Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. MahanteYour feedback matters!
I used to have sudden sharp chest pain under my left chest once in every 3 months which used to last for less than 5 minutes .some two weeks back I got caught by cold which which started with fever and lasted less than two days but soon after that I started coughing I even consulted a doctor who prescribed me some medicines .I am having those medicines but last night I again felt some sharp pain under my left chest although the intensity of the pain dropped down a bit .but it's still there has also spread to my left shoulder what should I do? Pls help! I would be grateful to you.
Hello docotr my age is 31 years I done whole body checkup my lipid frofile is triglycerides r 281h mg/ dl or vldl is 56; 20h mg/ dl & hdl ratio is 4; 48h h orlft m sgot/ast 59h or sgpt / alt 55h gamma gt 92h iu/l h or kft serum creatinine is 1; 23h mg/dl or serum uric acid 9; 5 mg/dl anemia studies m red cell distribution width (rdw) is 15; 5 % or mch is 31.6h picogram h sir or lymphocyte is 41.5h % or eosinophil is 7.8h % h sir please my request is to advice me & give me full details please.
I an suffering from dry cough from last one week. It's pain in my chest when I cough hard. Can you suggest my what should be done? Thanks.
I am 18 year old male and have many type of acne like -1. Black headed acne on my forehead, chicks, and some on chest. 2. White headed acne on my chicks and neck. 3. Sometime pustules are also appear on my chick and chest. I am not able to tolerate that acne any more I am so much tired from it since almost 1 year. Please help me for curing my face and other part from acne.
Actually my heart beat was very speed than the normal speed like any thing will put in my chest that will vibrate. Please advise.
Hello doctor! I am 44 yrs. Old female suffering from hypothyroid for the last 5 yrs. Tsh level was 7.4 and I was taking thyronorm 50mcg my periods were still irregular though tsh came down to 2.4 but now since I did not have my periods in last 6 months I went to a homeopath doctor who gave me some medicine and I had periods twice in one month. So I discontinued thyronorm thinking it was the reason of no periods. I skipped it for 2 months. There were no periods in these 2 months. Then I got tsh checked and it went up to 40. Now my doctor has advised me 100mcg of thyronorm. Have taken it for 1 month, still have to get blood test done. No periods yet. Symptoms: low energy level, tired, body pain, depressed, joint pain etc. Please advise thanks
I am 42 yrs old. My recent lipid profile test are as follows- total cholestrol-203, hdl cholestrol direct-35, triglycerides-255, tc/hdl cholestrol ratio-5. 9, vldl cholestrol-51 and lipoprotein-89. 3 and 25-oh vitamin d(total) 9. 59 and blood element analysis profile hematocrit(pvc)39. 48, mcv-106. 5, mchc-27, rdw-sd -64. 7, rdw-cv-16. 3, pdw-19. 29, mpv-13. 3, platelet count-120. What disease I am suffering from? and what should I do? please help. There is no good doctor in my locality. I am also suffering from back pain and e. D. Please suggest
Chest pain may be caused by multiple problems within the body and while being a problem in itself, may also be a symptom of a bigger underlying problem. Chest pain may be caused by anything from simple chest congestion due to a cold to something far more serious such as the onset of a heart attack. While it is important that life style changes be made to prevent major issues, homeopathy can provide relief for many symptoms till extensive medical steps are taken to correct the problem.
Some causes of chest pain
2. Onset of a heart attack
4. Weakness of the arteries
5. Weakness of the heart muscle
8. Chest congestion or cold
Symptoms associated with chest pain
- Stable angina – Vice like constriction or choking, pain may be spread to right or left arm or both, dyspnoea before pain.
- Unstable angina – Chest pain occurs at rest.
- Pericarditis – Pain radiates to the left side of the shoulder which gets worse by lying in a flat position.
- Pneumothorax – Severe chest pain along with shortness of breath, cyanosis, restlessness and collapse.
- Pneumonia – Sharp pain which, gets worse by taking deep breath and coughing.
- Pulmonary embolism – Short rapid breathing, sharp pain in middle of the chest that is worse by deep breathing.
- Gastroesophagial reflux disease – Difficult painful swallowing, pain in the middle of chest which, extends to neck, back and shoulders.
- Myocardial – Vomiting, dyspnoea features of shock, profuse sweating, fever, low blood pressure, pulse small rapid and irregular
Homeopathic remedies for various kinds of chest pain
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which a patient is suffering.
The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat chest pain, but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility of the patient. For this patient’s current symptoms, past medical history and family history are taken into account. There are many homeopathic remedies which cover the symptoms of chest pain and can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the pain. For individualized remedy selection and treatment of chest pain, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. In medical emergencies like myocardial infarction and pulmonary embolism, immediate hospitalization is usually required. Some important remedies are given below for the treatment of chest pain:
- Arnica mont. – Chest pain with sore and bruised feeling.
- Ranunculus b. – Good remedy for intercostal rheumatism, sharp stitching pain in the chest along with dyspnoea.
- Kali carb. – Stitching pain in the chest, which gets worse between 2-3 A.M
- Actea racemosa. – Pain worse on the right side.
- Bryonia – Chest pain is of stitching, burning and stabbing in nature, is worse by motion and better by rest and pressure. Thirst for large quantities of water and dryness of mucous membranes often accompanies.
- Rumex c. – Sharp stitching pain through the left lung, often with cough.
- Stannum – Knife like stitches, worse on bending forward and left side.
- Phosphorus – Violent tickling cough, chest pain due to tuberculosis of lungs or pneumonia along with oppression of the chest.
- Aconite – Chest pain due to pneumonia of first stage along with anxiety and restlessness.
- Robinia – Burning pain behind sternum due to hyperacidity.
- Strophanthus – Chest pain is of stitching and twitching in nature and often of cardiac origin. If you wish to discuss about any spIfecific problem, you can consult a homeopath.