Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Mahana SharifYour feedback matters!
Hi I am HCV positive since Oct, 2013, that time my viral load was log 6.91. In Oct, 2014 my viral load was reduce log 6.1. But Now in Sept, 2015 my viral load shoots up to log 8.5. My other reports from 2013 were normal (LFT, sonography, bioscopy). I haven't stared any Interferon, Ribavirin or any treatment yet. Please guide.
Sir I am diabetic detected 2 years back. My fasting is 85 and pp is 140-160 average. I am taking no medicine and avoids all diabetic food. Earlier I have asked the same question, you have suggested for Hba1c, which I got report yesterday an it is 6.5. Shall I need any medication. Please suggest.
Hello doctors, I am 29 years old and my husband age 44. Two days before MY period end and yesterday we did unprotected sex, is it safe few days? MY husband did not like to use condoms so what the best birth control method for me in this age? Please help. Thank You.
My father today admit in ils hospital in tripura. .He have sugar patient. .He regularly take ges. pressure. and sugar tablet. since todays he felling some pain in his upper chest side. Today it's conditions to bigger. He can't control chest pain. In 4 pm he felt his since. Immediately I am admitting him ils doctor says his heart beat so low 22 only. Please tell.
I am 35 year old male from Jaipur, 9 month ago I have admitted into hospital with blood in stool and pain in right abdomen after checkup and colonoscopy doctor said I have ulcers in ileum and they have take the biopsy the result of biopsy is moderate chronic inflammation no granuloma seen. Then doctor said it might be can TB inflammation or IBD and doctor started ATT for 9 months now I have complete 9 month of TT but my lower right side abdomen pain is still not cure.
I am having a throat pain in my internal neck. Maybe due to cold. So what should I do to reduce my pain. Please help.
Hello sir/madam I am 25 yrs old. Jab mai 10 th class mai thi to meri left hand ki kalai pe gaath thi. or kabhi kam ho jati to kabhi or bad jati. Maine Dr. Ko dikhaya to o bole ke yeh normal tumhara hai. Ise ghabrane ka koi karan nh. Agr operation karte bhi hai to. Yah fir se wapis aa sakta hai. Kuch din bad o apne aap hi kam hogyi, abhi same waisi hi gathh dusre right hand ke kahi pe aayi hai. X-ray bhi karavaya. tumour specialist ko bhi dikhya unka yahi kahna hai ki oprestion karne ke bad bhi firse aane ke chance hai. Abhi to kahlyi mai gaath nh hai. Par dard hota hai. Agr mai kuch kam karu jaise basket uthau to bhi dard hota hai. Jada bhari saman nh utha sakti. please Dr. please help me yeh dard kam karne ke liye koi upay bataye.
Hi sir I have been suffering from fever from last 4 days. My potty is not clear and even also suffering from gas trouble. I can not bath in the because because I got cold and again symptoms of fever started. Last night I have eaten 2 big big banana due to which I am getting problem in my stomach. And my urine colour is yellow also. My potty colour is little bit yellow. And I am having problem of loose motion also. And I am having little headache problem also. When I came from exam my head start paining. It stops when I listen song with headphone in full volume.
Can I take jinga gold pills to enhance my sex performance .they advertised it as natural drug which is very helpful to improve sex duration. Let me whether it is useful or whether it ll cause me health problems ?
I am 25 year male. I am having feeling my back stressed most of time since almost 2 months. And almost from the same time I having some pain at exit point of anus after having done with stool that pain will last for 10-15 mins. I wnet to the doctor for the pain he gave me ointment it works well but sometimes it still pains. And from I am feeling like some what weak as whenever I am climbing stairs my heart beat becomes slightly higher and feeling exhaust some time whenever I go out. I do not know this is happing because of anxiety or is it really a problem.
Hi am 22 and height is 5 4 weight 48 kgs since 2 months I have this problem and no other health problems. I do not take any medicines no allergy. Neither I drink nor I smoke I do not take drugs I have only constipation problem nothing else.
Respected sir/mam 3 years ago I have passed with a serious problem that my stool was not passed 6 day continuously. Then I consulted to doctor but he gave me some lubrication BT it does not affected me. Then after getting so serious I came to know about kayam churna and with that only my stool get passed. Till that day I have same problem of daily constipation Please sir help me. My life quality become worst.
What are the care factors to be adopted after 2nd Heart attack and angioplasty. I am also suffering from Diabetics and Blood pressure. I am a female age 50 years.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a chronic digestive disease. GERD occurs when stomach acid or occasionally, stomach content, flows back into your food pipe (esophagus). The backwash (reflux) irritates the lining of your esophagus and causes GERD.
Both acid reflux and heartburn are common digestive conditions that many people experience from time to time. When these signs and symptoms occur at least twice each week or interfere with your daily life, or when your doctor can see damage to your esophagus, you may be diagnosed with GERD.
Complications associated with GERD:
Over time, chronic inflammation in your esophagus can lead to complications, including:
- Narrowing of the esophagus (esophageal stricture): Damage to cells in the lower esophagus from acid exposure leads to formation of scar tissue. The scar tissue narrows the food pathway, causing difficulty swallowing.
- An open sore in the esophagus (esophageal ulcer): Stomach acid can severely erode tissues in the esophagus, causing an open sore to form. The esophageal ulcer may bleed, cause pain and make swallowing difficult.
- Precancerous changes to the esophagus (Barrett's esophagus): In Barrett's esophagus, the tissue lining the lower esophagus changes. These changes are associated with an increased risk of esophageal cancer. The risk of cancer is low, but your doctor will likely recommend regular endoscopy exams to look for early warning signs of esophageal cancer.
Tips to Manage GERD:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Excess pounds put pressure on your abdomen, pushing up your stomach and causing acid to back up into your esophagus. If your weight is healthy, work to maintain it. If you are overweight or obese, work to slowly lose weight - no more than 1 or 2 pounds (0.5 to 1 kilogram) a week. Ask your doctor for help in devising a weight-loss strategy that will work for you.
- Avoid tight-fitting clothing: Clothes that fit tightly around your waist put pressure on your abdomen and the lower esophageal sphincter.
- Avoid foods and drinks that trigger heartburn: Everyone has specific triggers. Common triggers such as fatty or fried foods, tomato sauce, alcohol, chocolate, mint, garlic, onion, and caffeine may make heartburn worse. Avoid foods you know will trigger your heartburn.
- Eat smaller meals: Avoid overeating by eating smaller meals.
- Elevate the head of your bed: If you regularly experience heartburn at night or while trying to sleep, put gravity to work for you. Elevate your bed
- Don't smoke: Smoking decreases the lower esophageal sphincter's ability to function properly.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gastroenterologist and ask a free question.