Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. MaheshYour feedback matters!
Iam suffering from red eye problem. Please kindly suggest some medicine regarding to this problem. Thanks.
Feel like some foreign body inside my eye. Irrigation is there. Shall I use refresh tears by allergen as first aid. please let me know. (carboxy methycelluloose sodium lubricant)
Puffy eyes are not a very welcome sight to see early in the morning. Lack of sleep, hangovers, poor diet, sinus, hormonal changes, stress, crying and even genetics are few reasons why one wakes up with puffy eyes.
Some very easy ways to get rid of them are:
1. Stay hydrated: drink water to stay hydrated and avoid puffy eyes.
2. Watch your diet: avoid or reduce the amount of salt you take in your food. It is a good idea to avoid cold drinks as well as caffeinated drinks.
3. Soothe your eyes: take chilled, thick slices of cucumber and place them on the closed eyelids until they become warm. It will effectively work to reduce puffy eyes.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
I am 20 years old college student. I have a probal that when I study ay night trn water comes from my eyes. Please suggest me some tips.
My uncle is suffering from glaucoma since last 4-5 years. Is there any permanent cure for the disease?
2 month baad mera railway ka medical hone vala hai aur meri eyes 6/6 nahi hai. Mujhe without glasses 6/6 chahiye mujhe kya karna chahiye, kya kya khana chahiye? Please tell me Sir.
I am asking for how to increase breast size ? I seen and read something on YouTube and google. There suggests for massages and breast toner cream they creams are effective or not .and they harmful for women or not. I am working women that why I asking for creams she has busy schedule. So please suggest that good for us.
What are bad effect of mobile screen on human eyes ? I have problem with mobile screen ? What to do now?
I use a Google's and my lens is 2.5 but it is decreases daily by daily so what is the solution by maitness the eye lens.
24, male.i am having headache from 2 week continuously. Eye burning. When I look down .it's pain more.
My eyes ra getting full pain know a days I will do work upon computer 12 hours work then what I want do.
I have been diagnosed with Myasthenia .It started in July 2014 with ocular Myasthenia and my eye lids drooped alternatively. After complete tests ocular Myasthenia was diagnosed. I was given 30 mg Wysolone for three months then in next one year by gradual tapering the dose of Wysolone was tapered to 10 mg/ Alternate day but it was also supplemented with Mycophenolate Moffetil 1000 mg/ day. Things were absolutely ok but in July 2016 this year I started swallowing trouble. Doctor revised my dose of Wysolone to 25 mg/ Alternate day. Moffetil tabs 1000 mg per day are continued but additionally distinon 1/2 tab thrice a day (means one and 1/2 per day). My question is: Do I have a hope of better .preferably ayurvedic or Yoga medication which will have a better cure / maintenance of this dis order? Do I have a hope of living a normal life? My question of this type is with an intension of avoiding side reactions of steroids and / or immunosuppressant. My name is Arun Deshpande, Age 63. Live in Aurangabad, Maharashtra.Retired. Led absolutely very healthy life through out till it started.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.