Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh Chowdappa
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh ChowdappaYour feedback matters!
Kidney is a crucial detoxifying organ that performs a lot of functions including, absorption of minerals, filtration of blood and production of hormones and urine. It also helps your body to maintain a healthy PH level. Since kidney failure can prove to be fatal, it is essential to keep it healthy, to ensure smooth function of your system.
The following are the tips to ensure the health of your kidneys:
- Adequate intake of water: It is advised to drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water daily, to help your kidneys function properly. Adequate intake of water ensures that your body is able to flush out the harmful toxins at regular intervals. However, in case if you are already suffering from kidney disease, this point is not applicable.
- Control your blood pressure and blood sugar level: Diabetes is one of the major causes of kidney failure. It is recommended to control your blood sugar level on a regular basis to ensure healthy functioning of your kidney. People who have high level of blood sugar and blood pressure are more susceptible to suffer from kidney disorders.
- Quit tobacco: Accumulations of toxins in your body tend to have a harmful impact on not only your kidneys but also on your overall health. It is strictly recommended to quit smoking and using other forms of tobacco to protect your kidneys from damage.
- Reduce weight: Obesity and the problem of excessive body fat are harmful for your body in more than ways than one. Being overweight makes you more susceptible to develop kidney cancer. Therefore, it is advisable to lose a few kilos to ensure the proper functioning of your kidneys.
- Avoid intake of analgesics without prescription: Most analgesics have the tendency to be harsh on your kidneys. Ingestion of analgesics increases your risk of developing kidney cancer. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, and acetaminophen are some of the analgesics, which are known to affect your kidneys in the long term. Therefore, it is necessary to avoid taking them without consulting a doctor.
- Include healthy food in your diet: If you increase the intake of green vegetables in your diet, it will help your body to accelerate the process of detoxification. Fruits and vegetables including watermelon, cranberries, blueberries, strawberries, apples, cabbage, cauliflower, peppers, garlic and onions provide considerable aid in removing the toxins out of your system. However, in case if you are already suffering from kidney disease, this point is not applicable.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello sir, I am a 36 year old, I am male and I have a problem of stone 16 mm in left kidney. So what should I do?
What happens if blood present in toilet? From 3 days ago, this happened to me and I am so scared. Please tell me.
Renal stone or kidney stone is the most common problem that is found in different people these days. It is mainly a hard mass that accumulates either in one or both the kidneys that can cause pain and another discomfort. Renal stones are classified into two types and these are:
- Calcium Stones and
- Uric Acid Stones.
Symptoms Of Renal Stone
Many times pain in the lower section of the stomach can be due to many reasons such as acidity, but long term pain can be considered as a symptom of renal stone. This happens when the stone moves from the kidney to the urinary tract or also when the stones grow. Some other symptoms apart from the pain are:
- The colour of the urine is turned into red or brown as it contains blood,
- The urge of urination increases,
- Nausea and Vomiting at times.
Causes Of Renal Stone
The medical term used for the renal stone is renal calculi or urolithiasis or nephrolithiasis. The problem can occur due to a number of reasons and a few among them are:
- Increased calcium amount in the body,
- Genetic factor,
- Disease or infection in the kidney or the urinary,
- Consumption of alcohol and also some oxalate food items,
- Diseases such as high blood pressure, hypercalciuria or gout,
- Inflammatory disease of intestine and stomach,
- Side effects of wrong medication.
Home Remedies By Ayurveda For Curing Renal Stone
Today maximum of people either go for surgery for fast recovery of the stones or may go for consumption of homeopathic medicines for a safer treatment. But there are also some of the home remedies available that are suggested by the Ayurveda.
- Treating Renal Stone With Kidney Beans
- Add 4 litres of water to 60 grams of kidney beans.
- Now heat the mixture for about 4-5 hours.
- Now strain the mixture through a muslin cloth into a container.
- Keep the fluid aside to cool down.
- After the fluid cools down completely, start drinking one glass of the fluid every 2 hours.
- Make sure that the fluid should be consumed within 24 hours.
- Do this for a week time.
- Treating Renal Stone With Basil Leaves And Honey
- Crush about 10-15 basil leaves and make a paste of it.
- Take out the juice of about 1 tablespoon of the paste.
- Now add one teaspoon honey to the juice and mix them well.
- Consume this mixture every day once.
- Treating Renal Stone With Pomegranate Seeds And Horse Gram
- Add about half litre water to 1 cup horse gram.
- Now heat it till the water comes down to about 1/5th and then strain the liquid.
- Crush some pomegranate seeds and add about 2 tablespoons to the liquid.
- Drink this mixture daily.
- Apart from these remedies, drinking apple juice regularly and doing regular exercise also helps in getting rid of renal stone. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.