Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Malthesh. H.G.Your feedback matters!
My sister has a problem called sacroiliitis. She had undergone a pain procedure by a neurosurgeon. The pain has gone, it's been 20 days the procedure has done she is experiencing tiredness above the left hip and also along the entire left limb. This tiredness subsides after sometimes but again comes after few days. She is on bed rest these days but also do some walk thrice a day of about 25 minutes. please help.
I suffering with pain in my left shoulder after getting sock for electricity last week. But the pain was not going I apply some pain refler creams but donot having any relief. What can I do?
My mother is suffering from knee arthritis for last 9 years and parkinson disease for 4 years we just do Hyalone injection treatment in knee a month ago but it is not effective. Kindly suggest some other treatment method for knee or can we go for knee replacement surgery. Keeping in mind parkinson disease What are effect of parkinson on knee replacement surgery pls guide. She is 61 year old.
I am a male 31 years old. I am having backache for the last 8 years. When I did X-Ray of my backbone/spinal cord, Doctor told me that there is less gap in between the bones. So it will be there for life time. Kindly advice me ways to recover from Lower Back Pain which is hampering my daily life.
My age 26 years. I am a girl. Last few months I am suffering from severe low back pain. and can I know the symptoms of kidney stone. and is low back is also a symptom of kidney damage.
Sir, I am suffering from joint pain last two years Local Dr. Said it is rheumatoid arthritis two knee joints and all finger joints also pain Pls kindly give best medicine. Thank you.
I am having severe stress in my thighs and calf from last 5 years and pain in back. Done all test mir/ dexa /blood test but no negative report. Having problem in holding things and feel low grip. My weight is 63 kg and I do reular walk and play games.
I have diabetes since last 15 years and it is largely controlled but time and again it goes beyond the regulated limits. I am experiencing pain in my feet and maybe because of neuropathy, and there is also a sense of numbness. Lately is is seen that the third toe on my right leg has curved downward. Can you suggest treatment for the above and who should be consulted. Thanks/regards
Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a type of arthritis that affects the spine. This chronic disease is caused due to inflammation of the joints in the spine and usually affects young men. It causes the vertebrae to grow or fuse together, causing a rigid spine. Actually, it affects the discs in between the vertebral column. These discs get swollen, causing a limitation of spine motility. It is an autoimmune disorder and its symptoms are lower back pain and stiffness, which usually moves to the legs.
- The deformity due to AS can be mild or severe. In extreme cases, the patient gets a stooped spine.
- Early diagnosis can prevent significant deformity as well as help in controlling the pain and stiffness.
- Allopathy doesn’t really know the real reasons for this disease and here is where Ayurveda scores.
- According to Ayurveda, AS is caused due to aggravated vata or wind, which causes an imbalance in vata dosha.
Ayurvedic treatment starts with detoxification and elimination of toxins. It relies heavily on the right diet and lifestyle as well as Ayurvedic herbal preparations. The panchakarma techniques called kati vasti, sarvangadhara and patrapinda svedana are very beneficial too. The basic explanation for the disorder is that AS occurs due to an accumulation of ama or toxins in the body. Where ever ama deposits in the body, pain is caused. Ayurvedic treatments aim at digesting the ama by using herbs as medicine and balancing the aggravated vata.
- Herbs used in the treatment of AS are dry ginger (saunth), guggul, turmeric, fenugreek, ashwagandha and giloy. Gugul, curcumin, amlaki, haritaki, and ashwagandha are all very effective in treating AS.
- Avoid getting constipated and ensure proper evacuation of bowels.
- Include ghee in your diet for lubrication and for lowering the vata dosha.
- Apply heat on the affected areas to control the pain and stiffness.
- Eat light foods and strictly avoid oily foods and curd which increase ama.
- Avoid sleeping during the daytime.
- Yoga asanas like pawana muktasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, paschimottanasana and vakrasana should be practised regularly.
- The practice of pranayamas such as and shodhana, chandrabhedi sheethali and bhramari also helps.
- Chewing 2–3 raw garlic buds on an empty stomach in the morning with water helps in alleviating lumbar pain in AS.
- Use a powdered preparation of dried ginger root, celery seeds and cumin seeds in equal quantities with rock salt for taste, and have one teaspoon of this mixture with warm water at bedtime to reduce flatulence as well as lumbar stiffness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.