Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MaheshYour feedback matters!
I had fever last night, I often have constipation my digestion is bad I also feel like vomiting please suggest me what should I do n what should I take as a medicine please help me I am worried about my health please do reply ill be waiting for the same thank you so much in advance.
Sir I have been suffering from piles since when I was in 6 month of pregnancy. It was something cured by home remedy. But after the delivery it come out again and increasing in size and pain. I am so heated double the delivery pain and piles. Please give any way what to do?
My sugar level is as below HbA1c 7.4 Average sugar level 166 mg Presently taking medicine: Zita met plus 1 in the morning bf Glinil-M in the night before dinner. Please advise me to bring to the normal level 80- 120 my age 65.
Hi I am diabetic and I am getting problem In personal relationship please give me a advice to me pls.
One of the things that we were always told about in school was the importance of hygiene. Washing our hands properly after eating, brushing our teeth twice a day, wearing clean clothes are just some practices we were taught. Our desire and need to maintain personal hygiene is one of the things that makes us human. Maintaining proper sexual hygiene is also important, as failure to do so can result in infections.
Additionally, poor sexual hygiene can result in you turning off your partner which will create an embarrassing situation for the both of you. Here are some tips that will help you have a healthy and happy sex life:
Dress fresh/ wash daily your undergarments
One of the foremost pieces of advice for member of both sexes is to always wear fresh and clean undergarments. You should always try and avoid wearing undergarments that are drenched in sweat. This can occur particularly after you work out; you just have to change out of your sweaty undies, even if the sweat has dried it can create a breeding ground for bacteria and make your private parts vulnerable to infection.
In addition, sweat can block the skin pores on your private parts, causing folliculitis, which are inflamed and infected hair follicles. Another important thing to keep in mind is that you should always leave a good amount of space for breathing room and ventilation. Men should avoid wearing tight underwear, particularly briefs (v-cut ones). You should switch to briefs or boxer shorts for more comfort. Also cotton is a far better choice than other synthetic materials, since it s comfortable and porous.
Don t hold nature's call
Whenever you feel the urge to relieve yourself, don t hold it in. Urinating helps clean out bacteria in the urinary tract. If you force yourself to delay urination, you allow bacteria growth.
While these are the very basics, here s a rundown on tips that are specific to the two genders in order to achieve better sexual hygiene:
Men s sexual parts are outside the body and thus it is imperative that it is kept clean. While having a bath, you should not ignore washing your penis. If you are uncircumcised, you should gently pull back your foreskin as far as possible without causing any discomfort, till the head of your penis reveals itself. You don t need to rub soap or anything else; instead you should just use lukewarm water to wash it. Only wash the head of the penis and don t even think of washing the urethra and/or urinary tract as you could damage it. Not washing this part will result in a build-up of smegma. Smegma which is white in colour is just dead skin cells and normally harmless. However, sufficient build up can cause irritation and infection.
Women have the added hassle of periods. When you are undergoing your menstrual cycle, change your tampons or sanitary pads every three to six hours, depending on your menstrual flow. Leaving a stale tampon or sanitary pad for a very long time encourages bacteria to grow causing infections and bad odour.
While menstruation cleans your urethra, uterus and vagina, it is important that you clean your vagina every day. The external part of the vagina, the labia needs to be cleaned only once a day. Wash your vagina mildly and gently with soap and warm water. For many women it is easy to over-do this washing; you should not go overboard with washing by vigorous flushing or douching your vagina with scents. This can be very harmful. Douching is known to affect the ph balance of vaginas and makes you prone to infections. Not washing the external part of the vagina would result in formation of smegma (yes, in women too!). When you are drying your private parts, avoid roughly rubbing it dry and instead try patting it dry.
Maintaining good sexual hygiene adds to the whole hygiene of your body. These tips will help you take care of your private parts better and live a healthier life.
I am 52 year male getting 2-3 loose or semi loose motions in morning & even if I go in the evening I get same type of motion. For the last 3-4 months. I have stopped taking milk since then with No relief. So,USG done, which show's that Fatty lever gr 2 (non alcoholic) Gall bladder wall & urinary bladder distended. I am a known patient of Asthma-taking Formonide400 &Asthalin Inhaler for the last many yes. Pl advice.
I can't sleep at night with lights off. Sometimes I feel very hard in breathing at night? please help me out.
A cough is a sign that there is something wrong with the throat. Be it an infection or a sore throat or food stuck in the windpipe, a cough can start. While it may sometimes disappear, sometimes, it may just refuse to go. This not just is bothersome to you to allow to continue work, it also irritates the others in the surrounding and attracts attention. Everybody looks at you annoyed and gives a look which says “why don’t you do something about it?” Well, they mean well, and there are definitely things that can help manage a nagging cough. Find out for yourself!
- Salt water gargling: Mix about a teaspoon of water in a glass of warm water and gargle your mouth for about 1 minute. It helps soothe the throat and reduce the cough. It can also clear the bacteria along the throat, providing relief from the cough. If there is phlegm lodged in the throat, it gets easily expelled too.
- Honey: This viscous liquid coats the inflamed and irritated mucous membranes along the throat and provides instant relief. It is also known for its antibacterial nature and has good enzymes from the bees, which are known for providing instant relief to both children and adults. The sweet taste makes it further appealing. Adding ground black pepper powder to it further improves the effect, as it clears congestion.
- Steam: Cough is often the result of an irritated and inflamed throat mucosa. Inhaling steam is one of the best ways to soothe this mucosa and provide relief. It reduces mucosal inflammation and removes phlegm. Adding a few drops of essential oils like eucalyptus or tea tree oil further improves the effect. These have antibacterial and antiviral properties and so enhance the relief. With boiled water in a vessel, bend over it and cover your head to ensure the steam is inhaled. Be careful to avoid burns, as steam can burn. This can be repeated 4 to 5 times daily until you get sufficient relief.
- Ginger and Mint: Another wonder substance is the ginger. To a cup of warm water, add honey, few slices of ginger, and some dried peppermint. This helps by acting as an expectorant and reduces irritation in the throat, which produces cough.
- Cough drops or lozenges: If you are in a public space and cannot do the above, try cough drops. Sucking on them can soothe the throat and the constant swallowing of saliva helps relieve the irritation in the throat.
- Nasal irrigation: This helps relieve the postnasal congestion and dripping, which often leads to nagging coughs.
These are some simple, effective ways to reduce constant coughing.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!