Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MahalakshmiYour feedback matters!
After how many weeks fetal heart beat can be recognized. My cousin is currently at 6th week undergone for scan, unfortunately heart beat not recognised on fetal.
गाजर का जूस रोज पिएं। तन की दुर्गध दूर भगाने में यह कारगर है।
सर्दियों के मौसम में डाइट में बहुत बदलाव आ जाता है। इस सीजन में हमें विटामिन व न्यूट्रिशंस से भरपूर कई चीजें खाने को मिलती हैं और गाजर भी इन्हीं में से एक है। इसमें विटामिन और मिनरल्स बहुत मात्रा में मिलते हैं। डाइटीशन के मुताबिक, गाजर बेहद फायदेमंद होता है। इसमें विटामिन ए, विटामिन बी, सी, कैल्शियम और पैक्टीन फाइबर होता है, जो कॉलेस्ट्रोल का लेवल बढ़ने नहीं देता।
आप गाजर इस तरह ले सकते हैं :
रोजाना गाजर का जूस लेने से आपको सर्दी व जुकाम नहीं होगा। गाजर का जूस बॉडी की इम्यूनिटी बढ़ाने का काम करता है और इससे आप जर्म्स व इंफेक्शन वगैरह होने से बचे रहते हैं।
गाजर में विटामिन ए और सी होता है। इसके अलावा, इसमें प्रचुर मात्रा में मिनरल व सिलिकॉन होते हैं, जिससे आपकी आंखों की रोशनी अच्छी रहती है।
गाजर का जूस स्किन को साफ रखता है और चेहरे पर चमक भी आती है।
अगर आप अपने बच्चे को दूध पिलाती हैं, तो गाजर दूध की मात्रा बढ़ाने में सहायक है।
आपको गाजर से कई विटामिन व मिनरल्स मिलते हैं। इसमें एंटीऑक्सिडेंट बीटा कैरोटिन, अल्फा कैरोटिन, कैल्शियम, विटामिन ए, बी1, बी2, सी और ई भी है। एंटीऑक्सिडेंट से स्किन में चमक आती है।
जिन लोगों को हड्डियों वगैरह की तकलीफ है, उन्हें डाइट में गाजर जरूर लेनी चाहिए। इससे आपकी बॉडी में कैल्शियम की मात्रा बढ़ेगी और आपकी बॉडी इस तरह मिलने वाले कैल्शियम को जल्दी ऑब्जर्ब करेगी। अगर आप कॉपर, आयरन, मैग्नीशियम, फॉस्फोरस और सल्फर वगैरह की टेबलेट लेते हैं, तो उससे बेहतर है कि आप गाजर खाएं।
गाजर के फायदे :
इससे इम्यूनिटी सिस्टम मजबूत होता है।
स्किन को सन डैमेज से राहत मिलती है।
दिल से जुड़ी बीमारियां कम होती हैं।
ब्लड प्रेशर नॉर्मल रहता है।
मसल्स स्ट्रॉन्ग बनती हैं और स्किन हेल्दी होती है।
अनीमिया से बचाव रहता है।
एक्ने कम होते हैं।
आंखों की बीमारियों कम होती हैं
Stem cells are the basic building blocks of our body. They are found in the blood, tissues, organs and immune system. These powerful stem cells are found in umbilical cord blood. They have a remarkable ability to regenerate themselves and differentiate into specialized cells, thus they can replace diseased cells and can be used for the treatment of life threatening diseases.
What is umbilical cord and why is it so awesome?
Throughout the pregnancy, the umbilical cord functions as a lifeline between mother and baby. It carries rich nutrients, oxygenated blood from placenta to the developing baby through the umbilical vein. The baby in turn pumps nutrient-depleted, deoxygenated blood back to the placenta through umbilical arteries. Yes it’s reverse! Umbilical cord is a rich source of cord blood and cord tissue stem cells. Stem cells have a unique ability to differentiate into functional cells which can help treat more than 80 diseases in the baby after birth. According to the WHO report, minimum 2000 Cord Blood Stem Cell Transplants are performed annually to cure diseases such as leukemia, sickle cell anemia, thalassaemia, cerebral palsy, myeloma, lymphoma and more. More than 35000 cord blood stem cell transplants have already been performed worldwide and 53% of cord blood transplants have been performed in children. (World Cord Blood Congress 2015 Report)
5 unique qualities that make umbilical cord blood banking so convenient and important.
Umbilical cord blood banking is the process of collecting and preserving your baby’s umbilical cord blood stem cells for future medical uses.
1. Collecting umbilical cord stem cells is a quick and easy procedure and painless for the mother and baby.
2. Stem cells from the umbilical cord blood are young and unexposed to the external environment, thus they can be transplanted with higher chances of acceptance in the patient body.
3. The therapeutic potential of umbilical cord stem cells is vast. These stem cells are already being used to treat more than 80 life threatening diseases.
4. Cord blood stem cells are genetically unique and exclusive. If your family has a history of complex diseases, like: Alzheimer's disease, Arthritis, Asthma, Heart disease and stroke, chances of your children inheriting them are higher. These life threatening diseases can be cured with cord blood. All the more reason why you should opt for preservation of cord blood stem cells.
5. Umbilical cord stem cells if preserved are readily available in case of emergency for the baby and family. This ensures that in situations of crisis, you wouldn't have to spend months or years finding a donor.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Which period during the menstrual cycle is contraceptive as in sex during those days will lead to pregnancy?
I have done sex many times without any condom but I didn't allow my sperm on my girlfriend's vagina does she gets pregnant.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy.
I'm 30 years, female. I have history of hypothyroidism. Lately I have started having pain in my knees, ankles, lower back, neck, groin. I got MRI done, thankfully nothing specific showed up. I'm taking calcium daily. Can you suggest something to change in my diet or some specific tests to be undertaken for any future precaution. I'm married but no kids yet.
I am 29 years old female I have missed periods this month Since 3 days passed of my date it's hasent come yet I'm tensed tht I'm pregnant. I am already having a child and I'm not ready for another one right now. Pls can you suggest me which pill I can take and which would be safe for my health and I can get easily in chemist.
We aborted our first unwanted pregnancy through Homeopathy medicines . After such months we planned and got pregnant again but after two months doctor explained for d&c coz doctor says baby is not growing through scanning . Is it now possible to get pregnant and born a baby . Suggest Pls .
Hi last mnth I had my missed abortion on 21st march now this mnth I should hv my periods but till date I am not down. Wat should I do should I consult doc or wait for some more time? please suggest.
I had sex on 3 december and took I pill on 5th I did not want pregnancy but its today that I experienced light bleeding and am having stomach ache I am worried what is it indicative of.
We all have issues in life which we want to resolve and feel happy and light again. What matters here is knowing how to skillfully deal with the problem rather than building up fears and anxiety around it.
Here are the two basic but extremely effective tactics to use to solve the issue before we let it take a larger form.
1. Write the issue down- we tend to worry about issue nonstop, even before sleeping. We want to get out of the situation but we don't know how. We even tend to worry about it a bit too much and out of helplessness, not knowing what to do, go into these vicious circles where it gets a little tough to come out of. We often tend to push painful emotions away, because we don't want to be in that situation, it hurts! we want to push it away as hard as possible and as soon as possible.
But just wait! take a step back and get to know what exactly you are worrying about. What is going on in the first place? you might first start from a very superficial level. Ex- I just broke up with my boyfriend. But try to do some free flow writing about the issue. Here are a few questions to help you start looking at the issue at a deeper level.
What is going on
How are you feeling about it
What hurt you the most
Why do you think all this happening? where do you think it all started from?
Which need of yours was being satisfied that has been cut off now? example: a girl who has recently experienced a break up says: what truly scares me about my break up is that I am scared to be independent; I need someone constantly supporting me.
How much were you truly responsible for what has happened and how much were others and other environmental factors contributing to the issue.
These are just few questions to get you started to explore the issue. Write whatever you feel like and whatever comes to your mind. Free flow writing about the issue will automatically lead you into different and interesting areas which you might not have even explored before. Try not being resistant to the idea of writing and approach it with a curious attitude.
2. Brainstorm- now that you have a better understanding about the issue, where it is probably coming from, what you should probably look at to resolve it, and also now that you feel less burdened, since it is all out on those papers, it is time to brainstorm the solution!
Remember here that every pain or suffering is temporary. There is always a way to make it better.
Pick up on the cues your mind has given you about how to resolve the issue or at least which areas to focus on, while writing down your issue. Write down the probable options you have to resolve your issue. For example- a worked up business man realizes that he is experiencing a burn out since he has stopped gyming. He realized this while addressing the question, where did it all start from. Now he realizes that gyming was extremely crucial to de-stress and resolves to make time for it again.
Reflecting on what worked for you earlier, or what helped you feel better earlier, would give you great insights into what you should probably do now.
The girl who broke up realizes that her main need was to have some constant support. Upon brainstorming if there were other ways this need can be fulfilled, she has realized that she has great friends and a lovely sister whom she can talk to, she also sees it as an opportunity to grow herself into a strong independent women.
3. Utilizing your resources to the fullest- when you brainstorm alternatives of what you should probably do, you will see that they lead you to very interesting resources. It is practically impossible to solve an issue if we don't have enough information and the right resources. Few of the easily available but unbelievably effective resources which have a large impact when implemented are listed below, in case they haven't struck you till now. These are such simple resources we often tend to overlook or underestimate.
Parents- just spending some time around them might make a huge difference to the way you are feeling. They are almost readily available for us, but we tend to just ignore it and choose to get locked away in our rooms and go on a ride again with our negative emotions. Instead just step towards them!
Friends- we are scared of looking vulnerable if we share our problems with our friends. We also tend to disguise the problem or give bits and pieces of it, because we feel telling what exactly is going on might make us look really vulnerable. All these could just be our assumptions. If these friends are close, exposing the vulnerable you, could even get you closer, and you can take a sigh of relief to finally put it out of you.
Hobbies- often people say, if my situation is better only then I can go and do what I like! it doesn't quite work that way. Hobbies help you de-stress by channeling your negative energy and replenishing you with positive energy, they empower you to face the issue. This is what is going to save you big time! simple things like watering the plants, sketching what is going on in your head or something creative, just coloring, etc. Prove to be great ways to help yourself feel better.
Social communities- it is great to be out there with like-minded people, or with people who might be experiencing the same thing as you. Just push yourself with that one first step and you just might be sorted!
Don't be afraid to seek out for help- everyone faces issues, everyone does! but a proactive person is the one who will be able to pull him/herself out of it and feel good and confident again. Prolonging things might make the pain turn into suffering. Seek help from a psychologist/ counselor when you need it. It is a great space to explore yourself and be mentally fit.
These are just few of the resources mentioned here. Now when you grab your pen and paper I am sure you will come up with a great list! figure out which resources work for you and keep your resource box ready to rescue you!
Hi am 25 years old. I have a small baby 5 months old. After my cesarean delivery am facing a lot of back pain issues, severely bad. It's been 5 months for surgery now but still facing lower back pain. Any solution..
I'm 28 years old female. I think i'm facing problem of white discharge. How'll I confirm that and what medicine have to take ?
Doctor I had sex before 2 weeks and now from two days I'm having blood clots (brown in color) from vagina, I just want to ask that is it a pregnancy symptoms or miscarriage? My last periods was on 13 feb16.
Health Tip - Frozen Shoulder
Frozen shoulder is a condition in which the shoulder is painful to move and movement is often completely restricted. In painful are the patient is able to move the arm away from the body up to a point at which pain starts and continues as the arm is moved further out. As soon as the arm moves out of the painful range the pain disappears and the arm can be moved normally until the arm is above the head.
Though the pain reduces over a period of 6 to 9 months the stiffness in the joint gradually increases. The characteristic features of frozen shoulder is that the pain subsides but the stiffness remains. It is because of the inflammation of the lining of the shoulder joint.
Treatment for frozen shoulder consists of pain
Killers physiotherapy and shoulder strengthening exercises, in cases with severe pain intra articular injection that is within the joint mainly done in the theatre, of injections of steroids gives instant relief but only to recur after some time. Arthroscopic surgery is another alternative when other methods fail to give adequate relief.