Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MallikasYour feedback matters!
Dear dr, Im having cavity in 1 teeth and getting pus from that teeth .in tat teeth a bulge will form If I poke tat pus will come. After tat it will be normal. After 1 or 2 weeks again tat bulge will form. Im planning to remove tat teeth. Is tat pus is because of cavity or it may leads to any problem. At tat time there will be head ache and jaw pain. Will tat pus spreads to other parts like face brain etc. Pls advice.
I am 65 years old and my teeth have become very very sensitive to hot and cold waters. Very often it starts paining after taking hot.
I have very bad breath. My teeth are yellow always. How can I get rid of that. please suggest me how get my teeth white. Plzzzzzzz help me.
Sir, I have done a composite filling in my tooth but after 8 months there is alot of pain either I eat hot or cold eatables. Degree of pain such that even when I suck air. And it goes on to the tooth pain happen.
Hi doctor my name is ali and my age is 22 years old I am suffering from bad breath from my mouth I showed to dentist but he suggested me to meet to stomach doctor because of stomach problems you are facing bad breath.please suggest me some remedies to overcome from my bad breath I feel very shameful when I speak to my office team please help.
9 month going I had break my teeth due to cheek bite after consult by doctor but the problem is sometime upper teeth pain sometime cheek swelling &pain sometime fine I do not know what should I do please help I have checked all dentist if this is other deaseas please help.
I am 40 years male and blood comes out from my upper teeth (not lower jaw teeth) when I brush. What do you think? Is it because of structure of my teeth and are they can be fixed using braces at this age?
Sir, my rootcanal complete before 6 month but in this is small hole, now in want cap on teeth pls guide me this is correct or not & how may rs spend in this process?
I have nail pice between my teeth from 1 month. N I show to doctor but thay are saying there is nothing but m feeling that. What should I do now?
Wisdom teeth are known to be the final molars to grow out and they complete the set of permanent teeth. They generally start to erupt during the late teens or in the beginning of twenties.
In case of some people, there is a possibility that the wisdom teeth may never erupt, while others may even grow four and more wisdom teeth.
It’s not necessary for you to get your wisdom teeth removed if they are correctly positioned in your mouth and do not cause any pain or dental problems. If they are impacted and/or cause crowding in your teeth, a dentist will recommend that you have them removed. There are two ways wisdom teeth may grow.
- Some will grow in like regular teeth.
- Some will become impacted.
What if they have grown in and don’t hurt?
If this is the case, the decision is up to you. Wisdom teeth that cause minimal crowding and don’t hurt are fine to keep, but a lot of dentists will recommend that they be removed. Why? They are very susceptible to cavities and are not easily cleansable. If your wisdom teeth have cavities and you cannot clean them due to their location, filling the cavities is unwise because you’ll continue to develop more cavities. The easiest way to avoid this problem is to remove the wisdom teeth altogether.
Some reasons that a dentist would recommend wisdom teeth removal include:
- Irritation of the surrounding tissue or the signs of a cavity forming.
- Inability to achieve a proper and thorough routine cleaning of food and bacteria.
- Inadequate space to accommodate full eruption.
- Signs of impaction that could lead to damage of surrounding roots.
- Uncomfortable contact with other teeth or gums.
- Interference of normal jaw function.
When do wisdom teeth need extraction?
Proper oral care of the teeth will keep them healthy and clean. But there may arise a situation, in which the removal of the wisdom teeth is quite necessary:
- In certain cases, the wisdom tooth may erupt at a weird angle, compromising the teeth next to it. This may make it difficult to clean the teeth thoroughly, thus resulting in the onset of bacterial growth and periodontal disease. In this case, the wisdom teeth should be removed as soon as possible.
- While the wisdom teeth grows out, it may happen that there is not enough space for it to grow properly. As a result the adjacent teeth may face pressure due to crowded teeth, leading to headaches, toothaches and jaw pain. It is best that the wisdom teeth is extracted in this situation.
- An impacted wisdom tooth, that is, if it has only partially grown out of the tissue, should also be extracted before it can cause serious complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.