Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Mamatha ShettyYour feedback matters!
I was not in a physical relationship with the guy whom I love. Our relationship was 2 and half years old. Tomorrow I got to know that he is cheating with me. Before he tried to break up. Bt I continued the relationship. My final year exam is after 1week. I can't sleep yesterday. The whole night I was thinking that that can't be true. Bt I saw in my eyes. I can't concentrate in my studies. Now please help me. What should I do? I can't live without him. Please help me. Please.
I'm 23 years old. I do smoke from 6 years. Around 3 years ago I use to smoke around 8-10 cigarettes per day. But from 2 months I smoke 3-4 cigarettes. But from 2 days when I smoke I split some blood or something. Sometimes its a yellow color liquid. I want you to suggest me some way to identify those fluid. And what damage I took from smoking.
I smoke for 10 years when I was 11. I want to quit smoking. I have tried many times but I can't. Please help me otherwise I'll dye.
Epilepsy is a disease that affects the brain's nerve cells and triggers the release of abnormal electrical signals. This can cause temporary malfunctioning of the other brain cells and result in sudden loss of consciousness. Epilepsy can affect both children and adults.
Epilepsy can be treated in a number of ways. One of the most preferred forms of treatment is homeopathy. Homeopathy addresses both the physical symptoms of the disease and the underlying factors triggering it. Another big advantage of homeopathic treatment is that it has negligible side effects.
A few homeopathic remedies that can be used to treat epilepsy are:
- Cicuta: Cicuta is very effective when used to treat cases of epilepsy where convulsions are marked by violent, body distortions. This can include the horrific backward bending of the spine. These convulsions also make the person's face turn blue and trigger a locked jaw. This can also be used to effectively treat epilepsy cases triggered by head injuries and worms.
- Artemisia Vulgaris: This is used to often treat cases of Petit Mal Epilepsy which are characterized by staring into space, leaning forwards or backwards and stopping a sentence abruptly. It also addresses fear that triggers epileptic attacks.
- Stramonium: Convulsions triggered by exposure to bright lights or shiny objects can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. In such cases, the patient may not lose consciousness but experiences jerks in the muscles of the upper body.
- Cuprum Met: This homeopathic remedy is used to treat seizures that are preceded by experiencing an aura in the knees. Other symptoms that characterize this sort of an epileptic attack are spasms that begin in the fingers and toes and gradually spread to the rest of the body and jerking of muscles. This can also be used to treat convulsions that accompany menstruation and follow the delivery of a baby.
- Bufo Rana: Not all epileptic attacks occur you are awake. Attacks that occur in your sleep can be treated with bufo rana. Such epileptic attacks are accompanied by experiencing an aura in the genital regions. This is especially helpful for women who experience seizures during menstruation.
- Hyoscyamus: Some epileptic fits are followed by a deep sleep. This type of epileptic attacks can be treated with Hyoscyamus. Other symptoms addresses by this homeopathic medicine are fidgeting with bed clothes, fidgeting with fingers and muscular twitching.
These homeopathic remedies can be taken on their own or in combination with other medicines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am smoking from past two years and from 3 months I have been spitting flume that has some brown thing like tar from lungs.
I lost someone close last year ans since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Muje samaj nahi ata main kya karu main jabse bimar hua hu. Tab se meritabiyat sahi nahi rehti. Main bhaut depressed rehta hu. Meri hartime letne ka mann karta hai. Aisa lagta hai jaise hath per ki jaan nikal gayi. Muje typhoid fever hua tha monnths pehle tab se main preshan hu kya karu samaj nahi ata muje.
I am suffering from the stammering problem please tell what is the home remedies to get rid of this thanks.
How to be fit and fine while we are studying and have no time to do exercise and no tiredness feel to us and live and study healthy.
I am taking depression medicine melzap and c-pram. And I releasing that this is affecting the sex life. Is that due to these medicine.
Hi Doctor I'm preparing for CAT exam. Time available to me is very limited, is there is any problem in reducing my sleep to 4 hours per day? How can I improve my memory ? Will you please suggest me some food items that can improve memory.
I am fifty years old active working women. Before I can sing a song nicely. But past one year, I am not able to speak also. My voice is low and it is not clear now. What is the solution for it. I am always having curd. Do not ask me to avoid curd.
I am 53, have wife and a daughter (23) & a son (14). I am in a good position. I am diabetic and hypertensive. I am highly depressed and may commit suicide anytime. Help sought.
51 stress management tips to help you manage your stress
1. Seek professional help
2. Change your diet
3. Increase exercise
4. Drink more water
5. Learn to meditate
6. Read a positive thinking book
7. Start a new hobby
8. Spend at least 10 minutes in the early morning or late afternoon sunshine
9. Go for a walk
10. Talk to your parents
11. Talk to your friends
12. Talk to work colleagues
13. Find time for yourself
14. Learn positive affirmations
15. Do a positive thinking course or buy a book
16. Concentrate on your breathing
17. Stay calm
18. Find a healthy way to release your energy
19. Join a sporting team
20. Talk about your feelings
21. Don't be afraid of failure
22. Learn ways to relax
23. Spend quality time with your family
24. Spend quality time with your friends
25. Belief in yourself
26. Give yourself another chance
27. Learn to just stop
28. Approach something new with a positive mind
29. Reward yourself for your attempts
30. Acknowledge the good in yourself
31. Get organised
32. Write to-do lists (achievable)
33. Set yourself realistic goals and reward yourself when you reach them
34. Cut back on alcohol
35. Cut back on smoking
36. Avoid too much coffee
37. Avoid nonprescription drugs
38. Play with your kids
39. Spend time with your partner
40. Have more early nights
41. Take the tv out of the bedroom or, at least, don't have it on at bedtime
42. Stay positive
43. Learn about breathing techniques
44. Try assertiveness training
45. Try to stop negative thoughts
46. Listen to your body
47. Learn to say no
48. Accept other people's failures
49. Ask for help
50. Accept what you can't change
51. Learn from your mistakes