Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh ChowdappaYour feedback matters!
Mild dilatation of left pelvicalyceal system with dilated proximal ureter due to obstructing mid ureteric calculus of size 3.6 mm.
Urinary tract infection is a type of infection that occurs in the urinary tract of the body. This disorder tends to occur more in women than men as the length of the urethra is shorter in women, thus increasing chances of this infection. The most common cause of urinary tract infections is the E. Coli bacteria, especially in the lower part of the urinary tract consisting of the urethra and the bladder.
Homeopathy adopts a holistic approach to urinary tract infections, the remedies aim to treat the underlying causes of the infection. The treatments are free from any side effect and have a beneficial impact on your overall wellbeing. Before prescribing a remedy, the practitioner diagnoses by asking about your medical history, work habits and your mental health. Based on a thorough diagnosis, remedies will be prescribed.
Some of these homeopathic remedies to treat UTIs include:
- Apis: Apis is recommended if you have symptoms such as experiencing a burning feeling after urination and less urine. You may have swelling around the eyes and also may not experience much thirst. The condition tends to worsen in hot weather conditions.
- Cantharis: Cantharis is recommended if you experience constant urges to urinate; however, the amount of urine may be very low. Apart from this, you might also experience intense pain while urinating along with traces of blood in the urine. Back pain is another complication that occurs along with the above mentioned symptoms.
- Sarsaparilla: This remedy is recommended when you experience pain in the lower abdomen and the back. Your urine may also contain blood and sediments.
- Benzoic acid: In case your urine has a strong odor, benzoic acid may be the recommended remedy. It is also used to treat pain in the urethra which flares up when you are not urinating.
- Staphysagria: This remedy is used when UTIs develop as a result of any sexual activity. You may experience a constant urge to urinate and feel pressure in the bladder. Prostatic enlargements which cause infections in the urinary tract can also be treated using this remedy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
Sir my urine is coming brown colour frm 5 day & I had fungus in my ass & beside my penis & 2 cure I am taking 2 types of tablet the tablet name is 1@ lukonir 150 2 @ is vestocet this are the 2 tablet & some time I feel my heart is burning some time & while eating also sir.
How can I get rid of my kidney stones without experiencing excessive pain and without any surgeries?
Sir, I have stone's in my kidneys. severe pain in my back below ribs. Sir please give me a solution to my problem. Thanking you.
I am 44 years old male. I had problem of uncontrolled urine/frequent urine, Piles problem-sometime, yawning, Body pain, Loose body feeling, sometimes both side & center stomach paining. Some times I feel for a while free of all problems but it is continuously following the problems since last 12 years. I tried various suggestion but still problem could not get resolved. Please suggest me the efficient solution for the same.
Hi. Mai 29 sal ka hun. Mujhe bar bar peshab lagti h. 24 ghante me 12 se 15 bar pesab lagti h. Pahle aisa nhi hota tha. Pichle 2-3 mahino se ye problem bahut pareshan kar rahi h. Rat me so nhi pata hun. Gahre nind me rahta hun pesab lag jati h nind khul jati h fir nind aane me bahut problem hoti h. Rat bhar me 3 bar uthna padta h. So please mujhe ye bataye ki aisa kyun ho raha h aur eska Kya elaaj ya upay h.
Hi Doctor, I get repeated urinary infection and all the time urine culture test shows no presence of bacteria or other microorganisms. I drink over 3 liters of water every day and normal diet, not very spicy. Kindly advice what could be done to prevent any further occurrence.
Hello doctors. Its a problem of urination .whenever I do after few sec I feeling very little pain in my penis like urine is still there BT it not pain is very little then also it affect my Working .I never do masturbation so every week night fall occurs so may b this is d reason for that .as from morning its pain becomes little more that can affect a person and today morning also night fall occurred .so what to do. This is happing from last few week BT negligible BT today its not negligible its affect s me.
I am 27 year old male. I am facing the problem of kidney stone lft kidney 0. 3mm rght kidney 0. 55mm as per the scanning result of last 5months ago. Now no pain some times irritation pasing urine. Last 5months taking tablet neeri. Thanking you.
If I'm facing a urgency to urinate at night upto 2-3 times. As I have anxiety issues. So due to which my sleep is disturbed. What is the solution for itt. So that I should not get up to urinate and a can sleep at a stretch for 6-7 hours. Please suggest any methods.
25 mm cyst but doctor was not confirm on type either endometriosis or clear cyst. Please confirm if I need surgery for this or it can go itself. Also inhomogeneous lining in uterus, what it means. I want to conceive asap.
I have swelling problem in both of my kidney due to stones, sometimes it causes severe pain also there. Please advise.
Hi My age is 69, BP from 20 yes and sugar from 20 yes. Kidney transplant done in August 2003. In two the foots amputation is done for 3 fingers in one foot and all the fingers in another foot. Now his creatinine position is 3. 3. He is taking tab. Sandimum Neoral 75 mg two times a day and tab. Cellcept 250mg three times a day. Not sure why his creatinine levels are up. Can you please advise what can be done now to bring the serum creatinine levels to normal?
Hi, I am facing a problem of irresistible urine. If a laugh or run or get scared. My urine passes out. I am not able to control it. Please help.
I have dignosed for multiple stones in both kidney the size differ from 5-7mm. Also having 1 stone in somewhere to upper mid ureter for 11 mm. As doctor suggest I had operated on 30th apr for that 11 mm stone only, as per doctor the surgery is done by one camera sent to nearby the stone & than crushed it by laser & remove through urine, also 1 stand (pipe) inserted & suggest me to remove it after 21 days. Feeling littel fever since last 2 days. Also want to know the food which will helpful for me & which are harmfull.
I have stone in kidney with size of 6 mms, doctors suggested for surgery. Is any alternative without operation in ayurveda.
Defined as hard and small mineral deposits that develop inside your kidney, kidney stones are made up of acid salts and minerals. The causes of this disease are not well-defined, although risk factors include drinking very little amounts of water and having a diet rich in sodium, protein and oxalate (chocolate and green leafy foods for example). However, knowing the type of kidney stone you suffer from can help ascertain the cause.
Here are the common types of kidney stones.
- Struvite stones: This type of kidney stone is usually a response to certain kind of infection, such as a urinary tract infection for example. Characterised by rapid growth and a large size, struvite stones can develop without any warning signs.
- Calcium stones: These are the most common type and are caused by a diet rich in oxalate. Risk factors for calcium stones include a diet consisting of plenty of nuts, chocolates and certain fruits and vegetables; metabolic disorders, high doses of vitamin d and intestinal bypass surgery, all of which can increase the amounts of calcium or oxalate in your urine, indicating the development of kidney stones.
- Cystine stones: Those individuals with a hereditary disorder that causes their kidneys to produce certain amino acids (cystinuria to be precise) in excess are most likely to get cystine stones.
- Uric acid stones: These are common in those whose diets are lacking in water or those who suffer from the excess fluid loss. People with a high protein diet and those who suffer from gout are also at risk. Genetic factors play a major role as well in increasing your risk of getting uric acid stones.
Apart from these, there are other rarer types of kidney stones that can also arise depending on a combination of an individual's lifestyle and genetic make-up.
However, to determine whether you're suffering from any of the aforementioned types of kidney stones, you must first know its common symptoms, which are:
- Excruciating pain in your sides, and back, especially below your ribs
- Feelings of pain in the groin and the lower parts of your abdomen
- Intense and fluctuating pain that comes and goes in waves
- Pain while urinating
- Urine that is red, brown or pink in colour
- Urine that's cloudy or has a foul odour
- Vomiting and nausea
- Constant urge to urinate
- Increased frequency of urination
- Urinating in small amounts
- Chills and fever in case of an infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.