Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh T
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh TYour feedback matters!
Hi My seven years daughter she has suffer itching at summer period. Kindly advice us what do for this .
My father is 83 years, he had a viral fever 2 weeks ago. Fever is no more but he feels the joint pain in fingers, shoulders and slight pain in the knees. Pls advice medicine or home remedy if any.
I am 31 years old male. My problem is erection problem when I do sex. I have a high bp problem also. Why my penis is not erected when I do sex. Kindly guide us.
Hello sir, His stomach will pain regularly. After every 1.2 month. While eating junk food. What should he do?
The worst part about being diagnosed with chicken pox is that even after the virus leaves your body, your skin is still marked with scars from the blisters. Like any other scar, in most cases these scars fade with time but this process can be quite slow. Scars, especially those on your face can also affect your self confidence and image. Luckily, there are a number of ways to deal with scars and fasten the fading process.
Here are a few tips to help reduce scars caused by chickenpox:
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E not only helps hydrate the skin, but is rich in anti-oxidants that promote the production of collagen and protect the skin from free radicals and other impurities. Vitamin E can be found in foods such as almonds, spinach and papaya. They can also be consumed in form a capsule or used in form of oil. Including vitamin E rich foods in your diet or massaging the scars with vitamin E oil can work wonders in getting rid of scars.
- Coconut water: Coconut water is not only delicious, but also rich in nutrients essential for the skin and lauric acid and cytokines. This helps regulate cell growth in the skin and balances the pH levels. It also has anti bacterial and anti fungal properties that prevent breakouts. Along with drinking coconut water, you could also apply it directly on the affected areas to help speed the recovery process.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice is one of the richest sources of vitamin C. This aids in collagen production and keeps the skin elastic and strong. It is also rich in alpha hydroxyl acids that help heal damaged skin. Lemon juice also has bleaching properties that help scars fade. Lemon juice can be diluted with water or applied directly on the skin.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is known for its anti oxidant and anti microbial properties. This can protect the skin from bacterial infection and help soothe and heal skin. Its anti inflammatory properties also help relieve itching and redness caused by chickenpox blisters. Aloe vera also boosts collagen production and moisturizes the skin. Aloe vera can be used by applying the gel within its leaves directly on the skin and allowing it to dry. This can be repeated 3 to 4 times a day for best results.
- Baking soda: Scarring in cases of chicken pox is caused by scratching the blisters to relieve irritation and itchiness. Baking soda helps prevent the formation of scars by soothing this irritation and exfoliating the skin. It also helps balance the pH levels of the skin. A paste of baking soda and water can be massaged onto the affected areas to remove dead skin cells and prevent scarring.
All the above mentioned remedies will help you get rid of the scars and give you a beautifully glowing skin.