Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MaheshYour feedback matters!
Just want to ask about my weight. I was around 88 kgs and lost around 20 kgs. I am right now 67 kgs. There is fat around my waist. What should I do to remove it completely.
Hey doctor I had a major operation for heart for about 3 years ago. There was no much no problem after that. But now I am having a pain which comes simultaneously.
I am suffering from knee joint pain due to reduced cartilage. Can you suggest me suitable diet restrictions taking into regard of my medications for diabetes and bp.
I am 25 year old I am suffering from the hair fall problem frm last 2 year I used all shampoos products in market but they r use less to me my hair growth also goes week please tell me further what will I do thanks from umar khan.
Everyone loves a thick luscious mane of hair, which is shown on television commercials. To be able to flick around shiny healthy locks, you may have tried the best shampoo brands, made frequent visits to the parlour and consulted the doctors several times. However, did you know that the best nutrition for your hair comes from the food you eat daily? Thinning hair, reduction in hairline, excessive hairfall resulting in an undesirable physical change, can be a major cause of frustration and low self esteem. Healthy and hygienic lifestyle, sufficient sleep, adequate water intake and exercises along with a balanced diet help to promote the growth of hair.
Important nutrients necessary to boost hair growth and volume:
- Most of the hair is made of protein and therefore it is of utmost importance to include proteins in the diet. Protein cells are building blocks for hair and strengthen your locks.
- Vitamin D leads to a healthy scalp and activates the growth of hair follicles.
- Biotin (Vitamin B7) leads to the synthesis of an important hormone known as Keratin which forms the fibrous part of hair.
- Inadequate Folic acid in the diet can cause a reduction in cell division and lead to premature greying of hair.
- Vitamin A and C help to keep the scalp free of dandruff. They lead to the production of sebum that nourishes the hair strands and prevents split ends. Split ends can lead to the breakage of hair, eventually turning your precious mane into a rough, dull and unmanageable one.
- Omega-3 fatty acids improve blood circulation to the hair roots, promoting shine and health of hair.
- Iron and Zinc prevent breakage and damage of hair. They contribute to strengthening of hair roots.
Some of the best food items recommended for maintaining healthy hair:
- Carrots, Whole grains, Legumes and Lentils, leafy green vegetables, fruits: Carrots are rich sources of Vitamin A. Carrots have several advantageous effects on the human body, mostly showing remarkable improvement in eyesight and hair growth. Carrots can be eaten in a salad, boiled or lightly tossed in the pan in just a few drops of oil and beneficial spices for added flavour. Carrots can also be made into carrot juice and consumed on a regular basis. Vegetables, fruits and legumes are rich sources of iron, zinc; vitamins that are essential for hair maintenance.
- Lean Meat and Eggs: Eggs and lean meat are rich sources of protein. Egg whites do a commendable job when it comes to promoting hair growth. Egg yolk and the egg whites are known to remarkably condition the hair and benefit damaged hair when mixed with a natural hair pack before shampooing it off. Egg protein is beneficial, whether consumed or applied externally. It must be made a vital inclusion in your diet.
- Oatmeal: Known to have multiple benefits, it must make a way into your diet chart, if you are looking forward to healthy skin, hair and the perfect body weight. Oatmeal applied externally can condition and clean the hair, reducing itchiness of the scalp. Oatmeal consumed in breakfast daily can help to control hormonal imbalance that leads to excessive hair loss. It can also play an important role in controlling genetic alopecia.
- Walnuts and Almonds: The “W” of Walnut can also stand for Wonder nut. This nut contains all the necessary vitamins that activate the hair follicles and increase the volume of hair. It contains, iron, zinc, Vitamins B9, B6 and B1, healthy fats and adequate protein. Almonds are as beneficial as Walnuts, containing all the basic important nutrients needed for your hair. A handful of walnuts and almonds daily will zealously guard your hair for a long, long time.
- Green Tea and Dark Chocolates: Rich in anti-oxidants, green tea is beneficial both when consumed internally and applied externally. The hair can be washed with green tea to remove and prevent dandruff. Dark chocolates are also rich sources of anti-oxidants. Now that’s a delectable way towards healthy and happy hair.
- Fish: Salmon, Mackerel, Oysters are excellent sources of Omega-3 Fatty Acids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 22 years old Male. I have tiny hair ON my nose. I have tried scrubbing after taking steam and Shaving as well. But the end result is still the same. Please advice on how to remove those tiny hair ON the nose and prevent them to grow again. Thanks.
I am a 20 year boy my height is 5 feet 6 inches only all my friends are taller than me which is sometime very embarrassing is there any chance to increase my height I am also doing iron pumping plss suggest me something like any medicine or diet.
I am 21 years old I have problem in my periods I get periods on 18 April then it delayed on next month and periods come on 23 may and on 23 may I have sex without precaution on the 1st day of mensuration and now its 28 june but periods are not coming please help me out as soon as possible.
Hi. I am a pcod patient. I am taking treatment to conceive. My follicle ruptured on 18th march. Doctor asked me to take pregnancy test on 3rd April and started medicine duphaston and estrabet. My hpt showed negative result. Should I wait for few more days to get accurate result. As my last month period date was 4th March.
I have hypothyroidism and recently got operated for cholecystectomy. I have pain in lower rights jaw radiating to neck and ribs. sometimes its intolerable. What should i do to cure?
I am just 32years but my hair and beard became almost totally white and I have to shave everyday. This is my big problem. Please let me know how can I solve this problem. I am feeling very guilty for this.
You said me to use these tablets i, e microfruit, cytofresh n lipolyzer once when I loose wait if I discontinued these tables do it hv any side effects.
I take my meal properly. But doesn't put on weight as compared meal. Do exercise and yoga daily. What's the reason behind it?
I am 18 and suffer with acne prone skin. How should I take care of my skin? What can be my daily routine?
How can I check whether I have hernia. And I want to know the symptoms and further causes of it. Does it affects the my sex organ. Please help me. Thanks.
Doctor my name is sachin I have many dark sports and some acnes on my face then what should I do for that.
Inadequate or poor quality sleep can increase the risk of heart disease in due course of time. Short–term sleep deprivation is linked with high cholesterol, high triglycerides, and high blood pressure
Sleep apnea makes people temporarily stop breathing many times during the night. Up to 83% of people with heart disease also have sleep apnea.
In sleep apnea oxygen levels dip and the brain sends an urgent "Breathe now!" signal. That signal briefly wakes the sleeper and makes him or her gasp for air. That signal also jolts the same stress hormone and nerve pathways that are stimulated when you are angry or frightened. As a result, the heart beats faster and blood pressure rises, along with other things that can threaten heart health such as inflammation and an increase in blood clotting ability.