Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mallesh Naik RYour feedback matters!
I am a 45 year old male and underweight.Could you kindly recommend.A supplement in form of a capsule/tablet/tonic to gain weight? I do a 14/15 shift of work which is rather stressful ,The eating habits tend to go a stray due to this!
I have black heads and pimples on my face I used many cream but the result is none so what should I do.
I observed a black mark at my underarms, which is itchy and is bit pain when itches. What is the reason for it? Can it be cured?
At the time of a surgical procedure, while making an incision a doctor has to take care of a number of factors before making an incision. Considering a number of factors, different types of incisions have come into fore, such as
- Midline Incision: It’s the commonest incision and is done along the linea alba (fibrous structure running through the mid of the abdomen). These are preferred, especially in diagnostic laparotomy as it permits a wide access to the abdomen.
- Pfannenstiel Incision: It is transverse in nature, extending from the umbilicus to the pubic-symphysis. It is generally employed for abdominal hysterectomy of benign nature and caesarean section.
- Chevron Incision: It is an incision under the rib-cage and is done on the abdomen. It starts from beneath the ribs on the right abdomen and extends till the other mid axillary line. Thus, the entire abdominal width is incised for proper reach into the liver. The incision can be up to 2 feet.
- Kustner Incision: It is transverse in nature and extends from the symphysis pubis till the iliac spine (anterior). This type of incision takes time to perform. A Pfannenstiel incision offers more exposure than a Kustner incision.
- Lanz Incision: It is a variation of the more common mcburney-incision (also known as Gridiron’s incision). It is generally used for open appendectomies. There are quite a few variations for this type of an incision.
- Gridiron’s incision: It is done for appendectomies. It is an oblique short incision which is done in the lower right quadrant in the abdomen.
- Kocher’s Incision: It is oblique in nature, extending from the abdominal upper right quadrant and is generally used for performing an open cholecystectomy. Gallbladder, biliary tract and certain liver operations can be suited for a Kocher’s incision. This however is different from the same named incision used for the thyroid gland surgery.
- Cherney Incision: It is transverse in nature. It allows a great range of exposure for the pelvic sidewall. It is less painful than a midline incision. It allows for the greatest pelvic exposure and hence is a widely preferred and practiced incision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
I am a female of 43 years ,from 2 months I am suffering from bronchitis/ cough followed by vomit ,also I am a patient of asthma .consulted various doctors , no effect .please suggest medicines .
I am 34 years old. I'm having pain on both my knee joint making me difficult to stand up after sitting. It happens each time I sit and stand. Please help.
Here are 20 of the best daily health tips I can give you. These quick health tips will be excellent daily health tips for women and men alike, and they’ll help you with your health, fitness, diet, and weight loss.
1. Go Spicy
I love spicy foods, and they’ve proven to be great for health and weight loss. Thanks to the capsaicin and the antioxidants in spicy foods, they’ll increase your internal temperature and boost your circulation. They even release endorphins to make you feel better. There are some great tasting spicy recipes on health ambition like marinated garlic and chili chicken, spicy chicken and cashew stir fry or healthy salmon and chili patties with papaya salsa.
2. Drink tea
Coffee stresses your adrenal glands and it really isn’t all that great for you. Good quality green tea gives you a milder kick, but it lasts a lot longer than coffee - and it’s less irritating for your nervous system. Bonus: it speeds up your metabolism and burns fat.
3. Use menthol
Muscles feeling sore, or your head giving you problems? rub a bit of menthol cream (such as tiger balm or vicks vaporub) into your achy parts, and you’ll feel so much better!
4. Add ginger liberally
This is one of my favourite ingredients, and it makes for one of the best daily health tips too! strong ginger tea kills sore throats, eliminates congestion, and it will give you the kick you need to wake up when you’re tired.
5. Change your sneaks
That old pair of shoes is probably worn out, and you’d be amazed by how great you’ll feel when you get a new pair of shoes. The added cushioning will be wonderful for your feet, and you’ll have lots more energy when you walk or run.
6. Do puzzles
I love puzzles, and they help to keep my mind sharp. I do my puzzles as a break in my work day, and it helps to relax me while keeping both my hands and brain occupied. Why are they so great? doing puzzles and other mental-oriented activities will stave off alzheimer’s and keep you sharp for years to come.
7. Sniff an apple
I have actually tried this one, and it works! if you’re hungry, get a healthy apple and hold it up to your nose. Take a dozen or so deep breaths, and get back to work. Your hunger pangs will be gone!
8. Chew gum
Sugarless gum is a major part of my day, as it helps me to focus on what I’m doing. It’s low in sugar and calories, and it keeps my mind zeroed in on my writing. As a bonus, it keeps me from getting hungry too!
9. Drop a yolk
Want a quick snack to carry you over until lunch time? cook up one full free range egg and one egg white, saving the other yolk for cooking or baking. The egg/egg white combo will give you fewer than 100 calories, but it will be a tasty treat to keep you from being hungry.
Bored while watching TV? sit on your living room floor and do some stretches. You’ll find that working your body will help your mind focus on what you’re doing, and occupying your mind will help you to stretch without cringing at the pain of trying to do the splits or a back-bend.
Yoga balls rock my world, and you should have one at work or at home. Just sit while you play a game or watch tv, and bounce. It’s tons of fun, and not bad exercise either.
12. Run to workout
I make sure my gym and karate studio are just far enough away that I can run or cycle to class. It gives me a great workout before my real workout, and it’s a few hundred extra calories burned.
13. Drink probiotics
I’ve added yakult drinks to my breakfast, and they make digestion much easier for me first thing in the morning. I’ve had fewer stomach problems since i’ve started drinking the tasty drinks.
14. Add lavender
Need to relax after a stressful day at work? sit in the bath, and add a few drops of lavender essential oil into the water. The scent will relax you, and you’ll feel so much better once you come out – ready for a good long nap.
15. Power nap
Just 20 minutes a day is all you need, and it’s one of my best daily health tips. Take a power nap and in 20 minutes you’ll be totally perked up and ready to get back to work.
16. Slice avocado
Avocados have many health benefits and adding them to your meals will help you get a lot more vitamin e and healthy fats.
17. Set a water goal
You know you need to drink more water, so make it a goal to drink a bit more each day. Drink a cup or two every hour on the hour, or have a water bottle at your desk that you empty out whenever you remember it. Starting the day with a big glass of water and fresh lemon juice is particularly energizing.
18. Drink cranberry juice
Cranberries are loaded with vitamin c, which will flush out your body and boost your immune system. Make sure the juice is unsweetened, and enjoy that tangy goodness as it gives you the health kick you need.
19. Have a mint
Stomach causing you problems after a heavy meal? have a peppermint to help soothe your stomach, or drink a glass of mint tea. You can say goodbye to acid reflux or indigestion.
20. Get out
Spend more time in the sun, at least 30 minutes a day. Your body needs more vitamin d, and it gets it from the uv rays of the sun. Don’t wear sunblock, but just spend enough time in the sun to get a small amount of color without full-on burning.