Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MaheshYour feedback matters!
Sir I have six months baby. She oftenly getting cold and cough. Now also she has same problem. But along with loose motion what medicine can give.
Hi, My baby has cough and cold for last 4 to 5 days. Has been giving him 3 doses of Wikoryl AF daily as 2.5 ml. Do not see much improvement. please suggest. Also, is this the correct dose of Wikoryl?
My baby is suffering from dysentery frequently. Is there any permanent solution to get out of this.?
My baby is 2.5 months old. She is 70% on lactogen from past 1 month & 30% on mother milk. From past 1 month she has severe colic problem. Also she passes the stool after 3 days by use of suppository capsule. Does the lactogen difficult to digest? Can we give Nan pro? It is easy to digest than lactogen? Or Cows milk will be a good option? We have tried colimex & colicaid but no effect on colic problem.
Care of multiple birth babies
Often, multiples are born small and early. They may be initially cared for in a special care nursery called the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).
In the NICU
The NICU combines advanced technology and trained healthcare professionals to provide specialized care for the tiniest patients. NICUs may also have intermediate or continuing care areas for babies who are not as sick but do need specialized nursing care. Some hospitals do not have the personnel or an NICU, and babies must be transferred to another hospital.
In most cases, you can be with your babies in the NICU at any time. The staff of the NICU will give you instructions on special hand-washing techniques before entering the area. In some cases, you may need to wear a mask. Occasionally, during a procedure, or when the hospital staff are making "rounds," parents may be asked to wait for a few minutes before coming into the area. Although most NICUs permit visitation of babies by other family members, limiting visitors is a good idea. Many sick and premature babies are very susceptible to infection. Siblings should be carefully checked for signs of colds or other illness. They should also be helped with hand-washing before visiting their baby brother or sister.
Most parents find that becoming involved with their babies' care gives them a sense of control. It also helps them bond with their babies. This is also important for the babies. It helps the babies feel secure and loved. Once the babies' condition is stable, parents are encouraged to hold and rock them. Staff in the NICU can show you how to care for your babies in many ways. Learning these aspects of care is helpful in preparing you to take your babies home.
Once babies are able to feed, grow, and stay warm, they can usually be discharged. Other babies who are healthy at birth may need only a brief check in a special care nursery.
Breastfeeding multiple birth babies
- Breast milk is the perfect food for your baby. It gives your baby many advantages compared with formula. Your milk contains just the right amount of nutrients. And it is gentle on your baby's developing stomach, intestines, and other body systems. It also has the best nutrients for brain and nervous system development and overall growth and development.
- Getting used to breastfeeding more than one baby will take extra patience and persistence. How soon you and your babies can begin to breastfeed will depend on the maturity of your babies' brains and body systems. A baby's gestational age influences the development of stable body systems and the development of the reflexes needed for oral feedings. A baby's physical condition may also affect when direct breastfeeding can begin.
- Lactation specialists can help mothers of multiples learn techniques for breastfeeding their babies separately and together, and to increase their milk supply. Mothers whose babies are unable to breastfeed because they are sick or premature can pump their breast milk and store the milk for later feedings.
- Families with more than one baby need help from family and friends. The first two months are usually the most difficult as everyone learns to cope with frequent feedings, lack of sleep, and little personal time. Having help for household chores and daily tasks can allow the mother the time she needs to get to know her babies, for feedings, and for rest and recovery from delivery.
Today my son's ASO test done. Result shows ASO positive (1: 16). C Reactive Protein - Positive 1: 8 I want to know the meaning of test result. Is it Amy serious? Son's age is 9.5 year.
The most advanced and effective communication device in this century is mobile phone. Mobile phone is not only being used by the corporate or highly qualified professional. People from all type of social group have mobile phone in their hands now. Usage of the mobile phone is not increased only with all social groups but also with people of all age groups. Children are the more noticeable group as they are using cell phones of all types. A recent research study shows that children are really capable of using any advanced type of mobile phones even without any proper guidance. Though mobile phones are the effective mode of communication, it is a well known fact that it also has adverse side effects if being over used. The mobile phones emit shockwave radioactive radiations that affect the body in various manners.
Adverse effects of mobile phone usage:
Today's children are growing up in a radio-frequency environment that never existed in human history before. The radiation emitted by mobile phones and mobile phone masts can have adverse effects on children. Some include:
- Affects your Immunity Status: cell phones after a full day usage contains many germs on their display which are highly numbered than your toilet seats. These germs are easily transferred to your body as you touch frequently or use close to your face for talking. This increases the risk of exposure to the germs and reduces your immune strength as immune status are not fully developed for children.
- Increase Risk of Chronic Pains: prolonged use of mobile phones for playing games or texting requires continuous movement for your hands which may develop chronic pain in joints of your shoulders and hands.
- Vision Problem: children when concentrate much on playing games in mobile phone they even fail to blink frequently with the increased interest and attraction towards the game. This causes the dryness of the conjunctiva and also increases the ocular tension.
- Affects your emotions negatively and increases the stress level
Mobile Phone Safety For Kids:
As a parent, you must take preventive measures to minimize your child's exposure to the harmful effects of mobile phones. These include:
- Do not give cell phone if your child is under 16 years. A child's brain is too sensitive to withstand the effects of mobile radiation.
- Do not let your child hold a mobile phone directly up to his head. Use an air-tube headset instead.
- Do not let your child make calls in buses, trains, cars, and elevators. The mobile phone works harder to get the signal out through the metal, which increases the power level.
- Do not let your child use cell phone when the signal is weak. It will increase the power to the maximum, as the phone attempts to connect to a new relay antenna.
- Limit the use of cell phone around children.
- Make sure that there is no mobile phone mast or network tower near your home or your kid's school.
- Do not let children take mobile phones to school.
- Do not leave mobile phones in your children's bedroom at night. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.