Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. MahendraYour feedback matters!
I am a 56 year old and have upper back stiffness and pain for the last 20 years. MRI and x rays show 12 degree scoliosis to the left. What to do ?
My knee was struck with a bat before 5 or 6 days. It was all right but now it started paining. What is the reason?
I am suffering calcaneal spur, it's very painful I can't walk properly since one week, Tablets given are Tab corcium and Acenac p but no relief please suggest something I'm.
Gout: a brief idea: In the simplest of words gout can be defined as the inflammation of joints due to continuous accretion of urate crystals. An excess of uric acid can make a person suffer from gout. There could be a higher percentage of uric acid in a person's blood due to two chief reasons; an inept excretory system that fails to rid your body of surplus acid and also greater production of the acid. Arthritis is of three kinds; gout is one of those three. Homeopathy is known for its efficacy in treating gout.
Homeopathic remedies for gout:
- Urtica urens can cure gout: This homeopathic medicine is prescribed by a professional practitioner if the person is susceptible to cold. Urtica urens can work on a patient if he or she is allergic to snow, air, touch and water. Hive like eruptions on your ankles, wrists, and shoulders can be treated through regular consumption of this medication.
- Ledum can relieve you of pain: A painful, swollen area that develops on the small joints such as the joints of your toe fingers can be cured with the use of Ledum. The sensation of shooting pain in your limbs or feet can also be dealt with Ledum. Apart from that swollen small joints can be given momentary respite by falling back upon the cold compression therapy. Patients are advised to take this medicine if they exhibit intolerance to external warmth.
- Lycopodium is effective on sore joints: Chalky deposits of urate can be found in a person's knees. This results in chronic gout. Chronic gout has symptoms like limited urination. The urine may or may not have red sediments. People have also been reported with symptoms like extreme backache. Lycopodium successfully cures cases of unceasing gout.
- Try out benzoic acid for a big toe: If your gout is accompanied by stinking yellow urine you probably need Benzoic acid. Gout could be so severe that it might result in a stiff limb. In certain cases it makes a person limp. The thumb of your feet might get swollen making you have a big toe. A big toe usually kills you with tearing pain.
- Arnica deals with bruises: Arnica is your go to solution in case of a throbbing, stinging pain in any part of the body. This medication is a cherished answer to aches in every household. When gout is tender and it hinders free movement, this medicine comes to your aid. The medicine also heals bruised eruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Hii my age is 19 n I was not getting sleep at night n I have tired so many of the ways but no use, I have an another problem that I was getting rarely neck pains I don't know why I was getting can help me to solve this health problems.
I have neck pain from last many years it's not curable even after having many tables prescribed by many doctors. Is there any other solution for it?
Heel spur occurs when there is a growth or a hook formation under the heel. This is formed by calcium deposits. This process is a long drawn process and it takes time for calcium deposits to cause a heel spur in a person. In fact, such a condition can also be triggered by a sprain or a tear in the ligament. Heel spurs are very common in athletes who regularly run, jog or kick using their heel strength a lot. Heel spurs can be treated with the help of physiotherapy. With sports injuries, the first form of treatment which is tried out is physiotherapy. Though it heals and is very much treatable, the healing period might be a long one and the process might be painful for some.
Symptoms of a Heel Spur:
Interestingly, the excessive calcium growth itself does not cause any pain in the individual suffering from this disease. It is in fact, the inflammation caused in the muscle due to the heel spur, which makes a person experience tremendous pain during this period. One also feels constant irritation along with pain. It has been noticed that the pain is not constant, but rather irregular. It might pain in the morning and subside throughout the day, if less stress is put on the heel. Then again, it might increase when you walk, run or jog for a long time.
Treatments For Heel Spur:
To treat a heel spur, the specific cause and origins need to be known to the medical practitioners of the physiotherapists. Also, if medicines need to be prescribed, then a medical history of the patient including any specific long-term medications or allergies are taken special note of. Most importantly, an X-Ray is taken to rule out all other forms of diseases and to confirm that it is indeed a heel spur.
After properly confirming the cause and the disease, specific treatment is started on the individual. Treatments would include reducing the inflammation to reduce pain, strapping of the heel to reduce movement and pressure, thereby giving time to heal and even prolonged periods of rest with exercises. Insoles are also tried out to provide relief to the heels and make the extra growth diminish its presence. Slow mobilisation of the patient is an absolute must, but care is taken that it does not cause too much stress on the feet.