Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MalathiYour feedback matters!
My child having cavities in teeth of upper middle in two teeth. Kindly suggest any treatment. His age is 4 year and 6 month.
I have lost my upper incisors and I want to fix the ceramic teeth .so which is the best ceramic teeth and it is of how much cost?
I have pain in my teeth. It stop when I take medicine but again start after 15 or 16 days. It is happening about 4 month ago. Doctors said it is wisdom case ans I have to out this teeth from my mouth. There is no moreoptiontion. What should I do. It hearts a lot.
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.