Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Seriously I don't have any BP but I can not control my angry daily and I lose my temper daily how to work in this problem would you do to please tell me and give me good idea sometimes I am very cool but I don't know how this much angry been in my mind will you not help me sir thank you.
Hi, I am 22 years old now, and I have a VSD (ventricular septal disease) by birth. Now the hole is getting smaller and smaller and it is about 2.2 mm.My question is, will the hole gets cured naturally by itself. If yes, at what age does the hole gets closed considering that I am 22 years old now or should I get it operated and clear the hole?
Sir my grandmother was recently operated for a fracture in leg where the broken bone injured a artery after the operation the leg is not moving and is slowly turning blue doctors are saying that it was due to error in artery joining and due to which blood circulation has stopped in the leg. They are suggesting to cut the leg else there is a life risk in cleaning the blood clot sir I wanna know is there any other way to start the circulation again so that there would not be a need to cut her leg please reply soon.
My BP recently for average one week was in the range of 145/94 then to 138/90. I have not taken any medicine as I felt it was anxiety induced. Shall I take anti anxiety drug or any other medicine or exercise you suggest.
My vldl level is 88 and triglycerides 440 hdl 30 ldl/hdl ratio 3.8 please suggest me Ayurvedic medicine.
I am 38 years old women feeling low BP, what should I eat and do exercise? Some time I am getting severe head ache.
What is the symptoms of heart disease like asthma and heart attack. During heart attack what can I do?
Heart disease or cardiovascular disease is an umbrella term that encompasses a variety of heart related ailments including Angina, coronary artery disease, pulmonary stenosis, irregular heartbeat as well as heart failure and cardiac attacks, among many others. Training the heart to pump blood in a better fashion when one is suffering from such conditions, is the cornerstone of managing cardiovascular ailments. The exercises for this usually revolve around strengthening the heart and its various parts.
Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese form of energy flow exercises that can help patients suffering from heart or cardiovascular diseases. Let us see how.
- Non Vigorous: It is a medically proven fact that non vigorous exercises form an important part of managing the heart in such ailments. This is one of the most important rehabilitation elements for such patients. This kind of exercise usually involves movements like walking and even other mild forms of exercise. Tai Chi is one such form of breathing and motion.
- Muscular Strength: This mind body exercise is a traditional one that can benefit the aerobic capacity of the patient and create a basis for building the muscular strength in the area.
- Hypertension: High blood pressure is one of the most common problems experienced by patients who are suffering from any cardiovascular ailment. With the help of Tai Chi, the systolic and diastolic blood pressure levels have shown marked improvement. This is due to the uptake of oxygen in this resistance based, mild exercise which does not put undue pressure on the heart.
- Diabetes: Diabetes mellitus is another common side effect or even cause of cardiovascular diseases. For many patients, both the ailments go hand in hand. With the help of Tai Chi, the patient can show remarkable improvement in the blood sugar level as well. This also helps in losing some amount of weight even as the Tai Chi practitioners are encouraged to make dietary changes.
- Balance: Tai Chi helps in attaining a certain balance and poise that is required for the constant cleansing of toxins from the body and its various organs. In this way, Tai Chi actually works as a wholesome lifestyle moderator as well.
- Breathing: In Tai Chi, the practitioner is asked to focus on one's breath. This will deeply enhance the way we take and use oxygen within the system, which in turn has a highly beneficial effect as far as heart diseases go. This effect is also known as meditation in motion.
You can also take the package for Improving Heart Health.
Practicing Tai Chi is beneficial for good health and potentially fatal ailments like heart disease. Remember to ask your doctor whether or not you can try out a new form of exercise before you start. If you wish to discuss about any specific cardio or heart problem, you can consult a specilized cardiologist and ask a free question.
Dear doctor, I am a 54 year male got my bypass in march 2012 though normal but have a tendency of high triglycerides taking rosuvastin 20 1 tabs at bed time kindly suggest allergic to fenofibrte.
I am 23 years old. I have some problems regarding heart beat. Heart beat skips for 2/3 beats and I feel some sort of suffocation at that time. Please solve my problem.
Dear sir, I am suffering from chest pain I have consulted a doctor, I went through a test like echo, bled TMT all are normal but still the pain is repeating, what shall I do? Please suggest.
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills.