Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mamatha ChandrashekarYour feedback matters!
Hi. Does Estradiol valerate interfere with ovulation. I'm trying to conceive with clomid, metformin. And ev 2 mg from 5th day once in day. Is this dosage correct r not?
Hi I am 28 years old. I just want to know that is running and walking exercise affect our period? Because before my period continues 3-4 days, recently I started exercises and felt that my period decreased to 2 days. Please suggest something.
No period for 3 months. Can I take meprate 10 mg for 5 days. Will it bring my period back to normal. As I was on yasmin before it for 2 years on and off.
My wife is pregnant but I think delivery should be normal but doctor is telling cessarin as the scan report shows the spine is on the left side of mother so please suggest me I have the reports with me if you want I can mail you please help me out.
My periods has been stopped since 3 days. I am having lower abdominal pain and backache. Am I pregnant?
Hi I would like to enjoy with my partner on next week 6-8th june, her date period is 20th june. Please let me know what is the best way to avoid pregnancy. I like sex without condom is preferable.
I have painful blister near right side of my vagina. It happened after my periods. My skin is also swollen at affected area. Please advise, how it can heal. Regards,
Dear Mam, I am housewife women. My husband is ni ARMY. He is mostly out of town due to his duty. We are newly married couple. We make physical relationship when he come. Mam my husband like oral sex like belowjob etc. He give me same. I want to know Is that safe for both of us. As during this time I am getting discharge. Can any infection harm for us from doing this.
Hi! I'm at my 10 weeks 3 days of my pregnancy. Is that good to do exercises now? If yes, then what type of exercises are safe?
I had sex on 4th jan 2017 and the condom got turned. So the semen was released in my vagina. After that within 2 hours on the same day I had taken emergency contraceptive pill. But till today I have not encountered any spotting or bleeding. Which I generally get after taking an emergency contraceptive pill. What to do?
Hi Doctor I am 23 years old and I am pregnant. Its 8th month running of my pregnancy and I worried about that some time I feels much pain at the chest and lower part of belly. Is it serious thing or I have to take any precaution. Kindly advice.
Gist of rujuta divekar's talk today organised by borivali medical brotherhood:
1. Throw out your weighing scale cause it is not a reflection of how healthy you are.
2. Bmi is not an accurate representation as each of us is different. Instead two new terms have come into play- tofi and foti (thin outside and fat inside and vice versa) means you are unhealthy even if you look thin on the outside.
3. New research is showing that cholesterol is not directly the cause of heart disease.
4. Eat 4-5tsps of ghee everyday. It is good for the gut bacteria and will actually help in reducing abdomen fat.
5. Bring back rice on your plate. Not brown not white but handpounded. Eat rice at night too if you have grown up eating it. Leave the quinoa to the south americans
6. Stop looking at food as carbs, protein &amp; fat. Instead look at it from farmer, trader, consumer point of view. So eat what takes the least time to come to you - eat local!
7. All fruit is the same. All have fructose- again eat local grown seasonal fruit.
8. Bananas are good for you.
9. Eat before you drink alcohol - eat early, drink early.
10. Weight loss industry has somehow managed to get everyone to believe that what tastes yuck is healthy and good for you. Don't equate healthy with yucky tasting food.
11. Keep moving. For every half hour you sit, move at least 3mins.
12.150mins of exercise a week is mandatory.
14. Weight bearing exercise is what one should be doing to keep bones strong and for stronger muscles.
15. Oil your hair once a week, rub ghee on your feet and drink plenty of water to alleviate bloating.
16. Salt is not bad for you. Don't go salt free. Use rock salt.
17. Sugar is also not bad for you provided you eat it the right way. Indian sweets are better than your pastries and brownies etc.
18. Work on strengthening your legs.
19. Don't believe that drinking green tea will make you lose weight. A myth that google and weight loss industry has promoted just because chinese are thin.
20. Red meat is absolutely fine as long as you watch the quantity.
21. Latest research is linking wine to breast cancer
22. Eat so much that when you get up from the table, you should feel light.
23. Don't count calories
25. Make lifestyle changes and don't follow fad diets which rob your body of essential vitamins and minerals)
Hi, She has Lots of weakness, headache, back ache, she is also suffering from Irregular periods (Dely ). She is not interested of sex. Please suggest me something for that. She is only 23 years old. Married last month.
Hello doctor I am 30 years age woman. Now am in 3rd month pregnancy. If I do fingering in sex is it any harmful in my pregnancy. Two times I did two days back but not in same day. Yesterday I got waist pain. Automatically it has gone. Now I getting a small cramp in my abdominal stomach very less pain. Is it any symptom to danger. Please clear me doctor. Thank you.
Pregnancy and childbirth are matters of great importance in a woman’s life. A woman needs to be taken care of and made the centre of attention during this phase. The set of rules that are prescribed in Ayurveda are very important for pregnant women. They give you detailed information about the Vichara (thought process), Vihara (lifestyle) and Ahara (diet) which are recommended to be followed at various stages during the pregnancy period. The general guidelines that are recommended to be followed during pregnancy are:
- Maintain a healthy, mild, easy to digest diet
- Keep your food timings regular
- Keep your mental health constant and keep yourself happy
- Avoid foods that are spicy or contain too much oil
- Do not engage in sexual intercourse, intense work out regimen during pregnancy
- Try to avoid negative feelings and general feelings of discontent
- Do not cover your abdomen with heavy blankets
- While wearing your clothes, do not tie tight knots over your abdomen
- Do not change sides during your sleep without getting up
- Avoid sleeping on your back and sleep on your sides
In Ayurveda, the guidelines to a healthy pregnancy are given in accordance to months.
- First month: A mixture of natural supplements such as khajoor, draksha, vijari and manooka are taken with milk. This mixture is consumed through most of the time. In the first twelve days of pregnancy, drink a mixture of ‘Salaparni’ herb with milk. This mixture should be made in a vessel of precious metal (silver or gold). Also, avoid getting massages during this time and delay that until your fifth month.
- Second month: The mixture of the natural supplements with milk is continued.
- Thrid month: Drink the above supplements with milk, honey and ghee.
- Fourth month: The same mixture is consumed with milk and honey,but the ghee should be replaced with butter.
- Fifth month: The supplements are continued and along with it, gentle oil massage is started. Take bath with lukewarm water every day and continue this regimen until delivery.
- Sixth month: The fifth month regime is continued
- Seveth month: An itchy and burning sensation on the breast and stomach may be felt during this time as the foetus grows in size. It is recommended to eat in small quantities, have sweet things with ghee or oil to make it easy to digest. Salt intake should be kept at a minimum. Avoid drinking water right after a meal.
- Eighth month: Rice is made into a paste and is consumed with milk and ghee.
- Ninth month: The eighth month diet should be followed along with oil massages. Massage oil on your belly and genital areas. Hygiene should be maintained to avoid infections. Lubricate your vagina with a cotton ball dipped in oil to provide a smooth passage when the baby is born. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
New path to blood sugar control
Most dm drugs make pancrea to increase insulin other act on liver other act on body cell
To date, two of these new drugs have been approved by the u. S. Food and drug administration for treating type 2 diabetes. The first, canagliflozin (invokana®), was cleared last march; the second, dapagliflozin (farxiga®), was approved just this week.
Both drugs are so-called sglt2 inhibitors that act by blocking the kidneys’ reabsorption of sugar, or glucose. The result is that more glucose is released in the urine and the patient’s blood glucose level goes down — a major goal of diabetes treatment.
Most other available drugs for diabetes work by targeting the liver, pancreas or gut to improve insulin sensitivity, reduce insulin resistance or stimulate insulin secretion. In contrast, sglt2 inhibitors work completely independent of insulin.
The two new medications, which are taken by mouth in pill form, are approved for use as stand-alone drug therapy, in addition to changes in diet and increased exercise, or in combination with other drugs for diabetes. Their approvals were based on multiple clinical studies — nine for canagliflozin and 16 for dapagliflozin — showing that they effectively lowered hemoglobin a1c, a measure of average blood sugar level over the previous three months.
A surprise effect on the waistline
An added benefit is that sglt2 inhibitors are associated with modest weight loss. For instance, patients shed from 2.8 percent to 5.7 percent of body weight in clinical studies of canagliflozin.
“The weight loss is an appealing side effect of sglt2 inhibitors, especially in the growing population of obese individuals with type 2 diabetes,” says cleveland clinic endocrinologist mary vouyiouklis, md. “aside from metformin, which occasionally results in modest weight loss, other oral drugs used to treat type 2 diabetes are weight-neutral or can cause weight gain.”
Safety profile: keeping an eye on heart effects
Another potential benefit is also a potential adverse effect: the fact that sglt2 inhibitors have a mild diuretic effect (i. E, tend to increase urination). This results in lowering of blood pressure, which can be good for some patients who have high blood pressure but can also cause lightheadedness, dizziness or even fainting in other individuals. Dr. Vouyiouklis says caution is needed before these drugs are started in any patients at particular risk of the latter effects, such as the elderly or patients taking diuretics or multiple drugs for blood pressure.
The drugs’ other most common side effects in clinical trials — genital yeast infections and urinary tract infections — are also related to the fact that they act via the kidneys. Both drugs posed a low risk of hypoglycemia, the dangerously low blood sugar episodes associated with some diabetes therapies.
However, the new drugs were found to modestly increase levels of ldl (“bad”) cholesterol, which could be a concern because patients with diabetes are already at increased risk of heart disease. The potential for increased rates of heart attack, stroke and other cardiac events is being specifically monitored in large ongoing studies of both canagliflozin and dapagliflozin, but full results are not expected for several years.
Ongoing bladder safety scrutiny with dapagliflozin
Additionally, patients taking dapagliflozin in clinical trials showed a small increase in bladder cancer diagnoses compared with control patients. In fact, dapagliflozin was rejected for approval by the fda two years ago because of concerns over bladder cancer and liver toxicity.
The agency’s concerns about these risks were eased by additional data from dapagliflozin’s manufacturer this time around, but the drug’s approval included a requirement that it be studied for bladder cancer risk in patients in ongoing trials as well as in new animal studies looking specifically at effects on the bladder.
Canagliflozin does not appear to be associated with bladder cancer or liver toxicity, the fda concluded.
More agents in the pipeline
Several other sglt2 inhibitors may soon be available as well. One of them, empagliflozin, is in late-stage studies, and the fda is expected to decide on its approval by the end of march.
Who should get these drugs, and when?
Dr. Vouyiouklis says obese patients with type 2 diabetes and normal kidney function stand to benefit most from sglt2 inhibitors. In general, these drugs seem to be best tolerated by patients with normal kidney function and less well tolerated by those with moderate kidney disease (they should not be used by patients with severe kidney disease). They are not approved for use by pregnant women, patients under 18 or individuals with type 1 diabetes.
“Although sglt2 inhibitors are approved for use as single drug therapy, metformin remains my choice for first-line oral therapy,” says Dr. Vouyiouklis. “Because sglt2 inhibitors are relatively new and their long-term effects are not yet known, I prefer to reserve them for use as add-on therapy. I believe they will be a useful addition, especially in obese patients who are seeking to lose weight.”
Hyperhidrosis can be generalised or localised. Hands, feet, armpits and groins are the most active areas.
Aluminium hydrochloride is used in regular antiperspirant in much higher concentration in solution or gel forms.
Drugs called anticholinergics are sometimes used.
Injection of botulinum toxin type a can be used for neural control of sweat glands,
Sweat glands removal or destruction is one option available for excessive under arm perspiration.
Affected people are aware of their condition and try to modify their life style to accommodate their handicap. This can be disabling in professional, academic and social life.
It affects both genders equally.