Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. MahendraYour feedback matters!
Around 5 months ago while playing badminton jerked my knee on the ground. It still pains when I squat. Just that leg.
I am suffering from slip disk at lower back. Suggest me the best position to sleep. And also a good position to sit and study.
I had cervical laminectomy 1 and half month ago. My left arm is more weak after operate and now from today there is numbness also. Also somewhat numbness is in left leg 3 fingers. Why is it happening? How to cure What to do now?
I am a woman of 36 yrs old. I have been experiencing tightness on my shoulder especially my right side. My arms feel tired easily and I can't hold a heavy objects for long like babies. They get too heavy for me after a few minutes. What will I do to strenghthen my arm and also how will I treat my shoulder to get relief from the tightness and feeling of heaviness? thank you and waiting for your reply.
The most common cause of neck pain can be cervical disc disease. It is generally caused by the abnormality of the disc that is the cushion present between the vertebrae. The disc can get damaged because of arthritis or any unknown cause. When damaged, it usually leads to inflammation or spasm of the muscles leading to neck pain.
There are a number of pain medications, traction exercises, and physical therapy for minimizing the neck pain. However, these home based remedies help in relieving pain along with a speedy recovery:
- Take it easy: If you have a busy and hectic life, then take it easy. Living with cervical disc diseases can lead to an increase in the neck pain; thus cutting down on activities helps. A comfortable position should be observed while resting. If need be then a pillow can be placed under the neck.
- Apply Cold/Heat Pack: There is always a confusion regarding whether a cold or a hot pack is to be used. The recommendation is to use ice or cold pack for the first 24 to 48 hours of the injury, so that the swelling subsides. This should then be followed by hot fermentation in order to improve the muscle stiffness and also loosen them. But in case of a cervical disc disease neither cold nor heat penetrates the tissue to relieve inflammation, so it is best to use the one which feels better. Whichever, pack is chosen it should only be used for 20 minutes and then left for 40 minutes. Take care and do not use ice or heat directly against the skin.
- Stretch: Stretching exercises should be done in order to improve the flexibility and relieve pain in the neck. Exercises can be performed after warming up of the muscles by a warm towel or bath. Here are a few simple stretches for cervical disc disease that you can do at home:
- Move the neck: As per the study by the American Medical Association, women who had neck pain got relief when they did exercises using light weight and resistance bands. This increased their endurance and strength of the neck muscles. Also, 30 minutes of exercise in the form of biking, walking, swimming, and biking is recommended to improve the blood flow.
- Maintain the posture of the neck: A bad posture can cause a neck pain. Every time while standing, sitting, walking, lifting the posture should be kept in mind. The head and neck should be kept straight and the back should be supported in order to avoid neck pains.
I am 20 year old male and I have RA from 10 year before. My both knees and ankle started swelling, my right knee is severely swelled. So sir what kind of diet and treatment should I take now? It has initiated after taking banana and bread on 5th June 2015 and now my previous Ayurvedic medicines are not responding, I am so frustrated please help me.
Hello Dr. I'm facing lower back pain issues most of the time. Its like making so sick sometimes that I can't even walk with holding side walls. Usually it might be clear in 2hours or sometimes it could be till a day. Help me out doc how may I make this solved/vanish from my daily life.
I have pain in my legs from six months. When I walking then no pain. But when I am sitting the pain gets started.
I am 50 year old male a diabetic having a problem in my middle finger of both hands when I bend there is sort of locking unable to fully bend my finger it pains when bending this is happening since 6 months .
Hello, this is rahul sharma, I am having backache since last 3 days. This backache is growing more with time. Let me give you a view of it when I stand for a long time say 2 to 3 hour automatically the pain starts. Can you tell me how do I solve the problem?
I am a 56 yrs old, male. I have diabetes (hereditary) and high blood pressure. Diabetes is around two old. Pressure is under control. Presently my feet (both), at the toe end, the under sloe below the toes get swelled up and numb, also the toes get numb. This has happened when my diabetes reading had gone upto 230. It later came down to 150. But the swelling and numbness still persist. Presently, I am taking, glycomet? 500 sr, diabetone pn, euglim 1. What is your view.
I have a bone (haglund's syndrome) projection in back of my foot. Can it be cured? if I lift weight (more than 20kgs) my foot will pain. If I climb steps, it will pain.
A shoulder dislocation is a shoulder injury which is characterized by the upper arm bone popping out of the socket of your shoulder blade. The shoulder joint is the most mobile among all the joints in the body, making it the most prone to dislocation. The dislocation of the shoulder joint can either be partial or complete depending on the injury. In a partial dislocation, the head of the upper arm is partially shifted out of the socket whereas in a complete dislocation, the head comes out of the socket in its entirety.
The symptoms of shoulder dislocation are:
Swelling or bruising of the affected area.
Excruciating pain in the shoulder region.
Mobility of the joint is greatly reduced.
Apart from these symptoms, there may be tingling, numbness and weakness in the affected region.
There can be multiple ways in which a shoulder can be dislocated because of its ability to move and swing in all the directions. The fibrous tissues that connect the bones of your shoulder may also get stretched or torn. These injuries occur due to a sudden blow or a strong force exerted on the shoulder joint.
It is caused by:
Trauma to the Shoulder Joint: Hard blows to the shoulder joint such as one suffered from a vehicle accident can lead to shoulder dislocation.
Sports Injuries: In contact sports such as hockey and football, the sudden forceful contractions of the shoulder region may lead to dislocation of the shoulder.
Falls: Tripping or falling from an elevated place and landing on the shoulder can cause shoulder joint dislocation.
The treatments for shoulder dislocation are –
Medication: Medications such as pain relievers can be prescribed by the doctor to reduce pain.
Surgery: Surgery of the shoulder joint can help in treating chronic shoulder dislocations. Surgery is also required if the blood vessels or the nerves along the shoulder joint are damaged.
- Immobilization: This process involves attaching a sling or a splint to the affected area to prevent it from moving. This allows the shoulder joint to heal and recuperate faster.