Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
My sister is 14years old. She has a menstrual problem. She miss her periods by 2-3 months every time. What should she do?
I had sex on sept 10 I took ipill after 2 days and my last menstrual cycle is 28th aug. after taking ipill we had sex everyday but I did not took ipill. Is there any chance to get pregnant. Because still I did not had my period.
There are 10 classic strategies to be used during pregnancy that can support the health and well-being of mom and baby, and keep the prana and apana vata in balance.
1. Favor Your Cravings. The most important advice is to eat what you naturally desire. Follow a well-balanced diet, with meals including adequate amounts of protein, healthy starch and veggies. Remember, you are eating for two body types, so you should not follow a strict diet for one body type. Honor your unique cravings in moderation, especially after the fourth month when the cravings you experience are more likely those of the baby.
2. Balance Vata. The major theme during pregnancy is to balance vata, the energy of the nervous system. This is best done with a diet of fresh, plant-based, whole or sprouted grains and non-processed foods. Warm, freshly cooked foods with healthy oils of olive, ghee and coconut are good. Avoid eating leftovers as much as possible.
3. Foods to Avoid:
Hot spicy foods
Uncooked leafy greens – as they can cause gas.
Undercooked beans and lentils – which can also cause gas.
Artificial flavors, preservatives and chemical additives
4. Enjoy These Three Tastes. The three tastes that balance vata are sweet, sour and salty. During pregnancy the sweet taste should be most emphasized, because it is the most sattvic or wholesome for the baby. This includes sprouted breads or those cooked without oils, whole grains, rice, fruits and healthy starches like sweet potatoes, quinoa, cooked beets and carrots. These foods are emphasized on the Winter Grocery List.
5. The Right Milk Does a Baby Good. Drink warm, vat-pasteurized (heated under 135 degrees F), non-homogenized milk with ghee made from grass-fed cows. One cup of warm milk with a teaspoon of ghee twice a day is said to boost immunity and the complexion, or “ojas,” of the baby.
6. Daily Massage with an Ayurvedic Herbalized Massage Oil. These oils feed the microbiology on the skin, as well as calm the skin-based sensory nervous system of the mom. The calmer the mom, the calmer the baby. This can be self-massage, or an opportunity to get massaged by a loving partner. Gently massage the abdomen and, in the 8th and 9th months, spend extra time on the nipples to prepare for nursing.
7. Five Tips to Conquer Morning Sickness:
1. Roast cardamom seeds, powder them and eat a small pinch through the day.
2. Snack on dry crackers or toast. It helps to always keep a little food in the stomach.
3. Temporarily eat from the Spring Grocery List or Kapha-Reducing Diet.
4. Sip tea made of 1/4 tsp. ginger powder and/or fennel seeds and hot water.
5. Try sleeping in a semi-reclined position by putting a pillow between the box spring and the mattress.
8. Get Gentle Daily Exercise. A great way to get this is to walk for 30 minutes each day.
9. Rest Up. In the 8th month, you should get as much rest as possible. This is a delicate time when the subtle nutrient fluid called “ojas” that supports vitality, complexion and immunity is passed between the mother and baby.
10. The MOST important pregnancy principle is to remember to be happy. The partner’s job during this time is to keep the mama-to-be happy. Of course, the mom must practice daily acts of happiness as well. The partner should avoid travel, be home in the evenings and fulfill every desire of the mother-to-be.
Dear doctor I am fatty after baby. I have every time pain in my joint. Please tell me what to do to reduce my fat. I also working am I setting in chair 8 hour. Please give me suggestion.
A beautiful smile plays a very vital role in enhancing the overall beauty of face. Rotated, stained and maL-placed tooth can cause major aesthetic/cosmetic and psychological problems in teenage and young adults. Mid-line teeth gap, rotated teeth, crowded teeth, stained teeth, broken tooth edges and wearing tooth edges are the most common cosmetic problems that our patients report to us. Dynamic advancements in the field of dentistry has come across with the solution of majority of cosmetic problems.
Here we discuss the various options available for improving smile:
1. Veneers: They are thin pieces of porcelain or plastic glued to the front of your teeth. For teeth that are severely discoloured, chipped or misshapen and gaps between the teeth, veneers create a durable and pleasing smile. A veneer is made to match the colour and shape of your tooth. Not everyone is a candidate for professional teeth whitening. Bleaching is not recommended if you have tooth colored fillings, crowns, caps or bonding in your front teeth. There are two types of veneers:
a. Porcelain (indirect) veneers, which must first be created to fit your teeth in a dental laboratory and require two visits to the dentist. Porcelain veneers are generally stronger, while composite veneers are less expensive. With porcelain veneers, the dentist takes an impression of the tooth and sends it to the dental lab for fabrication of the veneer, usually after the front of the tooth has been reduced.
b. Composite (direct) veneers, which are bonded to your tooth enamel in a single visit. With either method, the tooth is prepared for bonding by roughening the front surface with mild etching solution. The veneer can then be bonded to your tooth using a dental bonding cement.
2. Bonding: It uses composite resin to restore chipped or broken teeth, fill in gaps and reshape or recolor your smile. After applying a very mild etching solution that slightly roughens the surface of your teeth and permits the bonding material to adhere, your dentist applies the resin and sculpts, colours and shapes it to provide a pleasing result. A high-intensity light hardens the material, which is then finely polished. Bonding agents are used in treatment of midline gap closures, fractured tooth restoration, wearing teeth edges.
3. Whitening: Some people are born with teeth that are more yellow than others. Others have teeth that yellow with age. Your natural tooth colour can also be affected by many factors. Surface stains (called extrinsic stains by dentists) and discolouration can be caused by:
a. Tobacco (whether smoked or chewed)
b. Drinking tea, coffee, or red wine
c. Eating highly pigmented foods such as cherries and blueberries
d. Accumulation of tartar deposits, which result from plaque that has hardened
e. Treatment with the antibiotic tetracycline during the time when teeth are forming
f. Yellowing or greying of the teeth as part of the aging process
g. Trauma to the teeth that may result in the death of the tooth's nerve, giving the tooth a brown, grey or black colour.
Whitening/Bleaching is a simple procedure where whitening agents are applied over the tooth surface in order to chemically change the colour of tooth. It can either be a single visit clinical procedure or multiple application home procedure under the guidance of your dentist.
Will my newly whitened teeth stain?
Any tooth can stain, including the veneers and bonds mentioned above. To help prevent stains from coming back, avoid smoking, coffee, tea, red wine and heavily coloured foods. And brush your teeth twice a day with a whitening toothpaste. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
Ayurveda is a renowned life science that has been credited with changing lives since ancient times. Not only can it prevent diseases and ailments, but it can also cure them with its combination of herbal medication, everyday routine and yogic poses. Weight management is a field that also enjoys various Ayurvedic remedies. Some of them are as follows.
- Herbs: Herbs are a way of healing used by Ayurveda, and the use of various herbs can help in hastening the metabolism for healthy weight management.
- Taste: Ayurveda recognizes six distinct tastes that should be incorporated into one's daily diet. These tastes include salty, pungent, sour, sweet, bitter and finally, astringent. Each of these tastes has several properties that balance the various hormones and health factors in one's body. These tastes form the various counterpoints to alleviate all kinds of health problems, which finally help in effective weight management. Also, one must eat all the seasonal fruits and vegetables to keep the body and hormones in good balance.
- Exercise: While a daily routine of exercise is a must in any life science, Ayurveda too propagates the devotion of at least 45 minutes to one hour towards some form of exercise. Walking is said to be the most important and effective forms of exercise, followed by several yoga poses that can help in better weight management. Also, as per Ayurveda, it is important to move after each and every meal, so that a routine of eating and activity is built into the system.
- Sleep: Ayurveda recognizes sleep or rest as one of the most important aspects of a healthy lifestyle. While good eating habits and exercise form one side of it, sleep or rest completes the triangle. One can also practice the Savasana or resting pose for a period of rest. And at least six to seven hours of sleep is a must as per Ayurveda.
- Meditation: This practice helps in focusing on awareness which can instil the desired function like weight management in the body. Being mindful of what your body needs can also help in eating and exercising right.
Weight management is a lifelong process in Ayurveda.
For starters I have not had a period for about 8 months. Then lately I've been beginning to see a change in my body bedtime. Not only have my breasts filled out immensely but my stomach has also swollen up. My whole body looks like that of a 5 month pregnant woman, the only problem is that i'm not pregnant. I'm starting to worry about whats really going on within my body. One thing I do know is that whatever is happening is not normal and in my opinion is all wrong. Can you please give me some insight as to what might be possible reasons as to why this is happening & what might be going on with my body?
How to balance hormones naturally means pcod cyst how to eliminate please tell me 4 mm to 7 mm multiple ovarian cyst how to eliminate tell me please I took mac root capsules 1 month and ashokarishta taking 3 months over periods now regular.
I am an 18 year old student. I got married 2 months back. My husband is still working in Bangalore. I am a BBM student in Coimbatore. Currently we could see some symptoms for pregnancy like vomiting etc. After we checked pregnancy test kit, the result is still positive. Do we have any medications to avoid this pregnancy?
I want to get rid of pimple and it scars. What should I do? Often I get periodical cramps how should I deal with it? Or how can I get rid with the cramps permanently.
My wife is 2 months pregnant. Shall I have sexual intercourse with her? Or not? Whether, It may spoil her pregnancy or it affects the baby growth inside her. It's okay not to have sexual intercourse on which month I should stop having intercourse?
2 moths passed I got married. We r using not any precaution bt still there is no conceive in my wife. I am 33 yrs. Wife is 25. What sud I do.
Hi doc my daughter is 18 years old, she is not getting her menses till 6 months, her weight is 78 kgs and height is 5 feet. She has started getting hair on her chin area also. Please suggest some medication to get her periods ?
My gf had periods on 27/05/16 I had unprotected sex with her on 6/6/16. I had given her unwanted 72 on 7/6/16 after that we had sex but condom is damaged or broke my sperm gone inside her vagina on 12/6/16 then I had given her unwanted 72 within 48 hours after sex .her periods are not coming til today's date .Is she pregnant. Please tell me or suggest me fast.
You study one night before the exam but you manage an all nighter, thus you manage to pass. You study for a week for your sat exams but you manage a score little over 1800. You sit down for a few hours and you manage to finish the work your boss asked for a week ago. You push yourself and get the desired results. These results keep you happy, get the work done (in a long term successful manner) and turn out to be fast as well as effective! but, can you say the same in relation to starving to lose weight? yes it's fast, but is it effective? yes you might look thin, but internally are you happy when you're hungry? yes it's got the job done but will it be a long term success? the answer is no. Starving yourself to lose weight isn't the solution. Why, you ask? well here's a piece of my mind.
Metabolism vs metabolism:
Well the first ones an example of how slow your metabolic rate will be when you starve! since glucose and insulin play a major role in your metabolism levels, insufficient consumption of food will lead to a fall in their levels, eventually causing a decline in your metabolic rate. Then comes the second kind, that fast paced metabolism that's because regular meals keep your digestive system running which in turn paces up your metabolic rates.
No water vs no water weight:
When you decide to starve yourself, you say no to almost any item going into your mouth. You cant live on a peanut for lunch and one fruit for dinner! instead you need to trim the excess weight by getting rid of the water weight by cutting your carbs! for every gram of carb that you consume, your body retains 4 grams of water. No carbs, no retention. No water weight? that's right! say no to carbs, yes to healthy food and bye bye to water weight.
Malnutrition vs nutrition:
After a few months of starvation, there is a major cut in your staple food which leads to insufficient nutrients, vitamin and minerals. Without all the essentials for a balanced diet your body cannot function properly which could lead to serious illnesses and problems. On the other hand, if you eat right your body improves its immunity and keeps even the smallest cough away.
To sleep or not to sleep:
Those who starve themselves tend to get hungry (well, duh) during the odd hours of the night. This either keeps them up late at night or keeps waking them up every few hours. Or, even worse you binge eat at like 3 am. Carbs, fat and dessert! whereas those who eat a well balanced healthy meal end up getting a good night's rest since their body isn't short of food aka energy deprived!
Lethargic lump vs energizer bunny:
After you skip some meals, your body is really low on energy so it uses stored fat as a replacement ie muscles. You'll notice your muscles slowly start to fade away to compensate for the lack of energy in your body. Eventually you won't have the energy to do anything, not even eat (not as good as it sounds!). Actually no energy and no muscle might just make you fat and lazy. If you decide to get off your lazy lump and cook breakfast, you will actually help kick start your body into fat burning mode! also you'll have the energy to exercise which definitely provides better results than starving.
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778).