Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahendra Mehta
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahendra MehtaYour feedback matters!
Calcium consumption is essential for bone development and maintenance throughout life, yet more than one half of the female population in the United States does not consume the recommended amount of calcium. Calcium intake is especially crucial during pregnancy and lactation because of the potential adverse effect on maternal bone health if maternal calcium stores are depleted. There is often a transient lowered bone mineral density and increased rate of bone resorption, with the greatest consequence during the third trimester and throughout lactation. Studies indicate that calcium consumption should be encouraged, especially during pregnancy and lactation, to replace maternal skeletal calcium stores that are depleted during these periods. Because the fetus in utero and the neonate through breast-feeding are dependent on maternal sources for the total calcium load, adequate maternal calcium intake also can affect fetal bone health positively. Proper calcium consumption can be attained through the diet by the consumption of dairy products or leafy greens (such as kale), the consumption of fortified foods, or by supplementation with widely available calcium-containing supplement products. Because many women experience heartburn during pregnancy, calcium-based antacids are ideal for providing heartburn relief, and they offer a calcium supplement to ensure maternal and fetal bone health, without the danger of adverse effects on the neonate.
I have a baby boy with 1 year 8 months old and his weight is only 8.4 kg (Birth weight 2.6). Before one month I recognized some irregularity in his walking and went for X ray and Blood test by a recommendation of a doctor. And diagnosed that his Vitamin D and Calcium values are very low (Vitamin D 19.9 and Calcium 6.8) and also he is affected with a mild form of rickets. At the same day started the medicine as one injection in two legs and vitamin d and calcium supplements are continuing. I am affected with chicken pox before 15 days of my delivery. Are these are connected? Anything to worry? Is it reversible? Also I have one more doubt to ask you, my baby is not taking any food by grating I am giving everything as semisolid form by using Spoon type feeding bottle. Is anything to worry regarding this? Is Semisolid food is okay for him? He is not interested in any food including chocolates. Please give me the proper solution.
My baby is 2 year old and every month I have to give him antibiotics due to his stomach infection he is breast feed baby till now. No outside milk given yet. Is there any solution other that antibiotics.
Sir my son is 7.5 months now. What kind of food does he have? Please tell me. Now he has a small tooth start. What happens when a teeth grows?
My daughter is 3 years old. And she's experiencing toothaches at her age. She have dental caries. Some says she is lack of calcium because when I'm still pregnant of her, I drink coffee instead of milk, and I don't take vitamins. Is it normal for her to have dental caries?
Hello, My child is 4 months old. Since he was almost one month old. His problem of cold and cough continues. I give him steam and nebulise him the saline solution. Almost every week. But he is still having that buzz buzz sound when he breathes. Dnt know if it could be problematic to have cold and cough continued for so long. I have been giving him oil massage everyday. But too worried. please help me what to do Thanks
While siblings are the force that breathes life into any family structure, it has also been seen as a challenge of sorts to manage siblings and bring out the best in each one of them. In any family unit, there are a number of entities who need to be nurtured in a certain way to ensure that their identities are not hampered by a "one size fits all" style of parenting. Every child is different and will need to be handled differently. Besides this, there are other related challenges that will contribute to the quality of the relationships between the siblings, as well as the rivalry that they may feel towards each other when it comes to attention, achievements and varied other factors.
Read on to know the ten tips to tackle sibling rivalry:
- Make Friends before Birth: encourage your first born to connect even before the birth of the new baby by including him or her in the changes you see and feel. Planning for the new baby with your first born will also help in such cases.
- Staying positive is a big factor that will help the children in feeling confident despite their different qualities and strengths.
- Comparison is a big no no. Stay away from these kind of comparisons so that the children do not feel like they have to fight with each other for your praise.
- Time Sharing: Ensure that you divide your time well and indulge each child in his or her area of interest so that they feel like you are always there for each of them.
- Harmonious Start to the day: this will ensure that the children have a special bond at the end of the day. Make sure that they help each other and divide chores accordingly. The older siblings should be given the care giving tasks while the younger ones should be taught to obey them and play along.
- Humour them: It is a known fact that humour is the best medicine that breaks even the most tension filled atmosphere.
- Family Meetings: Hold family meetings to discuss important things and even intense fights so that everyone's needs and issues are addressed.
- Empathy: Teaching your child to empathize with others will help him or her steer clear of needless rivalry at home too.
- Ignore the Small: Let them figure out the smaller fights, yet always be there to address the bigger issues so that they know you are there for them.
- Equal Treatment: Treating them equally does not mean doing the same thing for each of them. It means giving them equal time and attention with personalized treatment to suit varied temperaments. This will also give them a lot of individual confidence which eventually kills any feelings of rivalry.