Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MaheshYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir, I had took PCR DNA test on 53rd day of my sexual exposure and it came back negative. Hence I free from HIV right sir?
Melasma is a condition that causes the skin to bear a patchy appearance with dark and discoloured segments. It is also commonly known as chloasma when it is found in pregnant women. This is a condition that can be found in women more commonly than it is found in men. Let us cast a glance on the symptoms, causes, as well as the ways of identifying and treating this condition.
- Identifying Melasma: There are many symptoms with which one can identify and recognise Melasma. These include brownish coloured patches that may appear on the cheeks, forehead, chin and even the bridge of the nose. These patches will usually be much darker than the actual skin colour of the patient, which makes them stand out even more prominently. One will generally see these symmetrical patches on either sides of the face and other parts of the body that are left exposed to the Sun for prolonged hours, on a regular basis. These symptoms can help you in identifying the condition, in which case you must immediately see a dermatologist who will help in formal diagnosis and immediate treatment.
- Causes: The causes of Melasma are unknown so far. Sensitivity to estrogen and progesterone are also considered as the cause behind the advent of this skin condition, especially during menopause and for women who regularly take birth control and other hormonal pills for any other ailment. Constant exposure to the Sun can also alter the cells that create and control one's pigment also known as melanocytes.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of Melasma is done with the help of a physical examination that will study the area that has been affected. Thereafter, the doctor may perform the wood's lamp examination where a light is held up against the skin so that the doctor can check the depth of the skin that has been affected. A biopsy may be conducted for more severe cases by taking a small portion of skin tissue and examining under the microscope.
- Treatment: Most women report that Melasma disappears on its own. These patches slowly fade after delivery, or once the birth control pills and hormonal therapy stop. One needs to use a good sunscreen at all times of the day. A light makeup helps to camouflage the condition. The dermatologist can also ask you to use certain medicated creams that can help in fading the patches to a great extent. Also, chemical peels and dermabrasion are other mild procedures that can be carried out in such cases, to exfoliate the top layer of the skin. Q switched laser helps to treat the resistant dermal melasma cases. One must remember that these ointments and procedures do not guarantee that the condition will not recur in the future. In several patients, Melasma needs maintenance treatment to prevent recurrence.
My son is 14 yr old. he got fever which remained around 101-102 f . didi blot test for malaria , jaundice, cbc, urine test and stool test etc. all ok except his hemoglobin was 5.4 rbc4.47 hematocrit 22.7 mcv 50.7 mch13.4, hemoglobin concentration 26.5 taken 2 iron injection.. presently taking iron tablet at bed time. what is your advice? why he got such a problem? pls advice..
I'm M21 & having pain on both sides of my chest but more on left side, just below the heart (maybe in lungs). This pain gets harder in night. I'm a smoker but from last a week I reduced my cigarettes from a packet to 1-2 cigarette per day. Please help!
I have constipation problem since 1 months. And I had never experienced constipation before. Whenever I go to bathroom I always feel something more that has to come. I am using triphala at night but it is not giving me best results. Pz. Tell. Any good homeopathic medicine.
Hi I am suffering from hepatitis c. Since Last 20 days. I am eating cashew. Its any effect on health or not. And please tell what is the food for eat. My parents put conditions to eat sny.
I ws embarrassing for many years how to say but now I am not able to bear anymore actually I am masturbating from last 6 years nd now I am of 22 da problem is my penis size has been decreases an inch nd its not erect like as before nd it has curvature nd loose I am facing premature ejaculation, I am very depressed, can it not be like before I promised myself to give up masturbation but please give a solution home made or professional will it be healthy again like before? And yaa is not there any effect to my future married life please give satisfied advice.
Mere head me bahut jyada dard karta rehta h aur bahut he jyada allergies ke problem create hoti rehti h aur chhakar bhi bahut jyada aate h.
Sirrr was happy regarding my penis size everything. Year ago I was masturbation daily after dat my penis size decreased I am very upset n bothered abt my penis. Can satisfy my partner or dattt. Pls suggest me I want my penis size back wat can I do.
The coconut plant is an extremely versatile plant. No part of it goes waste. The whole fruit is used from its succulent flesh to its water everything is utilized. Coconut is in fact filled with various nutrients. It has many health benefits. The coconut is now seen as a superfood.
The reasons behind so many health benefits of coconut have been laid down here:
- Consuming any coconut product leads to a positive effect on weight management. It speeds up metabolism and provides instant energy. Unlike other energy sources, coconut has fewer calories than other fats. In fact, it is most likely to burn up than being stored in the body as fat.
- Coconut has good fats. It contains medium chain fatty acids. Long chain fatty acids are responsible for high cholesterol. But medium chain fatty acids are not. Instead, they help to lower the chances of atherosclerosis and other heart diseases. Also among the coconut's several different properties, it contains lauric acid. Lauric acid is found in human breast milk.
- Carbohydrates are of two types, digestible (soluble) and non-digestible (insoluble). Soluble carbohydrates do not leave the body and get stored as fats. Insoluble carbohydrates do the opposite. Coconuts contain insoluble carbohydrates. As the body cannot digest the fibre, it cannot retain any calories and does not affect blood sugar levels.
- Since coconuts contain insoluble fibres, they do not raise glucose levels. Coconuts, thus have low glycaemic index.
- Sweet cravings are lessened and insulin secretion is improved. Blood sugar has better utilization. Coconut lowers any growth in blood sugar, thus reducing cravings.
- Coconut oil is beneficial to fight tooth decay. It fights the bacteria and the mouth bugs that give rise to dental caries.
- Brain disorders like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's and strokes can be prevented.
- It has no trans-fat
- It is gluten free. Also, the flour made from dried, powdered coconut flesh can even be used in baking!
- It is hypoallergenic
- Boosts immune system
- Coconut contains fatty acids that have antimicrobial properties. They kill bacteria, yeasts, fungi and viruses that cause diseases.
- Protects body from free radicals that lead to premature aging
- It is also good for your hair and skin
Are you suffering from sleeplessness or disturbed and disrupted sleep? According to Ayurvedic principles, proper sleep, along with a proper diet, and a proper utilization of energy is very important for you to maintain good health. There are several practical Ayurvedic health principles, which can help you sleep better, and boost your body immunity. You can opt to follow these Ayurvedic principles for improving your sleep.
- Maintain a disciplined sleep schedule: You must be very disciplined about your sleep. It has been observed that the mind is stable, dull, and slow from 6pm to 10pm, which is a good time for going to sleep Therefore, try to sleep early, which will enable you to get a good sleep throughout the night, and get up fresh early in the morning next day.
- Mindful eating: You should have an early dinner, between 6:30pm to 7pm. As the sun starts setting, your digestive fire cools down. Hence, by eating a light early meal, your digestion will be improved. This positively impacts your sleep quality as well. Avoid watching television, reading books, or having conversations while you eat. You should concentrate solely on the food you eat and enjoy the various textures, aromas, and flavors of it.
- Oil massage: Oil massage therapy is considered to be very important according to Ayurveda. Oil massages on your feet will help in improving your sleep. There are several nerve endings present in your feet, which get nourished by an oil massage. Massaging relieves stress, makes you feel relaxed, improves your blood circulation, and improves your sleep as a result of all this. You should keep herbal oils with you and get regular foot massages.
- Pranayama: Pranayama is important according to Ayurvedic principles for improving the quality of your sleep. Every day, you should practice a few rounds of alternate nostril breathing known as Nadi Shodhana Pranayama. This is excellent for your mind and helps in calming down your nervous system. As a result, you get a better and deeper sleep.
- Practice self compassion: Ayurveda states that your wellness and health depends largely on a proper balance between the mind, body, and soul. Some people make us feel charged up and positive after talking to them, while some people drain us emotionally and leave us annoyed. You should avoid the negative vibes and stay in a positive environment. Be mindful about who you speak to before going to sleep. It is recommended that you turn off your cell phone, computer, television, and social media activity at least two hours before going to sleep.
Exercise regularly in order to keep fit and physically healthy, as a healthy body leads to a healthy mind. This is essential for an improved sleep. Also avoid consuming caffeine, and any form of stimulant, especially after 3pm. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.