Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Mamatha ShettyYour feedback matters!
My wife has been feeling that something is moving in her body from her mouth to leg. That unknown thing is not paining but her concentration going loss. Due to which she feels weakness and laziness so much. She do not wish to do any work and always prefer to lay on bed. Also, she's going hyper and frustrated on small things, she forgets small small things and taking so much time to remember. When these problem has started she even not taking care of herself. Her face freshness has gone away, also facing hairfall problem. She is been going in depression now. I had visited so many Dr. but they have been told that is only acidity/ hyper acidity. Also completed all types of medicine course but still she is been not getting recover. Pls help me on this.
I am suffer from depression and psychological problem. I fear by negative thinking. Can you suggest me any ayurvedic medicine without any side effect. I have headache.
I am 18 years old female. Height 5 feet 5 inches. Weight 60 kg. I have irregular periods from starting i.e, since five years, which lasts for 10 days every time. Recently I had my periods lasted for 10 days and again with 7 days gap I had my periods which again lasted for 10 days. And from then daily a little brownish discharge is seen. I ll have very heavy bleeding for 5 - 7 days and the rest with normal bleeding. I am having body pains during my periods. Not able to concentrate on my studies even. What should do to get rid of this. And y is this happening to me.
I am 28 years old, weight 90 kg, height 5.9 inches. I have lot of sweating and extra fats on both eye covers corner, some belly fat also, low concentration laziness filling sleepy and little bit depression also.
I have anxiety and panic symptoms from 1 year I always have breathing problems and I feel something is in the throat. Its worse after drinking and smoking I always feel I will get heart attack and I fear from die. Please help
I lost somebody close last year and since then fell very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help.
I always think negative. Lots of thoughts go through my mind. I try to ignore but it continues. What to do?
Heels are weight bearing part of feet during standing, walking or running. Improper postures or foot wear can cause degeneration of heel and subsequent pain.
Causes for heel pain:
1. Sprains: Improper exercise and improper footwear like high heels can put unnecessary stress on heels and cause pain. Avoid such conditions by using excellent quality heels and avoiding them as much as possible. Exercise should be done under expert guidance.
2. Fractures: Stress or hairline fractures can occur even without trauma and cause pain. In such cases, you should immediately consult a doctor.
3. Plantar fasciitis: A common cause for heel pain, the Plantar fascia at heel can cause severe early morning heel pain. It can be managed with exercises, PRP Injections.
4. Arthritis: Gout, rheumatoid arthritis and other types of arthritis can affect ankle joint and cause heel pain. This can be managed with medications and exercises. In severe cases injections may be needed for treatment.
1. Change in shoes: Shoes play a key role in the development of heel pain. Avoid wearing heels for prolonged period and specially when walking long distances.
2. Foot supports: There are specialized heel supports and wedges, which you can wear with the footwear. These supports help redistribute weight from the problem areas and uniformly distribute it among the other parts of the foot. Heel cups are also another form of supports you could try.
3. Pain relief medications: Over the counter analgesics like Ibuprofen or Paracetamol can help in reducing acute episodes of pain. Self - medication for prolonged periods should be avoided.
4. Ice packs: Application of ice packs decrease pain and stiffness of heel. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
Why do I get the "final destination" feeling when the flight sit in takes off? Do movies really play a part in a person's mind psychologically?
I am not able to sleep well from many years and I am very weak, lazy and not able to concentrate and forgotten even friends names, what shall I do? Please advise.
This is my first step towards any physiatrist. I'm going through suicidal feelings. Depression. stress. Also don't feel like stepping out of the house. My heart beats go high when in crowd and I turn totally blank.
I have cervical spondylitis pain for 4 years. So please suggest me proper therapy.. I have feel pain full day. I have also stress.
I am 30 of a male suffering from generalized anxiety disorder facing symptoms like severe numbness in head, world seems dreamy dreamy, fear in public, foggy and distorted vision always thinking how I ll cum out of this. Please help since 2 years I am having this eating vegetables and fruits but still its not curable. Rply and tell me whether slowly slowly this scary symptoms will vanish or not. One of psychologist told me there no no medicine to cure anxiety eat healthy n sleep healthy is the only way to cure it.
Does sleeping less affect the mental power and make it weak or memory loss. It has any other affect also.
I am about 22yrs since i passed my class 4th exam i am unable to concentrate in my studies. Some how i did the Board . But now i cannot rely on being luck to pass. I have to prepare my future. My bachmates have gone far as becoming engineers, chartered accountants. I have lacked down. The main reason is that i am unable to study. As soon as i see the books i have headaces and everything blackouts. I am in a Depressed situation now. I am unable to remember things and do certain activities in the manner in which i was told to do so. I dont see my improvement in any thing.
PTSD is a neurological disorder which affects individuals after experiencing severe traumatic situations. The individuals find it difficult to cope with such situations and often have flashbacks of those moments of trauma. Stress, as a result of the trauma wrecks the normal nervous functioning of the individuals. PTSD can have the following symptoms:
- Flashbacks of the traumatic event
- Nightmares, which are repetitive and severely distressing
- Images from the traumatic event intruding during the day
- Reminders of the event provoking distress
Avoidance or rumination:
- Those suffering from PTSD avoid being reminded of the trauma, such as people, situations or circumstances associated with the event. They try to suppress memories associated with the event.
- Many others ruminate excessively and prevent themselves from coming to terms with it.
Hyper arousal or emotional numbing:
- Hyper vigilance for threat
- Exaggerated sterile response
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleep problems
- Difficulty experiencing emotion
- Emotional detachment from others
- Giving up activities which mattered before the trauma
- Amnesia for salient aspects of the trauma
How to manage PTSD?
The following tips will help to come to terms with your traumatic episode and ease stress:
- If symptoms are mild, then observing the patient is preferred
- If symptoms are chronic, then trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT) proves to be beneficial
- Alternative treatments include eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Comorbid symptoms such as depression, general anxiety and alcohol or substance abuse are secondary to PTSD. PTSD should be treated first and then the associated symptoms should be addressed.
- Mindfulness meditation (not a treatment option) helps in recognizing cognitive dissonances and affected thought patterns and aids in recognizing and overcoming their influence.