Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mamatha PatelYour feedback matters!
My right side of jaws and head is paining. And also got a serious headache. I don't know the reason why. So, pls suggest me a solution.
I am 28 years old female and suffering from soft palate swelling pain from last 1 year. Please advise.
I am a moderate smoker and lasted atleast 7 to 8 teach (both upper and lower). My age is 58. Suggest corrective action. Unable to eat and chew properly. Facing other digestion related problems. I am located hyderabad.
I am 30 yrs age, and from few days I m sensing that I am unable to open my mouth completely. I am trying to stretch its paining. Suggest me wh to do.
I have yellow stains on my teeth due to underground water, please suggest me the treatment for this. Is there any type laser treatment by dentist to remove the yellow stains from teeth? please suggest..
I brushed my teeth daily but very bad smell is coming from my mouth and some bleeding also happened so what can I do.
U have cavity in my teeth on both side.. Have problem and pain when eat food.. Suggest me a better way to repair my teeth.? Is there any natural solution to recover my tooth?
I can't speak properly. It's means I have problem to my tongue (totarna. We treat me and give idea for this. Plzz sir help me.
I have a mouth ulcer formed due to a cut while eating. It's very painful. Pls suggest some medication. Already using dologel orasore and b complex.
I am having problem of mouth burning. Any spices or salty food eat I feel burning in mouth and on younger .my family doctor told me reason to low B12 level .my tongue and mouth burning .even my digestion is very poor. Pls advise me proper treatment and cause of mouth burning. No ulcer in mouth or on tongue. Even my mouth and tongue Alway in red color. M y teeth also very sensitive.
Hi I am 26 year old girl. I have pain in my teeth. One dentist suggested for RCT. I guess its second molar teeth. May I know how much it would cost?
Evry time I brush my teeth the gums starts toh bleed even my booth uppr lst teeth pains. Pls suggest proper trtmnt!
I am 14 years old and in my back three teeth on the both side.Cavity is being developed.What should i do for it?
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"
In some cases, bleeding gums can be a sign of gingivitis, the early stage of periodontal disease. If your gums bleed easily or bleed when you brush, talk to your dentist about your oral health. Gingivitis is reversible and preventable.
Some pregnant women develop a condition known as “pregnancy gingivitis,” an inflammation of the gums that can cause swelling and tenderness. Gums also may bleed a little when brushing or flossing.
If you take blood thinners, these medications may cause your gums to bleed. Contact your physician if the bleeding does not stop quickly. Your gums could also be bleeding if you brush too hard. Use an extra-soft or soft-bristled toothbrush when brushing your teeth.
If your gums bleed regularly or enough to worry you, make an appointment with your dentist. It could be a sign that something else is wrong.
Always remember to brush your teeth twice a day, floss once a day and schedule regular dental visits.