Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MamathaYour feedback matters!
I had a cuddling session with my girl friend We never had sex We both were nude but to ensure safety I used a condom while doing so I put my finger into her vagina but her hymen is not broken Are there any chances of her getting pregnant?
When you run your hands over the soles of your feet, the surface should be smooth to touch. However, sometimes, the surface may not be so smooth. Piezogenic pedal papules are papules on the medial, posterior or lateral aspects of both heels and result from herniation of fat. These papules are usually asymptomatic and can range from a size of 2mm to 10mm. In some cases, they can be a little painful. This is seen commonly in large lesions. They become apparent when the patient stands with his full weight on his feet and disappear or shrink when the weight is removed. Piezogenic papules can also occur on the wrists. This is a fairly common condition that affects women more than men. Piezogenic pedal papules can occur at any age including infancy.
There is no known cause for the herniation of fat that causes this condition. However, there are a few factors that could increase your risk of suffering from this condition. These factors are:
- Orthopedic problems
- Flat feet
- Collagen disorders such as EDS
- Jobs which entail standing for long hours
- Excessive weight bearing
This condition can also affect newborn babies with no predisposition. The diagnosis of this condition is often confused with infantile pedal papules, xanthoma and tophi. Since they are prominently visible only when pressure is applied, it is essential for a doctor to physically examine the patient while he or she is standing. This condition does not affect the health of a person and is largely only a cosmetic issue. Thus treatment is not usually necessary but some of the things you could do to relieve the discomfort are:
- In cases where Ehlers-Danlos syndrome triggers the condition, patients may be recommended betamethasone and bupivacaine injections. These injections need to be administered repeatedly for complete pain relief.
- Orthotic soles or custom made inserts for shoes can help relieve the pain and distribute pressure equally.
- Heel taping
- Compression stockings
- Avoid excessive or prolonged weight bearing
- Avoid standing for extended periods and try not to run too much
- Rest the feet and keep them elevated to help alleviate the symptoms
- Lose weight if you are on the heavier side
- Electro acupuncture
Piezogenic pedal papules are benign and are no reason to worry. If they begin to affect the quality of your life, you could consult a podiatrist.
I need to knw if I can get pregnant if there was no ejection of sperm while intercourse. Im a mother of 5.5 months only breastfeeding the baby. What should be done. I am sure der was no sperm contact. Im just concerned. How can I find out.
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection i.e. ICSI is different from conventional IVF i.e. In Vitro Fertilization because a single sperm is selected by the embryologist to be injected by a needle into the egg rather than a dish with many sperms placed near the egg so that the fastest swimming sperm enters it. Once the sperm is injected directly into the egg, it fertilizes, after which the embryo is transferred into the womb or uterus.
Your doctor might recommend ICSI treatment for you if you have an extremely low sperm count resulting in infertility or other medical sperm conditions such as poor motility or poor morphology. It may also be suggested if prior attempts at IVF procedures have failed in fertilizing the egg or the fertilization rate is extremely low. You must also consider ICSI treatment if you resort to embryo testing or if the sperm needs to be collected from the epididymis or testicles surgically.
However, you must keep in mind that if your partner has a genetic problem resulting in low sperm count, it could be passed on to your child, if you decide to use your husband's sperm for this process.
Success Rates of ICSI:
The success rate of ICSI treatment depends on your age and your fertility problem. Your eggs are healthier when you are young and as you age, chances are that they will become less healthy.
- 35 per cent if you are under 35 years of age
- 29 per cent if you are between 35 to 37 years of age
- 21 per cent if you are between 38 to 39 years of age
- 14 per cent if you are between 40 to 42 years of age
- 6 per cent if you are between 43 to 44 years of age
- 5 per cent if you are above 44 years of age
Advantages of ICSI Treatment:
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection gives you a chance to conceive a child genetically when most other options are exhausted. Males may be unable to ejaculate on the day the eggs are collected due to anxiety. ICSI proves to be advantageous because sperm may also be surgically extracted for this process. It is extremely helpful for those couples who suffer from unexplained infertility. However, one of the most important factors is that ICSI treatment does not affect your child's physical or mental health.
Hi, I am 20 and I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend, I had sex on 4th may and she had her periods from 25th april to 1st may, I had used the pullout method, and dint cumm inside her, but I am worried! If she gets pregnant! what are the chances of her getting pregnant! And any home treatment to check if she is pregnant? Apart from test kit?
While having sex for the first time, the condom broke in the beginning. He didn't even insert half into me when he exploded. Now I took ipill within 9 hrs of us having sex. My periods come on 1st of every month generally but last month's periods (before sex) came little early on 26thAug. Then we had sex on 4th Sept. Anything to worry about? Do I need to take any further precautions? When can my next periods come?
I have preeclampsia, in pregnancy my bp rises, and stop my baby's growth, finally he died in overy. Can any one have a idea before I conceive to face that problem or reduce these permanently. Please Give me ans.
I have inserted copper t iud my doctor told me to check it on every fifth day of my period but I want to know that how to check it at home and if I forget it to check on my fifth day of period is it possible to check it on later days of same month. Please reply.
Want to get pregnant. Problem in my husband ie. Low sperm count n quality. Preparing for 1, 5 years. This month before my period 2 days back before period a brown lyk spotting I have seen. Ie. On 7 th april. N till the date ie. 11 april not get my period. My period date was almost 10 april. Plzz help.
My course for seizure disorder treatment is about 3 years, and medicins are VALCOT CR-300 & Neuroforte. Doctors told me take these meds for 3 years, 2 times a day. I want to ask you Doctor is there any other meds that comes in Market for same disease that will shorten my Period of medication/ treatment? Please can you tell me the names of that medicins? Thanks a lot.
Hi, I have almost always had regular periods for that last 16 years, but for the past 3 months its become highly irregular with delays of 15 days or more. I am getting married in a couple of months and have considerable traveling due to my work. Should I be too worried about the irregularities?
If my girlfriend have its regular periods on 24 july till 26 or 27 then can I perform sex wid her on 28 29 30.
I am 24 years old. Had a sex intercourse on Dec 9 and got my periods as usual on 21st and lasted for 5 days. But the next month jan, got my periods earlier but only little amount by Jan 11. But in feb, didn't get my periods yet. Is there any pblm? Pls let me know.
What may be the reasons for irregular periods and does the consumption of birth contraceptive pills leads to further pregnancy complications?
Sir, what is trichotillomania? Can someone be out of it by meditation and exercise. I have to make my project on this disorder, therefore I need your help too.
When you’re trying to conceive a baby, waiting for your next period can be a test of patience. If your menstrual cycle varies from month to month or if you haven’t been keeping track of your cycle dates you may not even be sure of when your period is to begin. However, a missed period is not the only sign of pregnancy. Here are ten others signs to watch out for.
- Sensitive nipples: As your hormone levels increase so does the blood supply to the breasts and nipples. This can make you feel extra sensitivity in the form of a tingling sensation around the nipples.
- Nausea: Morning sickness affects most pregnant women but some women are spared this experience. Morning sickness can start as early as four weeks into the pregnancy and is marked by feelings of queasiness and an urge to vomit. Despite its name, morning sickness can affect a woman at any time of the day.
- Frequent urination: A combination of surging hormones and a higher volume of blood in the body can make your kidneys work extra hard. From the 6th week of pregnancy onwards, women find themselves urinating more frequently. This may also be accompanied by a burning sensation.
- Food cravings: Cravings for ice cream, pickles etc. is often joked about when it comes to pregnancy, but this can be one of the first signs of pregnancy. After conceiving a baby, a woman is likely to go off certain flavours even though they may be things she liked otherwise. You may also notice a metallic taste in your mouth and change in your sensitivity to the smell of things as well.
- Tiredness: As the body gears up to nurture a growing foetus, mothers find themselves abnormally tired. Pregnancy hormones also add to this feeling along with making you upset and emotional. This fatigue is often highest in the first and third trimester.
- Darker nipples: Pregnancy hormones can also cause changes in the appearance of your skin. One of the first noticeable changes is darkening of the nipples. Your nipples may also become more erect and the bumps around them may become more pronounced.
- Spotting: It is easy to mistake light bleeding for a period, but if you are pregnant this is known as implantation bleeding. The reason for this spotting is not known but it occurs as the fertilised egg settles into the uterus. This spotting may also be accompanied by mild cramps.
- Bloating: Pregnancy hormones can make you feel bloated especially in the abdominal area. This feeling is similar to the feeling some women have just before their menstrual cycle begins.
- Mood swings: Pregnancy hormones affect neurotransmitters in the brain. For some women, this can cause heightened emotions while for others it can lead to depression and anxiety.
- High basal body temperature: Basal temperature refers to your lowest body temperature and is usually taken as soon as you wake up. If your basal temperature has been higher than normal for more than two weeks consecutively, it may be a sign that you are pregnant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.