Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MahanteYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. my friend is suffering from high blood pressure he is taking the tablets from one year lose H in the morning and amedop AT in the night the prescription is given by the doctor whether it is necessary to take two tablets a day and how many days to take tablets please guide him now his BP is normal. Thank you.
I have pain in my chest I don't know the reason for it sometimes it starts bleeding then get worse I have shown it to many doctors but it was of no use. I don't know if you have any medical help for it. If you have any medical help for it please help me by giving your useful suggestions to me so that I can be free from this pain. PLEASE HELP ME FROM THIS PAIN. Help help help me help help help help.
Recently my Blood Pressure was checked &recorded 175/100. After medication (2.5 mg OD) it reduced to 150/100. Now 3/4 times a day while walking/standing I feel giddiness or reeling which stands for 5/10 minutes and vanishes automatically. Please advice how to maintain smooth BP & normal health. Please . Suggest suitable diet.
Sir, mujhe left side chest me pain rhta h bht salo se, x-ray evg sb reports normal h, doctor ne kha tha ki muscles pain h, painkiller lelo or sath me balm lgalo, bt ab 3-4 dino se pain continues h inhale exhale krte hue nd hilte hue bhi pain hota h, what to do.
I am 46 years old lady and I generally suffers from high and low blood pressure. My bp is controlled only by medicines. What should I du.
I am 52 years old I have lots of health issues I underwent a ASD closure in 1993 I suffer from diabetic hypertension vitiam d deficiency went into menopause at the age of 46 I am on medication gemer 1 rancil 5 rozavel 5 telma 40 mg bio 3 but still I suffer from server body and get a lots of cramps in my hands will sleeping even in my sleeping I csn feel this terrible pain in my whole body can you suggest for any treatment.
I am a 21 year old male, I have a problem of losing hair, also I having a pain in my chest left side close to heart. Sometime I have a problem to breath.
Most families refer to their newborn baby as their 'bundle of joy'. The news of a child being born brings immense joy to the entire family. However, due to various reasons, a child could be born with some medical abnormalities, which would be known as congenital abnormalities. There are several different types of heart defects that can be congenital. These usually manifest themselves either immediately after birth or in the early years of life. In some cases, the abnormality could be detected on prenatal ultrasounds. In others, it may not be and the family could be caught off guard about the condition. This causes a lot of stress, both for the child, who does not receive regular postnatal care and for the parents immediately after the delivery process.
If the baby has the following symptoms within the first few hours of life, there could be a serious underlying condition, which requires medical attention. The presence and severity of the symptoms would depend on the actual abnormality.
- The skin is pale gray or blue in color due to excessive venous flow in the system
- Excessive sweating
- The child is exerting to breathe regularly
- Rapid breathing causes added load on the heart accompanied by a grunting noise
- Flared nostrils i.e. the baby attempts to take in more oxygen with each breath causes flared nostrils
- Swollen legs, eyes, and abdomen: Fluid retention in the legs and abdomen is quite common, and this could be characteristic of newborns with congenital heart disease
- Shortness of breath, even during feeding
- Clubbed fingernails
- Lethargy and low energy, even with feeding, therefore very poor feeding pattern
- Chest pain, which may cause the newborn to cry incessantly
- Low weight gain, as they feed less
In some children, symptoms manifest only during the teenage years or early adulthood. These conditions are not very severe and the symptoms include:
- Swelling of the hands, feet, and ankles due to fluid accumulation
- Lowered energy levels, leading to easy fatigue
- Shortness of breath with even minimal physical activity
- Inability to exercise
- Developmental delays and changes in growth milestones
- Recurrent respiratory tract infections including sinus infections, bronchitis, and pneumonia
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Heart failure, where the heart is not able to effectively function and pump blood to all parts of the body.
Some or more of these symptoms should trigger a warning to get the child tested for congenital heart disease. While some would just require a monitoring until severe symptoms develop, severe conditions like holes, abnormal valves, narrowed arteries, and blood vessel abnormalities might require immediate intervention. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.