Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh KoragalYour feedback matters!
I had protected sex on 29th May with no ejaculation. The first HPT was on 14th June which was negative, a day after on the 15th I got my periods which lasted for three days. Two negative tests on 28th June and 1st July. I did not engage in sexual activities after May 29. Today is 19th and although my period is due today I still don't have my periods and a pregnancy test revealed a faint positive line. I had an ultrasound on 4th July which did not show any pregnancy. My question is 1. Was the period implantation bleeding? 2. If I was pregnant, would not the ultrasound have detected it? 3. Why did I have three negative tests on 14th June, 28th June and 1st July respectively and then have a faint positive line today i.e. 19th July? 4. Shouldn't the positive line be darker considering it has been around 49 days since my last ovulation on June?
Epilepsy is a common illness and therefore, we commonly encounter women with epilepsy (WWE), who are either pregnant or contemplating pregnancy. There are a lot of apprehensions and misconceptions regarding managing epilepsy in this group of WWE. Here, I wish to highlight some of the important aspects of managing epilepsy in women who are planning a pregnancy or are currently pregnant.
1. If a woman is seizure-free for at least two years, she can consider withdrawing anti-epileptic drugs (aeds) under the supervision of neurologist, and then plan for pregnancy.
2. If a woman has seizures, it is better to continue aeds during pregnancy, as the risk to the baby is several times higher with seizures, as compared to that with aeds.
3. Sodium valproate has the highest risk to the developing baby, and it should be avoided in pregnancy.
4. Aeds such as levetiracetam, lamotrigine, oxcarbazepine, topiramate, etc are safe and may be continued during pregnancy.
5. The lowest effective dose of aed should be used.
6. Try to use only a single anti-epileptic drug, if possible.
7. Folic acid vitamin supplements should be used in pregnancy.
8. The dose of anti-epileptic medication may have to be increased during the last three months of pregnancy.
9. Ct scan of the brain should be avoided, as far as possible, during pregnancy, as radiation exposure due to it may harm the baby.
10. Mri brain is reasonably safe for baby, especially after the first three months of pregnancy. So, if needed, it may be performed.
Some of the homeopathic remedies for fever are:
- Aconite: This is for fever with restlessness and anxiety. The patient is seen with an increased thirst for cold water and intolerable body aches. Aconite is considered in fevers which have increased post sudden exposure to cold winds.
- Bryonia Alba: This is used in fever with body aches. A person with a fever might want to lie down all the time in order to get relief from the body aches and even the slightest movement might cause them pain. An increased thirst for water is also seen.
- Nux Vomica: This is a holistic cure for fever with shivering. This is made of natural substances and is of great help in cases of shivering and chilliness. A person with this fever might want to remain covered all the time.
- Gelsemium: This natural remedy is very beneficial for fever where the patients suffer from dizziness, weakness and a tendency to faint. This condition is marked by an absence of thirst.
- Rhus Tox: This remedy is considered to be the first choice in people who have fever along with extreme restlessness and body aches. A person experiencing this type of fever might want to remain in motion throughout in order to avoid the restlessness. This remedy is also given for fevers as a result of getting wet in the rain.
- Homeopathic Medicines for Fever with Flu or Influenza type: Influenza is a viral infection and is characterized with sudden fever, cough, pain in eyes, body aches, headaches, and pain in eyes. The homeopathic medicines that are of great help in influenza are Aconite, Gelsemium and Eupatorium Perfoliatum. Aconite is given in influenza when cold air exposure is the cause. This is usually followed by an immediate fever and nasal discharges. Restlessness and anxiety are also seen with fever. Gelsemium is the best cure for a runny nose and sneezing along with pain in head and eyes. The patient might also have drowsiness and weakness. Eupatorium Perfoliatum is of great help in fever with influenza, when the patient has extreme pain. This remedy has no side effects and provides instant relief from pain.
- Homeopathic medicines for fever with malaria: Malaria is characterized by fever accompanied with chills and excessive sweating. The homeopathic medicines for malaria are Gelsemium, Arsenic Album, Nux Vomica and Eupatorium Perfoliatum. The patients who benefit from Gelsemium usually complain of absence of thirst and extreme chilliness. Arsenic Album is of help in people who are easily exhausted and need some water at short intervals. Nux Vomica is for patients who prefer to be covered in warm clothes during heat, cold and sweat.
These are only some of the medicines shared for fever, but is better that one must consult a homeopathic practitioner before popping these medicines, as your doctor will prescribe medicines based on your symptoms, which will vary from person to person.
During ovulation. I.e on 12th day I got a white fluid discharge. I am getting that on 13th day too. Am I pregnant. Or what is this? Pls help me doctors pls am worried.
Hello Dr. My wife is 1.5 month pregnant. Actually I stay on forth floor and there is no lift so is it OK to step up and step down during this period?
My wife is 32 years old, she is about 107 kg weight & height 5'5" Also not consuming pregnancy. She is not doing any exercise also. Consulted many doctors about pregnancy but they are saying about test tube baby, which is so costly. What should I do.
Married since 1.5 years having baby boy of nine months, I would like to know about taking daily tablets for avoiding pregnancy for at least next two years and have heard its not good to take tablets as it's harmful to the body. Please suggest and share any harmless tablets.
My wife is pregnant and now 4 months running. Now pimples are occured in vagina and so much of pain and burning is there. May i know the reason for that and whatis the solution for this.
Hi Me and my Wife are planning for a baby. What are the necessary things I should keep in mind. Kindly guide.
*Avoid excess exposure to the sun
*Drink up to 2 to 3 litres of water
*Don't over-wash your face
*Get adequate sleep
*Eat healthy food, specially vitamin riched vegetables & fruits
*Keep stress away.
Hi I am 24 years recently married missed my periods but preganews test done twice showing negative please guide also what to do if pregnant we are not planning baby for next 3 years.
Avoid keeping mobile phone under pillow in night. It is the night time mobile will be near to brain then day time. One simple tip to avoid radiation waves by mobile phones.
My question is recently I got married about 50 days ago I had daily intercourse with my wife 2-3 times a day. Now she is pregnant but I still having intercourse with her. Now I heard having a intercourse with pregnant women will effect the baby. Is it true or not. Please give me perfect information about it. And also suggest what kind of treatment should be better for her. Thanks.
Hi, Now i am pregnant for 5 months when I get baby moment. What precaution I take to my child healthy? Please advise.
The old age is best defined as the age of retirement that is 60 years and above. Improvements in the health care technology has increased the life expectany. The process of ageing brings about physiological, psychological and immunological changes which influences the nutritional status. The changes associated with ageing are partly influenced by genetics, race and gender.
All the functions of the body start to decline in its work. The reserved nutrients are used up especially the minerals. Calcium is the main mineral that starts depleting as early as the people enters into the age of 40+. This is why the people of old age faces lot of bone related disorders and tooth problems. As a result, arthritis becomes one of the major health issue faced by the geriatrics. This discourages the activeness of people.
To compensate the bone loss and the demoralisation, one should include a high amount of calcium rich diet. The calcium rich foods include milk, millets, yogurt, broccoli, egg, peanut etc. Avoid tea or coffee and so the absorption of calcium is encouraged. Sugars n junk foods should be avoided.
When you enter the later middle age, certain clinical tests should be done to ensure good health. As a dietitian, I personally feel to take up a master health check up atleast once in a year. But if you are highly concerned about your health, its essential to take up certain basic tests which include
Blood sugar both fasting and postprandial
Blood lipid profile
Eeg &amp; ecg
A simple lifestyle modification that includes diet, exercise, habits etc, one can lead a healthier and happier life.