Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Mallikarjuna. M. NYour feedback matters!
I am male with 19years my face is oily. I want become white so please help any one providing a best medicines & creams please (mention particular product name)
Discharge from your nipple without any squeezing or touching of the breast may make any women wonder. Other than breast milk, any kind of nipple discharge can be a warning sign of breast cancer.
When a tumor starts in the milk ducts just under or around the nipple, it may cause irritation and infection, leading to discharge.
If you notice any nipple discharge, particularly clear or bloody, get it checked by your doctor. Such discharge can also be due to an infection or other condition that needs treatment
Garlic can be used for more than simple flavouring your food. Garlic has a number of health benefits and is used to treat conditions like high blood pressure, cholesterol, heart disease and even acne. The large amount of allicin and sulphur compounds in garlic give it anti fungal and anti aging properties. This promotes healthy skin and lustrous hair.
Let's take a look at how garlic can treat common skin problems.
- Acne: The anti fungal properties of garlic can help remove stubborn pimples. Garlic can be used in a number of ways to treat acne. The easiest is to press a piece of freshly cut raw garlic onto the affected area. Let is release some of its juices onto the skin. Wash off after 5 minutes to see a visible reduction in inflammation.
- Acne scars: Along with treating acne, garlic can also be used to reduce acne scars by enhancing blood circulation that helps regenerate new skin cells. The sulphur, zinc, calcium and vitamin E in garlic also help in the removal of dead skin cells and smooth skin tissue formation.
- Blackhead removal: A paste of crushed garlic, tea tree oil, honey, oatmeal and lime juice can be used as an ex-foliating pack to remove blackheads and whiteheads. Use this mask thrice a week to get the best results.
- Anti aging: Antioxidants in garlic reduce the amount of free radicals in the skin to keep it looking youthful. Sulphur also helps the body produce collagen to maintain the firmness of skin and avoid wrinkles. Garlic is also rich in poly phenols that protect the skin from environmental damage. A garlic and tomato mask can also help unclog skin and minimize pores.
- Stretch marks: Allicin and sulphur present in garlic increase the elasticity of the skin and thus prevent stretch marks from occurring. If you already have stretch marks, a warm garlic oil massage can help reduce the stretch marks.
As with any other form of treatment, garlic should be used carefully. Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Dilute garlic juice with rose water or water to prevent burning and stinging.
- Do not leave garlic for too long on the skin as it can cause blisters.
- Fresh garlic has more anti oxidants than preserved garlic.
- Garlic also has blood thinning properties and hence should be avoided by pregnant women. Learn more about Healthy Pregnancy.
- Do a patch test before applying garlic on your face to test your skin for sensitivity towards garlic.
While the sun is necessary for our skin and overall health, excessive exposure often results in many skin problems. Age spots, which are actually sunspots, blemishes, pigmentation and sunburns are just a few of the sun related damages that your skin may have to face.
Sunscreen is your best friend outdoors
Sunscreen should be worn at all times whenever you go outdoors. Also if you plan to be outdoors for too long, then reapply sunscreen from time to time as you may need to replenish the protection for your skin. A sunscreen with a SPF count of 30 or above is usually preferred; however, this should completely be determined by the type of skin.
What type of damage can sun do to your skin?
Visible sun related damage to your skin could be any or all of the following:
- Skin which is patchy
- Dark spots
- Uneven skin tone
- Age spots
These are primarily manifestations of deep rooted sun related damage caused by one of the following:
- Superficial pigmentation: This is a pigmentation problem, which is mostly caused close to the uppermost layer of your skin i.e. the epidermis. This usually ends showing up as age spots and freckles.
- Deep hyper-pigmentation: As opposed to superficial pigmentation, deeper pigmentation problems occur when age related damage is the cause and there has been prolonged sun exposure. This requires more detailed treatment and thus topical products such as peels may not be as effective as the damage has been at a deeper layer of the skin.
- Brown patches or melasma: Often called the mask of pregnancy as it commonly afflicts expectant women, it may occur in other cases due to hormonal problems as well. It appears as darker patches on your skin within the bridge of the nose, cheeks and forehead. Sun damage aggravates this problem multi fold and thus can make a slight or small problem much worse.
Treatments against sun damage
As mentioned earlier, the best way to reverse sun damage is to use the correct SPF for your skin. A single SPF rating isn’t correct for everyone and it is best to consult a dermatologist to determine what rating would be correct for you. However, some of the other modern treatments you can rely on to reverse and prevent sun damage could be:
- Peels that give instant clarity by reducing pigmentation
- Reducing complexes such as certain liquid applicants that lessen topical pigmentation
- Skin rejuvenating Lasers that provide instant clarity with Laser action
- PRP or platelet rich plasma that is derived from the cells of your own body and then used as a serum to be injected into the skin to heighten its self- healing powers.
I am 22 year old girl, my problem is when I go to bed in winter season my skin starts itching below neck and up to knee. While in other season it's okay. Can you suggest me something this is very irritating for me.
I have black lines below my eyes. Especially during summer they become dark. How to get rid of them?
The skin of my hands and foot is very dry and getting darker day by day. Also, I have got very loose skin on hands & legs. My hands looks like the hands of an old lady and I am hesitant to bear sleeveless tops. Please help.
Hi my lips break a lot. It may sound simple but lower lip breaks almost daily. It becomes this awkward red colour and becomes sensitive and hurts. I use lip balms daily on a regular basis but no use. Please suggest.
My face is extremely tanned. Please tell me some effective home remedies to remove sun tan from my face.
Who does not want to turn back the ageing clock to look younger always.
Serums are meant to do the same. Can you expect a serum to make you really look younger than you are? First, understand the difference between anti-ageing creams and serums!
The key to differentiating between anti-ageing creams and serums is looking at how they work. In essence, both offer the same benefits. An anti-ageing cream or serum treats acne, wrinkles, sunspots and other common signs of ageing. However, while creams hydrate and nourishes the skin, serums work their way past the epidermis and thus penetrate deeper layers.
Some facts about anti-aging serums are:
- Anti-ageing serums can be used at any age but can also produce side effects.
- Some anti-ageing serums claim that women should start using them from when they turn 20, to maintain the glow of their skin. However, before you start using an anti-ageing serum, you must know what you're putting on your skin. Retinol that stimulates collagen production in the latter years can not only be ineffective but can also act as an irritant for the skin. Overusing a serum can also make your skin dry.
- Each serum affects different people in a different way.
- Skin care efficacy differs from person to person. While for some people exfoliating twice a week can make your skin brighter, others need a little more care. Don't look at the price to determine the effectiveness of the serum on your skin but take a look at the ingredients. If you're looking to reverse the damage of the past years on your skin, look for antioxidant-based serums.
- The same anti-ageing serum doesn't work for all ages.
As mentioned above, anti-ageing serums can be used by women of all ages. Since each anti-ageing serum addresses a different symptom of ageing, the type of serum you should use depends on the symptom of ageing you want to address. Thus, while you might want to use an anti-ageing serum that prevents wrinkles right now, later on, you may want to use one that removes sunspots.
To sum it up, an anti-ageing serum can't make your skin actually younger, but the right anti-ageing serum can make it happen.