Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mamatha KamatYour feedback matters!
I have a daughter of only four months. She is infected with the virus hhv-5. She is normal. Doctor told us that for small baby they can not give any medicine to remove this virus. This human herpes virus have the effect on hearing and brain. How and from where we can provide the treatment for her so that virus effect can be minimized. Please suggest, I shall be grateful.
Hi doctor, i'm 26 years old. Currently am carrying a baby age of 7 weeks. Some people saying that egg is not good for health as it may cause unusual baby hair growth. Is it right? And also let me know how many times I can do hair bath per week.
My baby is 11 months old (boy). His weight is just 8 kg. Till now my wife is feeding him with her milk. *Every morning about 8'0 clock she gives idly. *At 11'0 clock boiled cereals powder (rice, wheat, dals, corn, soya, ragulu, jonnalu, sajjalu, korralu, oats, groundnuts powder) *At 1'0 clock with curry & curd. *At 3.30 pm yellow of boiled egg.(started from 1 week). *At 5.00 pm banana or boiled apple. *At 7.00 pm again rice with curry . * My wife gives him milk 7or 8 times per day. Now my wife wants to stop her milk & wants to give outer milk. Please suggest me which milk powder is better for him. His weight is also very less for his age. The way my wife feeding him is the correct procedure or not. What type of food can we give for him to improve his weight? Please suggest milk powder also?
My baby boy of 21 days suffering from Red rashes near anal opening and it pains on passing stool, the stool is watery and contains bubbles. Plus advise.
My son is of 51/2 months. From last 7 days, he had not done poop. Please suggest me what to do so that he can do poop?
Asthma is a very common condition that is quite often 'miss' diagnosed. Asthma presents as breathlessness, it is also called as wheezing, due to the typical sound that is often present. The lungs help us breathe in the air , there is a phase where the air goes in called inspiration and when the air comes out its called expiration. Asthma typically occurs when the air pipes or tubes through which the air goes in and comes out gets narrowed. When this happens , there is increased resistance to the air flow and this resistance causes the wheeze or sounds that are associated with the condition.
Some people are more prone to Asthma than others , those with a general tendency of allergies tend to be more at risk for developing asthma. Since the narrowing of the air pipes reduces the air flow, there also is a change in the gas exchange which happens in the lungs, when the gas exchange is suboptimal the body feels the need for more air and this is characterized as breathlessness. Sometimes a person might also have a cough along with the wheezing and this can be misdiagnosed as a respiratory infection when there is none, unless there is a clear-cut evidence of infection that too of bacterial origin Antibiotics won't be useful. ( because a large number of viral infections can also be there).
Many people when they have a cough and breathlessness walk into a drug store and buy an antibiotic or cough syrup and self-medicate. This can be very harmful, developing antibiotic resistance means the next time there is an infection the less likely the antibiotics are likely to work and secondly some medicines can themselves increase the risk of asthma or wheeze.
The treatment of Asthma is very simple, there are very good inhalers that help the tightness or narrowing of the air pipes to be relieved in a matter of seconds, so if you think you have asthma consult someone who can diagnose it correctly and help you live more productively.
My baby girl is 1 year old and since 3 to 4 days she facing some Urine issue, as In a day she do a 2 to 3 times urine only and at night sometimes she do a Urine and sometime notes. Urine come yellow and she not face any issue while she do Urine. She also have some cold since 4 to 5 days. Please guide me on that.
I am 27 years old and I have a boy baby (1- month. Can I breastfeed because I am affected from hypothyroid and taking 50 mg mediation.
Researchers have revealed that seven-month-old babies have basic social skills and can understand what their parents and relatives are up to..this study says small babies not only observe their surroundings but can also understand social interactions
The results provide evidence that directly links neural responses from the motor system to overt social behaviour in infants
Sir, I have twins (Girl & Boy) born on 02.05. 2015 (6 months + age). Whether it is good to feed them Oat meal to them? In what way it is better to prepare OAT meal? Only Boiling & after softening the OAT with water, adding milk product (Pro Nan 2), meal ready for baby. Is it safe method? Is OAT healthy to 6 month + age baby?
I have 4 months child and she is suffering gas problem she cry please help me to solve this problem.
We are going to fly with our 8.5 months old son in a week for the first time. The flight is around 1 hour long. What all do we need take care of?
Hello my son has been prescribed augmentin 5 ml for 7 days by a ent specialist. earlier he was prescribed augmentin 2 months back by pediatrician. This year alone my son has taken augmentin thrice. Does it have any impact on the lung run. I am hearing a lot about antibiotic abuse and that taking antibiotics for minor illness causes it to not show any improvement. Is it correct. What to do when in future he is prescribed augmentin again.
Exams are here again. As always we tend to neglect our food in the process of concentrating on studies. But we forget that to concentrate on studies we have to concentrate on taking a healthy diet.
Here are a few diet tips that will help you balance your study as well as diet.
1. Eat small and nourishing meals every three hours, instead of just 2-3 heavy meals. The brain needs a constant supply of energy and a heavy meal will divert the blood supply to digest the heavy meal.
2. Your daily diet must include 2-3 fresh, seasonal fruits. Start your day with a boost of fruit energy. Have a banana with a tablespoon of honey as the first meal of the day. Fruits provide you not only with fiber, vitamins and minerals but also simple and complex carbohydrates for short and long duration of energy supply when studying. The fiber will also help to keep the bowel movement clear.
3. A good breakfast is a must for anyone. The breakfast must contain foods with complex carbohydrates like flakes, oats, rawa (semolina), daliya (wheat cracks), poha (rice flakes) or pav with vegetables and a protein source such as eggs, milk, pulse, sprouts or paneer.
4. Nuts and dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, and dates provide nutrients which enhance brain power and concentration and also provide an extended source of energy supply.
5. Include potassium-rich coconut water, citrus fruits/ juices and soups in your diet.
6. Green leafy vegetables, pulses, and nuts will also provide vitamins and minerals to help avoid anemia. (Anemia is a common problem causing difficulty in concentration.)
7. Including milk as a bedtime meal and curd/lassi/buttermilk after lunch or as a mid-meal assures a supply of Vitamin B12 too.
8. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Always keep a glass of water beside you to remember to take sips of water every 15 minutes.
9. Basic exercise like stretching, walking or yoga with meditation will help to reduce negative stress and also help you to get good sleep.
10. Avoid junk foods as they will provide you no nutrition.
11. Avoid stimulants like tea, coffee or colas as they may seem to perk you up but the energy does not sustain for long. Too much may even cause bloating or acidity.
12. Avoid aerated drinks as they are full of sugar and may cause a rapid rise in blood sugar levels causing a sudden rise and drop in sugar levels.
13. Chocolates may seem to may you feel good but the sudden rise and fall of sugar it causes in the blood can lead to trembling nervousness and panic.
14. Have your dinner if possible a little earlier than 9-10pm.
15. Keep about 2 hours between dinner and your bedtime.
16. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.
Remember your body and mind need the fuel to help you perform the best. So, nourish it and take care of it and it will do the same for you.