Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mamatha Shetty
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mamatha ShettyYour feedback matters!
It was nice, had good experience
Dear Dr. I am 31 years old married woman got a son & he is 4 years now, Often am worried n my mind is keep on thinking if anything happen to my kid or husband and if I lose them it really puts me down I dunno how to get rid of these thoughts. Sometimes my eyes just flows and am unable to control my self. A year before one of our friend's son died by a snake bite this incident made me so weak after that only am getting these thats Pls help me Dr. sometimes am sleepless these that takes away my peace of mind.
Sir I have a problem. When I got tensed my sweat was released more from my body. And I got nerves. Then my brain doesn't work. And when I see my friends if they are done something great I feel under depression.
Hi sir I have smoking habits. I want to quite. I smoking for a long time but I'm.not a chain smoker. I smoke one or two cigarettes in a day. What should I do for to quite. Can I eat nicotex Pill's chewable. Pls give a advise.
Doctors are our real saviors. From physical problems to mental issues, a doctor is needed to guide us all along. The medical professional can be quite challenging and demanding. Dealing with numerous patients and their problems every day is no joke. It can leave a person completely exhausted and burnt out. Doctors are also human beings. All these activities and daily struggle often take a toll, both on their physical and mental health. Unable to cope with the stress, many doctors (especially the young physicians) get into depression. They suffer from different mental issues (minor to serious).
Of late, there has been a mercurial rise in the number of doctors suffering from mental issues (stress, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, to name a few). As per a survey, women practitioners are at a slightly greater risk of facing mental issues than their male counterparts. To make matters worse, many doctors live in self-denial. They just refuse to accept the fact that there can be some problem (mental) with them. Many contemplate treatment as they fear this can jeopardize their career forever. They feel they will be socially and professionally isolated. But delaying the treatment or counseling will not help either. Like any other patients, they too need love, care, and most importantly, proper assistance.
- The first and the most important step is to accept the fact gracefully that there is some problem.
- Do not shy away from seeking an expert opinion or assistance. If the need arises, go for counseling. It is for your good.
- Your patients are your priority but do not ignore your health in the process. Take short breaks to avoid exhaustion and professional monotony. Go on a small vacation.
- In trying to achieve professional excellence, do not ignore your family. Spend at least an hour of quality time with your family every day. Spending time with your loved ones can be a great stress buster.
- Try and stay relaxed as much as you can. Meditation, music therapy, yoga, light exercise are important for the mind and the body to function normally.
- Take care of your diet. Try and include foods that will enhance your mood and lift your spirits.
- For doctors who are into drinking and smoking, it is advised to keep it within healthy limits.
- If there is anything that is bothering you, just let it out. Do not suppress your emotions.
- Try and follow a healthy sleep routine (though difficult for doctors). At least get 6 hours of sleep daily.
- Do not isolate yourself from other people. Mental issues are not a very big deal. Being a doctor, you should know this better. Most importantly, accept and love yourself.
Anxiety and mental issues can affect anyone, irrespective of their profession. The sooner you accept this, the faster you recover. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
My daughter suffered by epilepsy. Only two times one year before. Dr. prescribed to take, 500 mg levipil twice per day. morning 500 mg eve 500mg. Since one year seizure had not come. She is studying CA. CAN WE STOP TO TAKE MEDICINE. GANESH.
Hi Mam I have so many friends are there I am spent some few friends only. I feel some times what about my life already 52 years old so please make me depressed what I do please suggest.
1) assess the level of pain on a scale of 0 to 10 where 0 means no pain and 10 means unbearable excruciating pain.
Affirm: following set of affirmations for 21 times.
I solve my pain
I dissolve my pain
I resolve my pain
I co-solve my pain
I super solve my pain.
It would be a good idea to investigate your reasons behind pains. If there are no known pathological changes behind your pain, we recommend, explore deeper emotional issues which needs your attention.
Certain key affirmations can actually help in releasing past emotional toxins from your body, making you feel lighter and healthier.