Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Mallika RaghavendraYour feedback matters!
Dear sr mujhe nind nhi aati hai koi bhi bat bhul jta hun turant aur hamesha sex me dhyan laga rahata hai hamesha kuchh na kuchh khyal aate rahate hai meri umr 23 sal hai.
I am a 25 years old female. I have a bad memory. Initially, I was only bad with names of people. I used to forget them easily. If I needed to remember the names, either I had to write the name down or keep on revising. But now I find myself forgetting words from my subject matters. I am not able to remember the meaning of a word I do not usually use. I know forgetting can be quit normal but this is something more than usual. Should I be concerned? Is this some problem?
I am 26 years old married girl. Don't want to live with husband family any more because of my mother in law attitude every time I think of her and I feel low and stressed. She always interfere in our marital life and a super dominating lady so suggest me my motivation is low and I am different person after marriage and I am not liking myself. Please advise.
I am feeling neglected by them who are not my blood related, and with whom I thought I am very close too. Cant ignore or avoid them as I cant afford to. Please. Help.
When your body is broken, you have no problem in seeking doctors help but when your mind is broken, why are you hesitant? Your mind is no holier than your body.
Always seek doctor's help but never destroy your precious life.
I am 28. Female. I have habit of over thinking. Appetite very low. No energy or passion for anything. Always feeling depressed. Sleep a lot. Still feel exhausted. I think I am like this from childhood.
Since past 4 months I've lost control over my anger and the level of anger is quite abnormal and it appears that I need some psychiatric help to control it. Please recommend some practices which can help me be better.
I alwayd remain sad without any reason.That effects my health so worestly.Can u plz give any suggestion regarding this?
How to increase the brain smart and how to increase the stamina level in your body ok please give me the ans.
1) Multitasking: Multitasking is a myth. Everything that you want to do needs your extended focus to bring it to completion. While we might feel we can do many things and achieve a lot within a stipulated time, what we don't realize is that we lose time switching between tasks particularly when the tasks are new or complex. It takes a while to go back to where you left something off. Try avoiding it.
2) Getting bored: You tend to get easily distracted when you are on a dull task. It is difficult to focus if you are not interested in what you are doing.When you are bored, everything else is more appealing. There are two ways to beat it. One, you can bribe yourself into reaching a certain milestone by keeping a reward at the end of it. Two - schedule breaks. It will ensure that you will be refreshed.
3) Living in the past or future: We cannot focus on the present if we keep revisiting what somebody did in the past or do not stop worrying about an event that hasn't even occurred yet. These mental distractions cannot be pinned but take a lot of our bandwidth. They don't let us concentrate. Best way is to make conscious effort at dismissing such thoughts. Training yourself to meditate is also a way out.
4) Gadget addiction: You guessed it right. The biggest distraction of our times is your mobile phone, with all the apps and the blessed 'social media' which was conceived to distract. The urge to respond to that text, post, tweet or email never lets you stay focused. You can beat the electronic interruptions by being strict with yourself. Discipline yourself to check the updates every couple of hours or so.
5) Tiredness: Long hours of work or lack of sleep impairs attention and ability to focus. You start dragging yourself through the day without accomplishing much. Getting at least seven hours of sleep will go a long way toward improving your focus during the day.
Have any further questions? Click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media"
I am 25 years male. From last 6 months I have some continuous fear in my mind. I can't focus on my job. Regularly I am doing some mistakes in my work. I am frustrated. What should I do?
My mother aged 60 years had already stroked earlier. After a year and so again she is having the same symptoms like sweating one side of body, pain on one side. She also under treatment from a neurologist but less improvement. Please suggest.
Hello. Last 20 days was worst days of my life all time. I faced too much anxiety, depression,guilt and many panic attacks and feeling suicidal. Whatever after that I got my hiv negative status. Test done after 7 months of exposure. But still I have some mental illness Like feeling fearful and nightmares. I'm very healthy with athletic body. But don't know I'm feeling weakness in my legs when I'm depressed since 15 days. But when I'm in peace I feel no weakness in my legs. This thing is happening with me since 20 days. I don't know what is wrong with me. My body is alive but I'm not living life Please suggest me how can I get my life back. Please respond ASAP THANKS.
I always have office stress all the time, due to this I can not sleep (max. 3-4 hours sleep). Naturally I always in some sort of tension. I request you to suggest for proper medicine for sound-sleep and tension/stress free life.
A recent study has found that the walking speed and memory of adults without any teeth decline more rapidly than those who still have some or all of their own teeth.
The study, out of university college of London, studied over 3, 100 British adults over the age of 60 from the English longitudinal study of ageing (elsa), and compared memory and walking speed within the demographic. Published in the journal of the American geriatrics society, the research found that study participants with none of their own teeth performed approximately 10% worse in both walking speed and memory tests than participants that had some natural teeth.
The associations between poorer memory and physical function were more obvious in adults 60-74 years of age than in those over 75.
'tooth loss could be used as an early marker of mental and physical decline in older age, particularly among 60-74 year-olds,' said lead author Dr. Georgios tsakos of the UCL department of epidemiology and public health in a recent college news release. 'regardless of what is behind the link between tooth loss and a decline in function, recognizing excessive tooth loss presents an opportunity for early identification of adults at higher risk of faster mental and physical decline later in their life. There are many factors likely to influence this decline, such as lifestyle and psychosocial factors, which are amenable to change.'
Prior to making conclusions about the associations between tooth loss and memory and physical function decline, researchers adjusted the results for potentially influential factors, such as sociodemographic characteristics, preexisting health problems, socioeconomic status, and education. Despite the adjustments for these factors, people without their own teeth still walked slower than those who still had their teeth.