Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahana Sharif
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Mahana SharifYour feedback matters!
Shingles is a type of skin infection that results in rashes on certain parts of the body. It is characterized by a single stripe of blisters that may occur on either side of the body. The varicella-zoster virus that causes chickenpox is also responsible for causing shingles. Once you have had chickenpox, the virus remains in a dormant state in the body. If the virus gets reactivated, it might cause shingles.
The symptoms of shingles are:
- You may experience sensations of numbness and burning on the affected area
- The affected area may be sensitive to touch
- Symptoms of red rashes on the body
- Blisters that are filled with fluid
- Bursting of blisters and crusting
- You may experience fever and headaches
- You may have difficulties in vision
The first symptom of shingles is the pain that results from the rash. In some cases, rashes may occur around the eyes.
Shingles is caused by the virus that is responsible for chickenpox. After lying dormant for certain period of time, the virus may get reactivated and travel through the nerve pathways on the skin. This is more likely to happen if your immunity level is somehow affected, which makes it easier for the body to get infected.
Shingles may result in certain complications in the body such as:
- Vision loss: Shingles, if present around the eyes, may lead to infections in the eye causing vision problems.
- Post herpetic neuralgia: In some cases, the pain that occurs from shingles may continue well after the infection has subsided.
- Neurological complications: Shingles may cause inflammation in various nerves, resulting in neurological disorders such as facial paralysis and balance problems.
- Infections in the skin: Shingles may also cause infections on the skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If am diabetic and physically active. And having bsl/hba1c within normal limits then should I can stop medicine and manage. Only on exercise and diet.
Hi Meri age 50+ h or mujhe kanch ya guda niklne ki problem(piles) hai 5 min b mai khda ni rh skta .because skin kafi loose ho gyi h .please suggest me.
With viral fever on the rise it is advisable to prevent yourself against dengue and chikungunya. Dengue is caused by a family of viruses that are transmitted by mosquitoes. It is an acute illness of sudden onset that usually symptoms such as headache, fever, exhaustion, severe muscle and joint pain, swollen lymph nodes, and rash. The presence of fever, rash, and headache is particularly characteristic of dengue.
Most common symptoms of dengue are:
Symptoms, which usually begin four to six days after infection and last for up to 10 days, may include
- Sudden, high fever
- Severe headaches
- Pain behind the eyes
- Severe joint and muscle pain
- Skin rash, which appears two to five days after the onset of fever
- Mild bleeding (such a nosebleed, bleeding gums, or easy bruising)
Prevention against dengue fever:
- Stay away from heavily populated residential areas, if possible.
- Use mosquito repellents, even indoors.
- When outdoors, wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants tucked into socks.
- When indoors, use air conditioning if available.
- Make sure window and door screens are secure and free of holes. If sleeping areas are not screened or air conditioned, use mosquito nets.
Role of homeopathy in treating dengue:
Homeopathy treat the person as a whole. It means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individual examination and case analysis which includes the medical history of the patient physical & mental constitution, family history, presenting symptoms, underlying pathology etc. A homeopathic doctor tries to treat more than just the presenting symptoms. The focus is not on curing the disease, but to cure the person who is sick; to restore for health. If a disease pathology is not very advanced homeopathic remedies to give a hope for cure; even in incurable case the quality of life can be greatly improved with homeopathic medicines. Homeopathic medicine help to increase the platelet count and immunity of the patient. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!