Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Mala SYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years male I have problem of high pulse rate from about a month ago I have done ecg and the report is normal and anytime I check my blood pressure it is also normal and I have a problem of anxiety due to my intestine irritation pls let me know what should I do.
Patient is my wife. She is suffering from Paranoid schizophrenia Since 1992. Recently She was admitted in a Hospital for 3 weeks. At the time of her discharge Dr. Advice the medication in the morning before food Pan D, then after food 500 mg Sodium Valporate at night one tab. Atrova for cholesterol, one tab 500 mg. Sodium Valporate, one tab 10 mg oleanz. Next appointment after one week. Now she is sleeping most of the time. She doesn't want to eat. Doctor advice few blood test at the time of her discharge from hospital. Which I will do that just before her next meet. One week she was on Olienz10 after that all combined medicine. Treatment started 3rd of December 2016. please Help me how to over come from this kind of situation. Regards.
I had face maxillary surgery 6 month ago. But thing is I cannot stand properly because of weakness. I had been given around 60 antibiotics. Is this because of antibiotics?
Experiencing occasional anxiety is a normal part of life. However, people with anxiety disorders frequently have intense, excessive and persistent worry and fear about everyday situations. Often, anxiety disorders involve repeated episodes of sudden feelings of intense anxiety and fear or terror that reach a peak within minutes (panic attacks).
These feelings of anxiety and panic interfere with daily activities, are difficult to control, are out of proportion to the actual danger and can last a long time. Symptoms may start during childhood or the teen years and continue into adulthood.
Examples of anxiety disorders include social anxiety disorder (social phobia), specific phobias and separation anxiety disorder. A person can have more than one anxiety disorder.
Sometimes anxiety results from a medical condition that needs treatment.
Acupuncture Treatment for Anxiety:
The realities of treating anxiety are that different people require different treatments, even when suffering from the same type of anxiety. That's because different people have different personalities, different needs, and of course, different symptoms. That's why to get a personalized treatment and depending on root cause Acupuncture will give long lasting results,
Hi. Im 22 years old n my height is 5.11 I hav a problem that I can not eat more than twice in a day. I hv appetite problem I think. I do smoke 8 to 10 cigarettes daily. Is that the reason for my appetite is becoming weak? Answer plz.
Severe mental disorders that affect the mind and cause abnormal thinking are referred to as psychotic disorders. These disorders make it hard for a person to communicate with others, make good judgements, understand the difference between reality and imagination and behave appropriately. There are many different types of psychotic disorders. Some of the more common psychotic disorders are:
This is the most common psychotic disorder. People suffering from this disease suffer from delusions and hallucinations that last for longer than 6 months at a time. There are three types of symptoms associated with this disease:
- Psychotic symptoms that affect the person’s thinking such as hallucinations, trouble organizing thoughts and ideas, delusions and strange movements
- Negative symptoms that make the person seem depressed and do not allow him or her to function normally and show emotions.
- Cognitive symptoms that affect how the person thinks.
- Schizophrenia cannot be cured, but can be treated and managed with a combination of medication and psychotherapy.
Brief Psychotic Disorder
People who suddenly show psychotic symptoms that last for a maximum of a month and then resolve themselves are said to be suffering from a Brief Psychotic Disorder. Some of its symptoms are:
- Chaotic thinking
- Inappropriate behaviour and dressing
- Senseless babbling
- Memory loss
- Change in eating and sleeping habits
- Weight loss
Treatment for this condition may involve hospitalisation if the symptoms are severe or if the person is a threat to himself or herself. Usually medication, psychotherapy or a combination of the two are used to treat this condition. In extremely rare cases, this condition may recur.
This disorder refers to a condition where the person has a delusion or false belief involving a real life situation such as being followed, deceived, poisoned, sick etc. In order to be diagnosed as delusional, the person must show no other symptoms of schizophrenia. These delusions should also not be the result of any type of medication or intoxicant. Treatment for this disorder is challenging and needs to be tailored to the patient’s needs. In most cases, medication and cognitive therapy are used to improve the patient’s quality of life and social functioning.
Shared psychotic disorder
Sometimes, if one person in a long term relationship suffers from a psychotic disorder, his or her partner may also start believing in the same hallucinations or delusions. In most cases, apart from this, they show no other symptoms of psychotic disorders. This condition is rare and usually treated with psychotherapy.
Bipolar disorder, which is also known as maniac depression, which and is related to extream and unusal mood shifts, frequent changes in brain activity level along with energy. It is commonly of 4 types, namely Bipolar I disorder, Bipolar II disporder, Cyclothymic disorder and other unspecified disorders. People suffering from bipolar disorder often suffer from 'mood episodes', which is further of two types one is manic episode and depressive episode. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
When I give presentation I start stammering, there is any medicine to stop stammering. Please suggest me.
My age 35 smoke since 18 years want to quit it. I already take nicotex but it not work I take 10 to 15 stick daily can you have any suggestions to quit smoke ASAP.
1. My problem is I sometimes feel that something told by a person has already been told by someone else and it feels very real. Because of which I start to doubt myself. What should I do? 2. Is it I have any delusional problem, what should I do. My memory is becoming bad day by day.
He is just 10 months old n is having a vomiting tendency while eating, cerelac, even he has not grown teeth, kindly prescribe any medicine that he could be fed without any anxiety. Thanking you.
Stress can take a toll on your health in more ways than one and your sexual health is greatly and adversely impacted by stress. Stress can take a toll on the emotional relationship you share with your partner and also your own physical health, thus resulting in a hampered sex life.
Stress and Our Libido:
By now, we know that hormones affect our bodies in numerous ways from childhood to adolescence, pregnancy, menopause and beyond. Cortisol is one of the hormones produced by stress, and you might have heard of it if you’ve ever seen those late night diet pill commercials with the image of the pixelated woman gaining weight in her abdomen. Our bodies need this hormone, but in small doses for short bursts of time. If elevated levels of Cortisol are being produced for a prolonged period of time, they suppress our sex hormones. Lower quantity of sex hormones equals lower libido.
Impact of Stress on Sex-
- Stress takes a toll on libido.
- Low levels of libido imply lesser secretion of sex hormones, thus, affecting your sex life.
- Stress can interfere with your fertility, ovulation and sperm count.
- Stress can cause a shift in the hormones. In women, the change in hormones manifests in the form of an irregular ovulatory cycle.
- Loss of intimacy.
- Being under stress constantly can lead to anger, emotional outbursts, depression and loss of intimacy with your partner; thus affecting your sexual relations.
- Stress also affects your body image negatively, thus leading to unpleasant and bad sex.
How to rejuvenate your sex life?
Ayurvedic medicines help to overcome the stress related conditions without any side effects. Some herbs proved to be helpful in relieving stress & increasing libido like Ashwagandha,
safed musali, Shatavari, Manaskalp capsule, Ozaup capsule. These are beneficial in all stress-related sexual problems. Other tips are:
- Communicate your feelings: Many-a-times, communicating and sharing your feelings, desires and anxiety with your partner might be all that you need to rejuvenate your sex life.
- Regular exercise and proper sleep: 20-30 minutes of body work out or a session of yoga everyday helps you to de-stress. A proper eight-hour sleep cycle will also go a long way in de-stressing you.
- Supplements to boost your libido and energy: Taking multivitamins, minerals, zinc and other supplements helps to boost your energy levels and libido, thus allowing you to enjoy your sex life to the fullest.
- Set the mood correctly: Set the right mood before your intimate sessions; with some soothing music, aromatic fragrance and dim lights. This can and will enhance your sex life by promoting relaxation, happiness and overall emotional well being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
The best way to overcome panic attacks is to educate yourself and train your mind to respond to the panic in acceptable and calming ways. In order to get over panic attacks, you will require responses that are different from what you normally do. If you keep trying the same means, you cannot expect different results. If you are willing to be relieved from anxiety, you shall have to try different methods.
You may try the following steps to help yourself cope with panic attacks:
- Acknowledge and accept: This is the first step to progress. You should face the reality instead of ignoring it or pretending that everything is alright. You must acknowledge that you are afraid even when there is no danger. In order to overcome panic attacks, you should learn to work with it instead of working against it.
- Wait and watch: By ‘wait’ it means that you should try to be in that position for some time. It’s true that you may feel insane with your fears and panics, but you should slowly count to 10 when you feel you are going crazy. Your fears would try to snatch away your ability to think or rationalize, and by waiting and watching what happens next, you could get a little span of time for regaining those innate abilities.
- Do something: Once you have already passed through the two initial steps of managing panic disorder, your next task is meant to comfort yourself. You could do this with some breathing exercises, by talking to yourself and by getting involved with what’s happening around you at the present. It will slowly make you feel comfortable by relaxing those parts of the body that get much tensed.
- Repeat if required: Now you have already started to feel better, but another wave of panic may attack you all of a sudden. You may feel that your coping strategies didn’t work. At such a point, you could simply follow all the steps from the top to feel better all over again and there’s nothing wrong in going through several cycles.
- End it: In this final step, you should remind yourself that your panic disorder would end and that all panic disorders end. Your only job is to make yourself feel better and cope with the challenges that you feel during the attack. Gradually, you will feel that those undesired feelings are going away, making you feel relieved.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir Good morning My son 6 years old suffering tongue tied problem he can take long & slowly. With out operation can problem is solved.
A vitamin is an organic compound, which is required by the human body in appropriate amounts to ensure the proper and healthy functioning of the various body parts. These vitamins help you in being healthy and maintaining an optimum level of brain activity. The deficiency of the same can cause you to have various health issues and illnesses.
B Vitamins are of various subtypes, and they are collectively known as B-Complex Vitamins. These vitamins are medically proven to relieve stress and boost up your energy levels. They also fight depression, restrict brain ageing and help you to live a longer life. Here's how B vitamins help in keeping your brain healthy.
- Prevent mental decline: The three vitamin B types that help to avoid a mental decline are: B6, B12, and B9 (Folic Acid). Additionally, these 3 vitamins also prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Act as dopamine boosters: Dopamine is a neurotransmitter inside the brain that that boosts productivity, motivation and focus among human beings. This helps to ensure your mental well-being keep you mentally happy. B vitamins enhance your brain health by facilitating an increase in dopamine levels.
- Lets you avoid mental disorders: The lack of Vitamin B12 leads to certain mental disorders like- dementia, brain atrophy, brain shrinkage, depression, and schizophrenia. You can avoid this condition by taking Vitamin B12 supplements.
- Sharpen memory: In case you have a short term memory or face other memory problems, various forms of B vitamins supplements will help you to regain the optimal state of mind. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.