Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
I am a beginner in my gym, I want to take a protein powder, does it affect the sexual life or my daily life routine? Please guide me.
What is the root cause for the hair fall or split ends in children? How can we cure this using natural methods/ways? Is it a bath water problem or food problem?
I am 17 years old and my height is too small (4.5 feet) So what I do to get back my sufficient height?
I have in problem I have not perfect in my height who to improve in my height please give in one suggestion.
Hello sir I am 32 years old problem is hair fall from last 3 months, doctor advice this is leaver pro blem. I take medicine syp. Live 52. Please give me permanent solution
Hello. My weight was 72 I am doing gym last 3 months. Now I am 65. Bt after 65 I am not loosing my weight. Y?
I have pimples on my face. And have black dots also its very irritating what should I have do for it?
I am 38 years old, I am over weight with 15 kgs, right now I am 65 kgs, can you please suggest any weight reduction medicines, I have ligament tear on my right knee, due to over weight unable to walk.
I feel sick like common cold and cough for that I am too tensed for it and I can not suffer any more so what should I do?
What is spinal manipulation? I was advice by one doctor to go for spinal as I am a spondylosis patient.
I have back pain from various years, even after riding on bike or sitting or doing any work I feel alot pain and I have to take rest or some one is help by standing on my back for reducing the pain. Please guide me.
I want to gain my weight I am really slim actually I want also to have body and I have used protein powder also. What to do.
What are the symptoms for a heart attack? I have constant pain in my heart since a week. Please help.
I suddenly found a sort of allergy on my face, back and hands 4 days back. From the very next day, I started having fever. I suggested blood tests of dengue, jaundice and typhoid today. In the report the dengue is negative, typhoid is negative, but I have serum bilirubin-1.6 (normal 0.2 - 1.0) what diet shall I maintain? And how many days do I need to rest? Is there anything to worry about? Please help. I am tensed.
i am having pain in throat what should I do I used many medicines like zines stressing but not cured what are the recommended things you give me.
Endocrinology deals with hormones, hormone systems and hormonal disorders. The organs that come under endocrinology are pituitary gland, adrenal glands, ovaries or testicles, thyroid gland and pancreas. These organs maintain the chemical balance of the body by secreting hormones which regulate all the body systems.
Diabetes is the name for a group of diseases which are characterized by abnormalities in the absorption of glucose and blood sugar levels.
Relation between the endocrine system and diabetes:
The hormone insulin is secreted by the pancreatic beta cells called the islets of Langerhans. It is a peptide hormone that metabolizes carbohydrates, proteins and fats, stimulates the conversion of glycogen or stored protein to usable glucose and also helps the body cells to absorb the glucose. The movement of ionized or free calcium (Ca2+) is also somewhat dependent on insulin.
Insulin is secreted from the pancreas in two phases - the first phase occurs when blood sugar level is high and need to be absorbed into the cells while the second phase is associated with a slower production not influenced by blood sugar.
Types of diabetes and how they are affected by the endocrine system
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus: This condition is caused by underproduction of insulin by the pancreatic beta cells. It is called 'insulin dependent diabetes mellitus' (IDDM), since it is directly influenced by the hormone.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus: This type of the disorder is not directly dependent on insulin. It is usually caused by obesity and lack of physical exercise. The cells develop resistance to insulin and because of that blood sugar is not absorbed properly. This eventually leads to under-secretion of insulin.
- Gestational diabetes mellitus: Pregnant women might develop high levels of blood sugar even if they did not have diabetes in the past. This occurs due the changes in the regular hormonal cycles and secretion of pregnancy hormones and can result is complications and miscarriage.
Sub-specialties of diabetic endocrinology
- Diabetic renal disease: The kidneys filter the blood. If there are chronically high levels of sugar in blood, hormones like erythropoietin (regulates production of red blood cells) and renin (regulates blood plasma and fluid content) are not produced. As a result, the kidneys' capacity is reduced and waste materials build up in blood.
- Diabetic vision problems: Insulin problems may cause the blood vessels supplying the retina (light sensitive eye tissue) to expand or contract. This causes blurry and distorted vision and pain in the eyes.