Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Malathi RameshYour feedback matters!
Hi sir Deepak Sharma here from Bangalore, my friend (Female) is getting burning pain while urine and she is getting urine continuously for more than two hours together. Please advise me what to do?
I am 35 year and I am surfing from TIA from last 3 months and all reports will be normal .Time four five days my right hand , right leg and tung not working properly.
Thank you for the answer of my question regarding taking BGR34 Medicine for diabetes. I haven't started any medicine till now for diabetes as this is newfound problem in me and doctor told to control it with exercise and prevention. My question now is if I start BGR34, would it be necessary to take it lifelong. If I later want to discontinue, would I be able to do it? Should I consult anyone before starting it?
I am 28 years old .my weight is 48 kg. I am getting nightfall problem from 5 years ago now I feel weakness day by day my health condition going decrease so at this moment what can I do suggest me plz.
I am suffering from fever and head ache during night time fever also 99 or 100 like is there last one week I am suffering like this what is the remedies please.
I an suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain, and I have cold. Sir can you suggest me. Please.
I'm 26 years old male, and I have migraine problem since last 8 years, could you please suggest the solution to get rid of this?
I have endometrial cyst size 3.5 in left ovary. For me egg is releasing from right ovary. Wanted to know whether this cyst will be a problem for me in getting pregnant? Is there any way to cure endometrial naturally? I have got a reply like before pregnancy treatment this endometrial cyst needs to be removed with laparoscopy. I want to know what is the need for laparoscopy? We have eggs releasing from one ovary, then in what way this endometrial cyst is going to be a problem?
Hey Dr. M sex problem se pareshan hu. Mera sigharpatan ho jata hai. M Jada se Jada only six minute tak hi sex Karta hu ki Mera sigharpatan ho jata hai. M is problem ko Kase reduce Karu. Please tell me.
I have fungus allergy for 3 yrs. Doctor gave kz cream. Kz cream is effective but once I stop applying that creams that infection came back what should I do now.
The tonsils are soft tissue masses which are located at the back of your throat, usually at the pharynx. The tonsils are masses which are part of the lymphatic system that helps fight infections. However, tonsils can themselves become inflamed and cause a lot of pain. Tonsillectomy is a procedure to remove the tonsils and relieve pain.
Why is tonsillectomy performed?
A few decades back, tonsillectomy was a routine surgery performed to relieve any pain within the tonsils. This method of treatment however has changed over the past few decades as pain medications for inflammation have improved vastly. However, tonsillitis is still performed in many cases wherein it tends to cause acute problems. Some of the cases it is applicable in are:
- Chronic bad breath problems caused by recurrent inflammation of the tonsils
- Recurrent sore throats caused by tonsillitis
- It is also done along with dental surgery for correcting teeth with imperfect positioning
- Abscess formation in the mouth
- Upper airway being obstructed due to inflammation, thus causing difficulty with sleeping, snoring, or causing sleep apnea (irregular breathing during sleep)
- Ear infections being regularly caused by inflammation of the tonsils
Other reasons why it may be recommended
Tonsillectomy may be also be recommended when there are no indications of problems but tonsillitis and other infections keep cropping up too regularly. This affects children and can make them sick or keep them in pain regularly. Some of these other indications are mentioned below:
- Tonsil infections and inflammations happening too frequently within a year
- Tonsillitis is caused by bacterial infection wherein the antibiotics aren’t effective
- Formation of pus in the form of an abscess within or around the tonsils which keep forming even after repeated drainage or administering antibiotics
Possible complications and risks
Like any other form of surgery, tonsillectomy has certain risks associated with it as well. However, these are very rare. Some of these risks and complications are mentioned as follows –
- Swelling of the mouth: The tongue and the soft palate or the roof of the mouth may swell, resulting in breathing difficulties an few hours after the surgery.
- Infection: As is the case with any surgery, infections may occur in rare cases, which may require further treatment.
- Adverse reactions to anesthetics: Many patients exhibit an adverse reaction to anesthetics and may develop symptoms such as a headache, nausea, muscle soreness and frequent vomiting.
- Bleeding during surgery or healing: Although it is rare, bleeding during and after surgery has been reported after all sorts of procedures and it may occur with tonsillectomy as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.