Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh Chowdappa
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh ChowdappaYour feedback matters!
My fathers dialysis is going on ,on alternate day basis but after dialysis he becomes arrogant restless confused. Sitting here and there frequently .again n again asking urgueing for urination and motion kindly advise urgently as he is uncontrollable .Halocare and qutipin medicine given to control but not working.
Full body check up done 10 days back and report shows creatine level high (1.5). Suggest further to cure this. I don't have any other diagnosis except that.
My gf is 27 years 6 months old her last period was on 15th June 2017 we have sex few days back but not intercourse I have done only finger in her pussy now my question is that she has a blood today in her toilet while doing bathroom what is the main reason behind that I am worried a lot Please concern.
GOOD MORNING, Dr. Self Mathew. C. V. Aged 66 years, with sound health. Having glucose 130 @ fasting, colostol at border. Taking tablets for glucose every day two, one in the morning one @ night. Experienced stone problem, in Kidney.
My mother is having a 18 mm gallstone. She is having pain and fever often. How to dissolve the stone without operation.
Sir/madam, मेरी wife के left kidney me stone hai hai (8 mm की) इसका कोई इलाज हो बिना operation kiy to please बताये,thanks so much.
I am 30 years old man and I have problem with urinate when I trying to pee only small amount I can discharge urine colour is yellow.
I hv undergone stress incontinence surgery in 2011. Now the same problem is repeated. Urine leakage is more now. One doc says the surgery is not performed well. Other says now it is a different urinary bladder problem. What should I do.
I am 18 years old and suffering from urine incontinence urgency. I feel that I have to urinate aftr 10 -20 min and which makes very difficult for me to study classes and also its been 3 years that I am suffering from this problem. Please help me out and also now a days I feel the same for pee. I would be very thankful to you if you suggest any treatment for it. So please help me out.
The bladder is a hollow storage organ that collects urine from the kidneys and stores it until it can be passed out of the body through the urethra during the process of micturition or urination. It has a thin inner lining of cells called urothelial cells and a thick muscular wall, which exerts pressure to push the urine out of the body.
Causes of Bladder Tumors
In most cases, the bladder tumor develops on the inner layer due to a combination of some of the following factors.
1. Hereditary: A strong family history of cancer predisposes a person to cancer.
2. Gender: Men are 3 times more prone for bladder cancer than women.
3. Ethnicity: White people are more prone for bladder cancer black people.
4. Smoking: Smokers develop bladder cancer 2-6 times more frequently than non-smokers. cigarettes contain toxic, carcinogenic substances which reach the kidney and are stored in the bladder, leading to their damage.
5. Occupational hazards: Some workplaces have a higher likelihood of causing bladder cancers, especially dye and rubber industries. The effects can be damaging, and the person may develop cancers years after the exposure has happened.
6. Recurrent bladder infections: In some people, this can also lead to bladder cancer in the long run.
Types of Bladder Tumor
Depending on the extent of the cancerous spread, it can be of two types:
1. Non-muscle-invasive bladder tumors: The tumor spread is limited to the inner part of the bladder (urothelial cells)
2. Muscle-invasive bladder tumor: The tumor has spread to the thick muscular outer layer. This is more advanced and prognosis is poor compared to the noninvasive type.
The most common and diagnostic symptom of bladder cancer is the presence of blood in the urine, known as hematuria. This will be intermittent and happens whenever the tumor bleeding happens. Other symptoms include pain in the lower abdomen and frequent urination.
From the most noninvasive to the most invasive diagnostic test, these include:
1. Urine microscopy to detect cancer cells in the urine
2. Cystoscopy A tube inserted into the urethra to look into the inner wall of the bladder is highly diagnostic
3. Ultrasound, CT Scan, and biopsy can also be further used to identify severity of the tumor.
Once the tumor is diagnosed, treatment would depend on the severity of the tumor. For both invasive and noninvasive tumors, definitive therapy is surgery, known as transurethral resection of the bladder tumor (TURBT). The cancerous bladder tissue is removed through a cystoscope as done for diagnosis. The bladder is then flushed with chemotherapy agent to kill any residual cancer cells in the bladder. This is then followed by BCG vaccine, which is again done 1 to 4 weeks for several months to avoid recurrence. In some cases, radiotherapy may also be included.