Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mamatha ShettyYour feedback matters!
I am 22 year old jobless male. I am a mechanical graduate. I lost interest in life. I am not in present. I am very inactive. I have a lot of fear that I may lose in life. Always thinking bad things in heart. Please tell me any suggestion. I don't have dare to go in public and speak. Please tell me what should I do?
I am a mother of borderline personality disorder daughter of 26 years. Which would be the best book for me to read? Would prefer an Indian author.
My board exams are starting in 3 days due to which I am very depressed and have constant headache. Give me some tips on how can I manage my time?
I am 47 Yrs male. Anxiety Disorder from last one year for unnecessary reasons. Pls help. Some times panic attack.
Hi sir. She is my fiancee. Named sonali. She is suffering from depression. So how would I treat with her.
1. You must take vitamin c 500 mg three times a day.
2. You must prepare bottles of water mixed with glucose
Powder. This will stop the cravings.
3. You must drink at least 5 glasses of lemon, orange or
Cranberry juice. This will detox your body and mind by
Decreasing blood levels of nicotine.
4. You must take half a nutmeg, weighing 500 mg and crush
It into a powder with a food mixer. Add sugar and flavor to
This powder and keep chewing it whenever you need a
5. You must get a vicks inhaler and take a deep inhalation
Through both your nostrils until the craving goes away.
6. Find a bitter mouth wash. Listerine is the best. You must
Rinse your mouth the first thing in the morning. Smoking
Tastes horrible and unsmokable when you do this.
7. Keep up this personal treatment for 3 days.
I am a patient of depression I take lot of stress due to that I have headache it doesn't cure with painkiller and anxiety also what can I do? My heart got sinking when I think there is nobody to take care of me.
I don't know, but I might be suffering from BPD I did some online tests and it said I might be suffering from BPD. I would be really grateful if I get help for this.
I am 22 year old. I hestitate to speak to my family. I feel lonely all the time at home. I don't have many friends. I keep studying or surf on internet for current affairs around the world. I am scared of my family in asking anything what I want to do and think they wil say no which I won't be able to take it. I don't know what should I do.
Epilepsy is defined as a neurological disorder, which affects people of all age groups. However, the cases of seizures are found more in young children (likely to occur in as many as 4% of children) than in adults. It is still not known as to why a developing brain is more prone to seizures than a mature brain. A child is said to be suffering from epilepsy when they occur frequently.
As parents your responsibilities are compounded if your child has epilepsy. You not only have to pay heed towards the normal concerns of his/her upbringing but also have to look into your child's emotional aspects, while dealing with the disorder in your day to day life.
You can help your child deal with the condition in the following ways:
1. It is quite likely that your child may feel resentful and develop emotional issues, such as depression or low self-esteem. Help your child cultivates positive attitude towards life and his/her disease.
2. Try to make your child come to terms with reality by helping him/her to understand that even though he/she may be different, he/she shouldn't look upon the condition as something that is abnormal. It is best to help your child concentrate on his/her strengths at such times.
3. Help your child participate in activities of his/her choice to instill positivity in life.
4. Make sure your other children understand their sibling's ailment and if he/she feels neglected try and spend more time with him/her. If need be, seek family counselling to make everyone understand how to deal with your child's illness.
5. Learn about your child's medication schedule thoroughly and also find out what he/she needs to do in case a dose of medication is missed.
6. Develop an environment where he/she feels comfortable and can easily share a concern or anxieties. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
I m a 32 yes old male n smoke 6-7 cigarette daily. Want to quit smoking badly. Any useful suggestion. Plz.
How can I recover myself from depression and anxiety which I have been suffering from last few years which eating me day by day.
My younger brother Age- 24 years Educational Qualification- Diploma in IT Suffering from Paranoid Schizophenia last 5+ years. 2 years back admitted in Nair Hospital- Mumbai for about a month undergone 6-8 ECT and hospitalized for 1 month. Presently under medication, but very irregular and has started becoming volatile at times. Presently looking for your support in the way to recommend some rehab centre in India, probably mumbai, pune which help him to stabilize, live a normal life and also earn his living. They teach him some kind of occupation/service etc. Presently we have kept him at Nitayanand Rehad centre in Pune, Panchagaon. Its just 15 day now. We are yet to see his improvements. May please help. Thanks for reading my mail.
Due to stress problem my memory is getting weaker. I keep forgetting words to say or things to do. What should I do. Please help.
I m having a serious hairfall problem. I m scared of washing my hairs because of hair fall. I m not able to concentrate on my studies because of the same reason. I had thick hairs. Now continuously I m loosing them from the tip of hair follicle. please help.
Asperger's Syndrome has recently come under the umbrella of Autism Spectrum Disorder. This syndrome usually affects the social skills of the patient, most heavily. The patient may seem normal and even intelligent at first glance. But on closer interaction, several social skill problems will come to the fore including an obsessive focus on certain topics and issues. Repetitive behaviour is also a part of this disease.
Let us find out more about Asperger's Syndrome:
- Symptoms: The symptoms usually begin to show up early on in one's childhood. The patient will not be able to make eye contact while speaking with others. Also, a perfectly normal person may seem inordinately shy and reserved during social interactions. This awkwardness may come to the fore in the form of looking for expression cues on other people's faces and even the body language. The patient may not be a very happy and lively soul, with hardly a smile to crack at the funniest of jokes. The lack of emotions or the emotionally numb state is also a major giveaway of the condition. Other symptoms may include a strong aversion towards change in food habits and routine.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis is usually done by mental health specialists like a developmental paediatrician, a psychiatrist, a psychologist or even a paediatric neurologist. These specialists can put the child through a variety of tests that will study the neurological health as well as the speech and emotional behaviour of the child.
- Educating the Parent: Once the diagnosis has been done, the parents of the patient will have to appraised of the condition and its implications. The symptoms and treatment will have to be duly discussed even as the parents are put through training and therapy to learn techniques with which they can help the child in progressing along more normal lines. The therapy will also help the parents deal with the challenge of living with someone suffering from this condition.
- Treatment: There are varied forms of treatment that aim at fixing the specific areas and symptoms that the patient is learning to live with. Social skills training, speech and language therapy, CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and other forms of treatment can help the child overcome many symptoms that come from this condition.
In the course of the treatment, it is important for the child, parent and therapist concerned to realise that there is no single approach that can be applied to all patients suffering from Asperger's Syndrome. Individual care and therapy will be required for individual cases. At the same time, most of the skills will need to be repeated at home so that the child takes them more seriously. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.