Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Maiya G.L
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Maiya G.LYour feedback matters!
I am a 30 year old female. Even though I have a clear skin I keep getting big painful acne on the forehead most of the time? I was prescribed salisylic and glycolic peels which I take 8 to 10 sessions every year. But its of no help. Acne goes till the time peel sessions are going on but then it comes back. Also I was prescribed sotret which I took initially but stopped ever since I starting planning for conception. I am currently using medicated sunscreen and fash face wash. Also all my face products are from forest essentials. Please suggest me a permanent solution as it looks very awkward, I have got open pores also around my cheek area? kindly suggest a permanent solution.
My face having black heads. Now days white also coming. My forehead having 3 line in black colour and some marks also there. My nose two sides having two black line with black heads. Why it is happening like this? now what is the solution.
Hie, I am 21 years old oily skin, black heads, dul skin, tone skin and my brother wedding is there on 18 so I'm very upset so please suggests me some medicine or treatment to remove all this.
I have a big ball like structure on by right breast with black color I am 16 years old buy. What it could be. Thank you.
Summer often brings in a host of problems the scorching heat can sometimes burn and tan your skin. The humidity can cause you to sweat, making your skin accumulate grime, dirt and increase your chances of getting skin infections. Avoiding the sun by staying indoors or using an umbrella is a good option, but not always a practical possibility. According to Ayurveda, summer is the season when the sun is strong and increases heat in the body, which is one of the main causative factors of skin problems. So you not only need to beat the outside heat, but find a way to keep your body cool from the inside heat too. Some of the common problems in summer include sunburn, redness, irritation, rashes and acne outbreaks. Here are some ways Ayurveda can help:
Start by knowing your skin type in ayurveda:
- Vata skin: This is characterized by dry, thin, delicate skin that is cool to touch and easily gets dehydrated. It can be flaky and has a tendency to age faster.
- Pita skin: This is characterized by skin that is fair, sensitive, soft and warm. It is prone to freckles and moles and can break into rashes, acne or sunspots when out of balance.
- Kapha skin: It tends to have all the qualities of water and earth, it can be oily, thick, pale, soft, cool and more tolerant of the sun. On the flip side, people with kapha skin may have dull complexion, excessive oil, pimples and suffer from water retention.
- Combination types: Can include Vata-Pitta (both dry and sensitive) Kapha-Pitta (oily and sensitive) and Vata-Kapha (dry with some oily zones).
- Go for aloe vera sun screen: If you can't avoid the sun, then the next best thing to do is protect yourself. According to ayurveda, increased exposure to hot, sharp and penetrating rays of the sun causes Pitta Dosha and prolonged exposure also leads to increase in Vata, which causes drying of skin. To prevent this, buy a good quality aloe vera sunscreen.
- Try herbal tea for hydration: During summer, it goes without saying that you need to stay hydrated throughout the day with a good 8 glasses of water. But other than that, you can up your intake of warm liquids like herbal tea made of ginger and lemon which will keep you digestion healthy and skin glowing. A number of flavored herbal teas are available in the market too. From peach to hibiscus, each flavor offers a good set of benefits.
- Try herbal deep oil massage: Time to take your skin's hydration to the next level. An oil massage is the best remedy for dry skin. Apricot oil applied 2-3 times a week at night can make your skin smooth and supple. Turn on the "heat" by asking your partner to give you a full oil massage which can improve blood circulation, lymph drainage and your romantic life for sure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.