies and scratchiness on skin feet getting numb or cramps in legs
- lack of exercise and obesity
- unhealthy diet junk food fatty food alcohol tobacco etc,
- lack of proper nutrition expecially proteins and fibres
- stress and anxiety
- gestational diabetes
- weight control
- away from tension and stress
- avoid tobacco and its products
- follow healthy diet with fruits and green vegetables
- restrain from eating sweets
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I have red eyes last three weeks what should I do please give any suggestions and also headache but not fully.
Why They are Needed?
The body produces its own antioxidant enzymes to keep free radicals under control. However, to produce sufficient quantities of these enzymes, it needs fuel in the form of antioxidant nutrients such as fresh fruits and vegetables.Dietary sources not always sufficient Unfortunately, few people nowadays consume sufficient quantities of these nutrients to boost their antioxidant defence systems. Not even a balanced diet guarantees the ideal intake of essential nutrients.
Research has shown that our fruit and vegetables no longer have the same nutritional value of those eaten by our elders some 50 years ago.
Changes in farming techniques have considerably lowered the nutrient contents of our crops. Fruit and vegetables normally are not quite fresh by the time we buy them. They are exposed to high temperatures during preparation, long storage, exposure to light and heat, incorrect freezing and preserving, all of which destroy some of the vitamin and mineral content.
A question of balance
Our diets not only lack sufficient antioxidant nutrients to support our natural defence systems, our lifestyles also lead to increased free radical production, creating an imbalance. As a result, the body?s antioxidant enzymes cannot always cope with all the free radicals that are produced, increasing our risk of disease.
The balance between your antioxidant intake and exposure to free radicals may literally be the balance between life and death. You may tip the scales in your favour by simple changes to your diet and antioxidant supplementation,
I think I have developed a curvature in my penile shaft. I had no sex only masturbation quite frequently. I do not know what t do n who to consult is it peyronie disease or tissue hardening. I have consulted one doctor earlier he said I do not have plaque but what is the reason of curvature n no congenital curvature.
I am 69 years old. Had a CABG 7 years back. I take. A preparation of Garlic, Ginger, Lemon juices and Apple cider Vinegar mixed in equal quantities daily two spoons. Will this help?
My age is 63 yrs. In winter on anc often I sm suffering with running nose and sometimes blocked nose. This problem continues till 10 -15 days. Locally doctor examined and is of the opinion this is due to pollips. By taking steroid tablets it is cured. I am not interested in steroids. Do you suggest any medicine which is safe snd no side effects.
Carrots are one of the healthiest vegetables on the planet. They come in various colours and sizes and are widely available all over the world. Historians believe that carrots have been grown and eaten since the 1500s. Initially, carrots were cultivated in purple, white and yellow varieties. The orange and red varieties came much later. Whatever be their color, there is enough evidence to prove that carrot is a super food and benefits of eating carrots are enormous.
Each variety of this antioxidant rich food, supplies us with surplus amounts of vitamins. Carrots are great for weight watchers as it is a low calorie food. Red carrots are sweeter in taste than the orange variety. Orange carrots are less sweet, but have a pleasant taste. Red carrots are generally available in the winter season, whereas the orange ones are available throughout the year.
Red carrots contain a compound called lycopene, which gives it its red colour, the one also found in tomatoes. Lycopene protects our body against free radicals. It is believed to fight cancer cells and prevent heart disease. Vitamin A found in red carrots is essential for healthy eyes. Red carrots also contain phytonutrients called anthocyanin. Anthocyanin are powerful antioxidants that can help prevent cell damage and decrease risk of heart attack.
Orange carrots are loaded with vitamins A, E and K. Vitamin A is essential for eye health, vitamin K aids in blood clotting and improves bone health whereas vitamin E boosts the immune system. Vitamin E, also known as a skin vitamin supplements skin and gives it its natural glow. Beta carotene present in orange carrots has excellent antioxidant properties and protects the body against oxidative damage. Further, they contain a pigment called lutein, which helps decrease the risk of macular degeneration and other age-related diseases.
We can find a vast spectrum of colours in nature, be it fruits, vegetables, flowers, plant or birds. According to Ayurveda, colours have a lot of significance when it comes to food. Ayurveda talks about the importance of colors in diet and recommends a rainbow diet for health, beauty and anti ageing. A rainbow diet is one that incorporates all naturally occurring colours in food. So, you could increase your health quotient simply by making your plate vibrant with colourful fruits and vegetables. Thus, eating different varieties of carrots could surely be one good way to include colours and a host of nutrients in our diet.
Raw carrots offer maximum nutritional benefit; however, they are also the simplest vegetables to cook. They can be steamed, boiled, added to stews, soups or salads. Doctors recommend eating two carrots per day for better eye health. Include Carrots in your plate today and every day! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.