Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. MahendraYour feedback matters!
I have a back problem because I usually lift more weight daily. Please can you give me some appropriate medicine to cure this.
I am suffering from gout from last 1 year I had tried Ayurvedic medicine also but due to which many motion occur please give a permanent medication.
My husband is 53 years of age. He has a constant pain in the back, neck and right leg. He is diebetic. Please suggest what can be done for the pain?
I do have a back pain for 3-4 days. It starts paining when I remain stand for some time, or remain sited. I have some problem in past while lifting heavy weight. What should I do? please do tell I can't even stand for 10-15 minutes.
I am 25 years old and I am suffer problem of cervical and hypertension. What can I do now please tell me?
I am 25 years old. I work in accounts so continuously I am to work in tally. Regularly I feel tired, backpain, sleeping. Please help me. What do I do?
I am 29 year old male. I have lower back pain problem from 4-5 year a have done x-ray many times but doctor says that it looks normal they give me medicine some time it gives me relief, after some time it again pain. So please give me advise for it.
Hello sir, I am 34 years old. I have a problem of back pain from when I was about 16 years old. Now a days even I am getting more pain when I even stay 1 minute in fan as well as in the cold and sometimes if I do the weight lifting, can you please tell me why it happens to me?
A painful, common condition that affects the lower part of the spine is termed as back pain. It is mostly caused by strain (muscle injury) or sprain (ligament injury). Some other causes include poor posture, improper lifting, fracture, infrequent exercise, arthritis or a ruptured disk. Usually, pain in the lower back is the only symptom.
Conventional treatment for back pain often includes
2. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
3. Weight control
If these treatments fail, then the only option left is surgery. Either discectomy (surgical procedure to relieve pressure in the disc by removing the gel-like substance in the disc) or foraminotomy (surgical procedure to expand the gaps through which the nerves pass) is performed.
However, conventional therapy usually has side-effects and only manages to suppress the problem, not cure it. If you seek a cure, Ayurveda is an excellent option. Usually, Ayurvedic remedies are non-invasive, natural and can be arranged at home.
Here are some great Ayurvedic treatments:
1. According to the principles of Ayurveda, imbalance in the doshas can lead to problems in the body. The goal of Ayurveda is to balance the doshas and heal the body from the inside. So a lot of Ayurvedic treatments comprise of foods that need to be consumed for the body to heal. For example, you can blend wheat, coriander powder, khuskhus powder and milk together, boil it for twenty minutes and then consume it at room temperature. This will relieve your pain.
2. Another thing you can do is fry garlic in coconut oil and then use the oil to massage over the affected areas on your back.
3. To restore the damaged dosha, daily purgation is suggested.
4. Practicing Yoga can go a long way in managing your pain as well. In Ayurveda, pain is seen as a result of exerting yourself too much, either emotionally or physically. If your spine needs strength, your mind must be strong first of all. So, firstly, your mind needs balance before you can focus on the affected areas. When doing Yoga, start with easy postures such as back-bends. Consult a yoga therapist or teacher before you start doing any yoga posture.