Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Malavi ShayanYour feedback matters!
Gm sir, I was shown 1 Doctor, he diagnosed as mild varicocele for that no need to treat, in scanning also done, but my left testis is laying down, till now I'm afraid wat can I do. Pkz suggest.
What is the best weight grainer tablet/capsule are best for me My weight 49 kg Height 5.3" Age 26 yr.
I have pain behind my knee portion. My knee does not pain. I am not able to run fast or do a sprint. Whenever I stand I have a severe pain in my back side of knee portion. What could be the reason behind this. Please help. Thank You.
Hello maidam mujhe kuch din se likoriya bahut ho rha h.pahle patla hota tha lekin 3 din se mota ho rha h bahut dwa kiye pr thik nhi ho rha h.kuch solution btaiye. Thank you.
How can I reduce my weight to 60 kg is this is normal weight for me or not tell me a suggestion for my health I am aged 28 years old.
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a common disease of the endocrine system among women who have attained the reproductive age. Women with this condition generally have ovaries larger in size than the usual, containing small pockets of fluids, also termed follicles. These 'follicles' develop in each of the ovaries as diagnosed with the help of an ultrasound exam. Abnormal or extended menstrual cycles, unusual growth of hair and obesity are some of the common accompanying conditions associated with PCOS. This disorder can interfere with a woman's menstrual cycles, thus making pregnancy difficult. More so, this condition can also impact the way you look and if left untreated for long, can lead to underlying disorders such as diabetes and other cardio vascular diseases.
Causes of PCOS:
- Excessive Insulin secretion: Insulin is a hormone secreted by the pancreas, which allows the body cells to utilize the sugar; the most important energy store of your body. If you suffer from insulin resistance, your body's ability to utilize the insulin gets affected adversely. This forces the pancreas to secrete more insulin in order to keep up with the body's energy supply. This excess insulin might result in an increase in the production of androgen, which in turn, might interfere with the ovulation ability of the ovaries.
- Low- level inflammation: Inflammation is the process by which your body's white blood cells fight infections. Studies reveal that women suffering from PCOS have a low level inflammation which acts as a catalyst in the production of androgens.
- Can be hereditary: If you have someone in your family suffering from this syndrome, you might automatically be at a higher risk of developing this disorder.
Symptoms accompanying PCOS:
- Abnormal menstrual is the most commonly observed symptom. Women suffering from PCOS may have less than nine periods in an entire year and in some cases, even none.
- Excess secretion of male hormone, which is related to excess androgen production may result in symptoms, such as abnormal body and facial hair, acne and baldness, which is identical to that in men.
- Unexplained increase in weight and difficulty losing it as well.
- Another fairly noticeable symptom is depression.