Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahadev
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. MahadevYour feedback matters!
My son 11 years old is getting sudden bone pains at knee joint and palm joint for both hands and legs. He met with accident at his 6 years age. Two times local doctors consulted. They wrote some tests and gave medicines. When we used medicines, he was relieved from the pains. But the problem is not completely cured. The pains are coming now and then. Please suggest.
Hello experts, October 2014 me Mera accident hua Tha, jiski wajeh se mere left side body me bahut injuries Hui thi, so mere ankle me, thigh me or hip joint me rod dali Hui hai, mujhe wo nikalwani hai, kyuki as a human body mujhe bahut ajeeb lagta hai and bethne uthne me bhi problem hoti h rod ki wajeh se, but mujhe dar hai ki nikalne k baad jyada problems na ho jaaye, kabhi main dhang se chal bhi na paun, please suggest me what should I do?
My father has fallen from a height and have multiple chest fracture and a shoulder fracture. He is 61 years old. Doctor has tied a belt and given medicines for a week and has discharged him in just 2 hours. I am worrying is there any chances of internal bleeding since the ribs are injured/fractured. And how soon would be get to know if any further treatment is needed or not? Would any delay in treatment can be a reason of worry?
I have got a ligament tear in my right knee. Please suggest me some exercises? I am going for a cycling for a short distance daily. Right now am going for a physiotherapy treatment. Will it be cured without doing a surgery?
Your neck is made of vertebrae that stretch out from the skull to the upper body. Cervical discs that lie between the bones absorb shocks. The bones, tendons, and muscles of your neck support your head and allow movement. Any injuries, swelling or damage can bring about neck pain or even stiffness.
Many individuals experience stiffness or neck pain once in a while. Usually, this occurs due to poor posture. At times, neck pain is brought on by injury from a fall, playing sports or whiplash. More often than not, neck pain is a normal condition and can be healed within a couple of days. Now and again, neck pain can show serious injury or damage and require a specialist's consideration. In case you have neck pain that lasts persistently for over a week, is serious, or is joined by different side effects, look for medicinal attention quickly.
Regardless of the possibility that you require medical treatment, for example, prescribed medicines for your neck pain, the following treatment measures will speed your recovery:
- While an ice compress is good for acute pain, heat therapy is recommended for more chronic pain. Use a warming cushion on a low or medium setting for 15 to 20 minutes every 2 or 3 hours. Take a warm shower instead of one of the sessions. You can purchase single-use heat wraps that last up to 8 hours. Use an ice pack for 10 to 15 minutes every 2 to 3 hours.
- Get back to your typical day-by-day exercises when you can. Movement helps your muscles stay solid. Stay away from tiring exercises like lifting and sports that can increase the pain and cause stiffness. Do stretching and neck strengthening activities to keep your neck flexible, strong and prevent stiffness. Stay away from or change any exercises that might bring about your neck pain, for example, sitting in front of your computers or television sets for a long time or doing an excess of overhead work at once. Delicately back rub or rub the region to alleviate pain and energize your blood stream. Try not to rub the damaged area in case it causes pain. Nonprescription creams or gels, may give pain relief.
- It can also be treated with the help of pain relievers
- ??Acetaminophen, (for example, Tylenol) can soothe the pain.
- Nonsteroidal calming medicines, ibuprofen, (for example, Advil) and naproxen, (for example, Aleve), can ease pain and reduce swelling.
- Practice good and healthy habits to improve your lifestyle.
- Attempt to decrease anxiety and pressure at work and home.
- Practice exercises that offer relaxation.
- Get gentle back rubs in intervals.
- Quit smoking. Smoking lowers down healing because it diminishes blood supply and delays tissue repair.
- Exercise regularly, including aerobics and walking.
- Practice a good posture.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!