Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Treatment Procedures
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mallikarjuna. M. NYour feedback matters!
Can I apply something to get complexion lighter. Also too much fat has been accumulated in my upper arm.
What is lipoma and is there any treatment for lipoma. Does it cause cancer or any other diseases is it dangerous.
Hi. This is Abdul as my mother want to remove black marks on her face. And mother details given below.
Hie. I have been tackling acne since I was a teen an now I am 22 yrs old but still I find it difficult to get over it. My skin type is sensitive and initially I consulted a local doctor she prescribed me few ointments n soap. I felt they hardly work on my skin then I use natural things lyk turmeric powder etc they are quite soothing n provide instant relief but I wanna get rid of it permanently. Few months back I have gone through acne treatment at kaya skin clinic 8 (sittings) n exactly after it it I felt good n from past few months and also before treatment, I am facing red small pimples around my check area I just want to get rid of it permanently. Usually when I get out in the sun my skin gets worst even after wearing a sunscreen lotion n even if I use any cosmetic products for many hours contiguously my checks go red n some times it also causes irritation. And I am quite bad about food timings. Suggest me some good cream, or any product or any good remedy so that I can get rid of this redness. Other parts of my face are normal except the check area. I even get rashes n pimples under my arm pits n private area. Please do suggest me some good remedy or what all precaution I should take n let me know what's the root cause of all this. Thank you.
When I eat pickle or curd in night so next day my lips get swollen or have itching on my wrist my wrist gets swollen or gets red.
Enlarged pores can make a face look really unappealing and sweaty. But the good news is that there are a lot of methods available to tackle them. From making the pores smaller to completely eliminating them, here is a list of some fantastic remedies.
Some homemade remedies:
- Baking soda mixture: Baking soda not only helps to reduce pores, it also helps in fighting acne. This can be used every night for the first week and 3-4 times a week thereafter.
- A mixture of lemon and pineapple juice: A cloth drenched in lemon and pineapple juice when applied on enlarged pores, can help them shrink over a period of time. Ensure that you rinse your face with water after a minute.
- Wash your face: Washing your face twice a day is necessary as i stop pores from getting enlarged. Bacteria, oil and dirt enlarge the pores a great deal. Washing the face at least twice a day will reduce the pores.
- Ice-cube treatment: Ice cubes can be applied on the face daily for 5-20 seconds. They not only reduce pores, but tighten the skin as well.
- Yogurt mask: Since yogurt contains probiotics and lactic acid, it is a great weapon for fighting acne and enlarged pores. The yogurt mask shouldn’t be used more than once a week though.
- Healthy diet: Eating fresh fruits and vegetables is a prerequisite for getting rid of enlarged pores. It is also necessary to consume lots of vitamin A, B and C on a daily basis. Consuming a lot of water and staying away from caffeine also goes a long way in fighting pores.
- Sandalwood powder mix: Sandalwood paste made with water is a great remedy for enlarged pores. The paste should be applied and kept that way for 10-20 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
- Papaya and banana peels: Papaya and banana contain papain and bromelain enzymes respectively. Rubbing their peels on the face can greatly help in getting rid of pores and blemishes.
Visit a dermatologist
Most dermatologists prescribe topical medicines, which have to be applied on skin or pills for consumption. Depending on the level of pore enlargement, a doctor decides the medicines. Mild antibiotics are often prescribed for patients with enlarged pores blemishes.
Dermabrasion: This is a method where a doctor scrapes the upper layer of the epidermis with a wire brush to get rid of pores and blemishes. This procedure comes handy if the face is affected by scars.
Dermaplaning: This method is similar to dermabrasion. The only difference being that in the case of dermaplaning, instead of the whole upper layer, only the affected part of the skin is removed.
A cortisone injection: This is considered to be the last resort for pores and blemishes. The swelling from the blemish immediately reduces as soon as the injection is pushed.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.