Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh KoregolYour feedback matters!
My name is Sandhya. I am 36 years old having thyroid and taking 50mg as per doctor's advise. I am putting on weight, my weight is 70 kgs. height 5'. Frequently iam falling sick, tired, urine infection, numbness in hands and legs, forgetfulness, sever back pain etc. so many problems. I am fed up consulting the doctors because only temporary treatment. I am having white patches on my body from last 4 years. Taking treatment for white patches only. Kindly advise me for my physical problems. Thanking you Sandhya
Hello Dr. recently i got married i want baby but many try my wife not get pregnancy what i have to do please advice Thanks
- Doctors have found the use of pain relievers to treat respiratory infections like cold flu may increase the risk of heart attack.
- For the study, researchers analyzed insurance claims from taiwan's national health insurance program from 2005 to 2011 with data from roughly 10, 000 patients who were hospitalized for a heart attack.
- The purpose of the study was to assess whether cardiac risk factors from an acute respiratory infection and the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, pain relievers combine to further increase the risk of heart attack.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome/Diseases:-
Polycystic ovarian diseases (PCOD), is a common endocrine system disorder of women in their reproductive age. In this condition, there is an imbalance of the sex hormones like estrogen and progesterone of a woman. This causes enlarged ovaries that contain tiny collections of fluid (ovarian cysts), referred as follicles which might be settled in each ovary. These cysts are often seen during an ultrasound exam.
Cause of PCOD:-
The exact cause of PCOS is unknown. Hormonal imbalances and genetics play a major role. Production of the hormone androgen in excess may be another contributing factor. Androgen is a male sex hormone that womens bodies also produce. This overproduction can affect the development and release of eggs during ovulation. Excess insulin may cause high androgen levels.
Symptoms of PCOS:-
- Irregular menses (usually delayed)
- Weight gain and difficulty in losing weight
- Acne and Dandruff in scalp
- Abdominal pain
- Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, back
- Thinning of hair
- Infertility and Miscarriage
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
Diagnosis of PCOS:-
There is no definitive test for PCOS. Diagnosis depends on medical history and symptoms of patients. The physical and pelvic examination can help to find out the signs of PCOS.
- Thyroid function tests (TSH).
- Fasting glucose tests to measure blood sugar levels.
- Lipid level tests to assess the amount of cholesterol.
- USG (Ultra Sonography)
Complications of PCOD:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- High cholesterol
- Anxiety and depression
- Endometrial cancer (cancer caused by thickening of the lining of the uterus)
- Heart attack
- Breast cancer
Homeopathic management for PCOD:
Polycystic Ovarian disease (PCOD) can be treated by Homoeopathic medicines. Homoeopathic medicines are very safe and can cure PCOD permanently and without any side effect. The complete cure of PCOD is a time-consuming process and it cannot be expected in a few days. It requires complete observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient and frequent clinical follow-ups.
Arsenicum iodatum 6x: Suited to scrofulous diathesis where the thyroid, axillary, tonsils & mammary glands are swollen, hard, indurated, painful, sensitive and sore to the touch & may be exuding discharge with exfoliation of skin in large scales.
Carbo animalis 3x: Indicated when buboes, axillary & inguinal glands, thyroid gland are indurated & is as hard as a stone that even the surrounding tissues become hardened.
Clematis erecta 3X: Indicated when breast, inguinal glands, spermatic cord are hot, painful, swollen; with scirrhous, rheumatism of the joints or swollen ulcers.
Conium maculatum 4X: Acts on glandular system absorbing stony hard glandular tumors & other growths that can be outlined and felt. Suited to scrofulous affections like adenoma, swollen mammary glands, and goiter; with a marked tendency to induration, extending to cellular tissue, esp. after burns, blow or fall or bad effects of sexual excess.
Galium aparine 6x: Indicated in nodulated tumors, hardened glands, scirrhous formation, esp. of a tongue.
Hydrastis canadensis 2X: Indicated in cachectic dyscrasia esp. of the breast; goiter at puberty and pregnancy; follicular inflammation of pharynx; general ulcers in the throat.
Phytolacca decandra 3X: It has a powerful effect on fibrous tissues, muscles, and scar tissue; indicated in swollen tonsils, mumps, follicular inflammation of the pharynx, chest, and breast, lymph node swelling or soreness, mastitis in breastfeeding mothers with cracks and small ulcers about nipples, sties, stony hard painful goiter.
I have been on contraceptive pill from 21st March after doing my MTP. The foods was out in the ultrasound. However I have missed my one day medicine out of my course of contraceptive, but I have Been regular otherwise. I am now seeing some blood coming out. What could be the reason for it?
Sir me female hoon sir mere nabi se uper sene ke niche ka hissa phoola hua rehta hai aur mera pet chaati se kam se kam 8 inch bahaar hai jis ki wajha se bethne par khichao hota hai aur phir kamar me dard hota hai ye problem 3.5 years se hai please sir koi medicine bataiye thanks.Please tell.
With the fast changing scenario and advancement of research, the definition of ailments are also becoming precise. Earlier, one term 'Impotency' was used in wider sense to define all sexology related problems, such as erectile dysfunction (ED), low libido, low sperm count, infertility, and the inability to produce a child in both males and females. However today, with the advancement of research each problem has its own definition. Impotency is the condition where you suffer from a sexual dysfunction. It can cause stress and might undermine your confidence when you and your partner have a sexual encounter. It might also cause uneasiness between the two of you or embarrassment for having a dysfunction. In men, impotency is mostly in the form of erectile dysfunction whereas in women it is the inability to get pregnant. It may be due to a physical condition or an emotional trauma that you might be facing.
Here are the two broad divisions of the causes of impotency:
- Psychological causes: Depression, anxiety or stress might be the major psychological causes for impotency. Also various mental disorders might take a toll on potency and your sexual libido. A sexual dysfunction might just start very suddenly after suffering from any psychological trauma. A very common psychological problem which men face at least once in their lifetime is a condition called performance anxiety. You become extremely conscious about whether you will be able perform well as the society expects men to take an upper hand while having sex. This burdens you and you get anxious about your performance in bed, causing you to suffer from a dysfunction. In cases of a marital dispute or lack of communication with your partner might also be a reason of an occasional dysfunction.
- Physical causes in women: The physical causes may or may not be curable naturally. Sometimes surgeries are required to cure these causes. Some medicines have certain side effects which can cause a dysfunction to form. Often times not enough blood flows to the reproductive organs which results in impotency. Certain nervous and hormonal disorders also affect your potency. Disorders like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, blocked fallopian tubes, hormonal imbalances causing irregular periods, or improper egg implantation can cause impotency. In these cases it is extremely difficult for the women to become pregnant, i.e., you will not be able to conceive.
- Physical causes in men: Having a low sperm count is the most common factor which results in impotency. Hormonal disorder like hypogonadism which results in a low sperm count is also a contributing factor. If you have a blockage in the testicles, it will again affect the sperm count negatively. Improper ejaculation is another common cause of impotency.
Although impotency may be extremely disheartening, you can be treated for it and have your own family eventually. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am 20 years old. I had PCOD before. And I realized that my both breasts hurts when pressed, even when I sleep facing my stomach on bed. I checked what the problem is by self examining my breast by pressing it. And I realised It has developed thickened tissue. Is it normal?
Can I do sex during periods? and what can be the reason that my parter feel alot of pain during frst intercourse? can you give me right tips about sex.
Dear Doctor, my mother aged 72 years has a problem in her chest. Lab report says " Echogenic breast tissue and small cyst with internal echoes in nipple region "what is this? Please explain me in simple term & what is the ideal treatment for this?
A lot of people are obsessed with the idea of having a soul mate. This is probably because of the countless books and movies that have equated the idea of a soul mate with that of true love. Now, the idea of being with a soul mate is not unappealing at all, because after all, who would not want to be with the perfect partner? The idea of having someone who gets you is totally wonderful. However, it is also important to understand that the concept of a soul mate is very ambiguous and can, in fact, ruin your potential love life. Instead, when you are going out with someone, it is important to enjoy their company and be grateful for what they can offer, rather than scaring them off by constantly trying to impose your expectations of what they should be giving you. Here are some reasons why it is important to put your hunt for that elusive “soul mate” on a permanent halt.
Nobody Is Perfect!!
This is one of those quintessential reasons why you have to stop looking for your soul mate immediately. After all, what is a soul mate? Most people believe that a soul mate is someone who is completely perfect not only for them, but also as a person. However, these are very unrealistic expectations. It is not possible for an individual, whether a boy or a girl, to be completely perfect. If you are hung up on the idea, you might not be able to handle the problems and the shortcomings in your partner, because after all, it will not comply with your idea of how “perfect” your partner is and should be.
You Will Never Be Able To Accept Completely
A relationship consists of two people, where both individuals are equal participants. If one of the partners is in the relationship because they have found something attractive about you, and the other partner is in the relationship because they think you are soul mates, then an immediate imbalance is created. In the process, the latter would never be able to accept the smaller quirks, mistakes, flaws, and habits which do not coincide with their own, because obviously that is not what “soul mates” are supposed to be like, are they? Work on accepting your partner as they are instead of fitting them into the mold that you have created, because you never know, they might become your partner in life.
Expecting too much from a relationship or your partner can lead to heartbreak. So, keep your expectations real!
- People associate the concept of a soul mate with statements like “We share a special connection,” or “We are made for each other,” or even “We love each other unconditionally.” No matter how appealing and fairytale-like it sounds, you also have to make sure that you are firmly grounded in reality. Although thoughts like these can enhance a relationship, it is also important to note that a relationship cannot be solely based on such things. No matter what, there will be some amount of consternation, fighting, and misunderstandings, which will only increase when your idea of a having a perfect soul mate is violated.
- Marriage makes you complete and ends your loneliness: Marriage definitely provides you a companion (for life), but being lonely is something dependent on the person. As they say, be alone, don’t be lonely.
- You will know at first sight if the person is right for you: Not necessarily. The person may have been nicely groomed and dressed when you first met them. However, there is more to that person, and as you get to know them more, you will become aware of your likes and dislikes and other aspects, which are more important in helping you decide if the person is right for you.
- You need to remember every date that was a milestone in your life – the day you met, the day you proposed, the day you agreed, the day you spoke to your parents, the day they agreed…… the list can be very long Get real! All these lead to you two being together. They are good to remember, but do not call for a celebration every single time. Also depends on what you call as a celebration.
- Celebration: Instead of talking about past events, keep small milestones for yourselves and celebrate each event together. Celebration means going for a ball party where all break into a well-rehearsed song and dance. Celebration is being together and talking something meaningful. It could be cooking together or going for a drive or a movie. Important is to spend time together.
- Romance is in the air: Depends on your definition of romance. But, as the routine daily life begins, you realize you need to clean the house, cook food, and buy groceries to ensure it is running smooth. Romance is definitely there, but there are other things too to do.
- Love will help overcome all problems: Love definitely helps tide through problems, but whether it is money or people, you need to work on them.
- Communication: My spouse knows me so well, I don’t have to say a word: 'Totally wrong'. If you want it, say it. It is as simple as that. Telepathy does work, but it is better to talk out than assume. Communication is key to any relationship, especially marriage.
- Marriage is the bed of roses: No Married couples are always happy. Married couples also fight and argue and quarrel. No two people can think the same way. So agree to disagree and respect the differences.
- Possessiveness: Being possessive is a way to show love. After a certain point, being possessive can get a little irksome. Everybody needs their own space, so learn to give and take space and enjoy your own things. It becomes essential.
5 Do's In Marriage
- Accept that a marriage has ups and downs, is not always a jolly happy ride.
- Give time and be patient, marriage takes time and evolves over a period of time.
- Build trust over a period of time.
- Be frank in expressing your opinion, even if not during an argument.
- Give each other space and respect it.
- Talk and plan finances because you need to be planning together.
5 Don'ts In Marriage
- Don’t try to gain the upper hand always - the dictatorship times are over.
- Don’t expect every celebration to be grand; time spent together doing simple things matter.
- Don’t get possessive with your partner.
- Don’t expect to be aware of every activity that he/she is involved in.
- Don’t impose your friends on your partner, unless they also enjoy their company. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.