Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahadeva D MYour feedback matters!
My lower gums have receded leading to lose of strength of my teeth and gums. Is it possible to bring them up once again so that my teeth gets stronger.
Hi. Am 24years Female. I'm having problem with my tooth. I already did filling for one teeth, now other tooth are swelling and continuously blood is bleeding at the morning time and unable to eat sweet. Am planning to go for check on feb. Is it fine to wait that much time or immediate treatment is needed.
I had pain in my tooth since 5 days. and after taking medication it is not subsiding. What should I do now ?
Root canal was done on my right 2 molar 2 years back. Now the same is paining and the gums also pains. Please advise treatment.
Hello Doctor, I am 22 years old, my problem is I am getting bad smell from my mouth. I am not able to talk with my friends freely due to this. Kindly suggest me a medicine for this. Thanking you.
Sir/ma'am m suffering from mouth ulcers, it occurs frequently in my mouth, and it occurs only when I repeat masturbate or do sex! please tell me the solution.
Hi. I am feeling severe tooth pain when I drink cold water. What is the solution for getting rid of it ?
Oil pulling includes gargling oil around the mouth like a mouthwash. During oil pull you put a tablespoon of oil in your mouth and then rinse it around for 15 to 20 minutes. The advantage of doing this is, it decreases the measure of unsafe bacteria in the mouth. The microscopic organisms in the mouth create a biofilm on the teeth a thin layer that they use to stick to the surface. This is what we call ‘plaque’.
Having some plaque on your teeth is only normal. Yet, when it gets out of hand, it can bring about a wide range of issues, including bad breath, yellow teeth, gum aggravation, gingivitis and cavities. The way oil pulling works is basic. When you are gargling oil around your mouth, the bacteria get stuck in it and break down in the fluid oil.
Here is a step-by-step instruction for the procedure:
- Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of oil in your mouth. Natural sesame oil is generally used in oil pulling. It is also okay to go with natural coconut oil.
- Rinse for around 20 minutes. The oil will get thicker and smooth as it blends with the saliva during this time and it should to be velvety white while releasing. It will be twofold in volume during this time because of the salivation. It can be difficult to gargle for the full 20 minutes, but it is very effective.
- Spit the oil into a dustbin in case you have a septic framework. Do not spit into the sink. The oil may thicken and clog the pipes. Try not to swallow the oil as it is ideally full of bacteria, poisons and discharge that are currently not in the mouth.
- Wash well with warm water. Warm water will clean the mouth better. Rinse a couple times with warm water to get any residual oil out of the mouth. A few sources prescribe washing with warm salt water.
- Brush well. Try to brush with a brushing blend to ensure any bacteria that still remains, is killed.
Some of the most common benefits of oil pulling are as follows:
- Can reduce harmful bacteria in the mouth: Streptococcus mutans is one of the principle bacteria in the mouth and a key player in plaque development and tooth decay.
- Can reduce plaque and gingivitis: Gingivitis is caused by aggravation of the gums and happens when the immune system begins attacking the microbes in the plaque.
- Can reduce bad breath: Bad breath, also called halitosis, is caused by the scent of chemicals and gasses delivered by the bacteria in the mouth.