Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Mahadev JattiYour feedback matters!
I am. Feeling back bone pain 1 yr. Around. Some time when do any work either stand more time so pain increase and when I do rest so feel better.
Hi Sir, I am a patient of Ankylosing spondylitis. Can you tell me how I can increase my weight. Please suggest medicines/weight gainers that should not have any side effects and increase the weight at the same time. I am also having vitamin D deficiency please suggest.
Dr. I am suffering from pain in my leg just below knee at the back side (calves). After every 8 or9 days it start and when I take medicine it gets cure. I think it occur in nerves of my leg. I have shown to Dr. Many times but after taking medicine it is cured. Can you tell me why it is occurring again and again. What medicine should I take for it to cure permanently. I want to get out of this. This very painful even I can not sleep at night.
Reasons and remedy for heel pain. Typical manifestation appears early in the morning. First few steps will give unbearable pain and after walking few steps pain will come down. Even a gently nudge in the heal area will produce sharp pain.
Hello Sir I am 21 year old female. My legs are paining too much in night time. I am unable to sleep due to severe pain. This is happening daily. I woke up every 15 min due to this. Please can you help me. With thia situation?
HI doctor how are you and I have problem back pain if I walk steps be come more pain for me back pain.
I had a minor bone fracture in left side (beside the heart). I took treatment like CT Scan X-ray doctor told me nothing was happen to bones, but still I'm having huge pain (I can't sit properly, If I standing there is no pain at all) can it be curable? It was happen 1 year back by car accident. Please suggest me.
Hallo Sir, Namaste, I interested in the treatment of Myotonia congenital ie. Muscles Initial Movement from Contracting To Relaxing (during any movement of body from Rest to Action) My age is 24 years and rest everything is fit.
I am fed up of having strains in my back and neck this is happening from when I was injured doing gymnastic I have consulted many doctor but there is not effect seemed on it what to do?
Hallo Dr. I have joint pain in my both palm's fingers. I have morning stiffness in my body. Pl. Suggest some homeopathic medicine to relieve the pain.
I am 46 years old, suffering from uric acid excess, acidity and mild spondylysis & very mild waist lumber pains and nerves disorder. Where is the basic problem lying. Sgpt too is around 50. Hemoglobin 11. 5. Uric acid 7. 4
My mother is suffering from arthritis. She suffers from acute pain in joints. The problem is persistent since last 1 year. She is on medication. Can you please tell some exercises which would help reduce the pain?
I have saniu (musel problem) itz being handicapped by her pain. Don'g know the actual cause so l request you please help us.
Hi, I am suffering from lower back pain from last 2 weeks. Whats the causes and how can I cure it without any medicine. I am a designer and does heavy sitting for hours in front of computer and also late night work. Please help!
I am 30 years old female and from last 2 years I am having spinal pain and because of its effect on my neck sometimes I can't straight it up. Sometimes it seems that everything is moving. and its a very problem for me. What should I do? I had consulted to doctors but there is ni improvement.
Osteoporosis is a condition wherein the bones become brittle and weak; so much so that even mildly stressful activities such as coughing, bending over or even a slight fall (such as the one from a high rise chair) can result in fractures. Osteoporosis-related fractures commonly occur in the spine, hip or the wrist. The human body has a continuous mechanism of bone absorption and removal. In case of osteoporosis, the creation of new bones doesn’t happen in accordance with the removal of old bones.
The bones of the spine get extremely vulnerable to breakage and even cracking open. The fractures in the spine, also known as vertebral compression fractures can cause a sharp stinging pain in the back that may make sitting, standing, or even walking a very tardy task.
- Increasing age
- Abnormally less or high body weight
- Menopause or low levels of sex hormones
- Gender: This disorder is more likely to affect women as compared to men. Also, women, who are above 50 are more likely to suffer from this debilitating disorder.
- Race is a significant risk factor of osteoporosis. If you are of Asian descent, you are more likely to be affected by it.
- Having a family history of osteoporosis will put you at a greater risk of this disorder.
The pain typically happens with a slight back strain during an everyday activity like:
- Lifting a bag of groceries
- Bending to the floor to pick something up
- Slipping on a rug or making a misstep
- Lifting a suitcase out of the trunk of a car
- Lifting the corner of a mattress when changing bed linens
Symptoms of Spine Fracture:
- Fractured or collapsed vertebra causing back pain
- A stooped posture
- A shrunken appearance (as if one has had loss of height)
- Very fragile bones, thus increasing risks of fractures
- Severe and sudden pain in the back
- Difficulty in twisting or bending the body
Lower spine fractures are way more troublesome as compared to fractures in the upper spine. Fracturing more than a bone in the spine also remains a huge possibility.
Who’s Most Likely to Get Spine Fractures?
Women, especially those older than 50, are most likely to get spine fractures. By age 80, about 40% of women have had one.
Your age makes a difference, too. As you get older, your bones become thinner and weaker, and you’re more likely to have osteoporosis. Women and men who have osteoporosis have much higher chances of getting spine fractures.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
Firstly, an X-ray or a computerized tomography (CT scan) will be done to have a closer look at the bones. A bone density test is another commonly used method of diagnosing osteoporosis.
- Steroids and medications: Some medications may be used to prevent or combat osteoporosis. These include alendronate, ibandronate, risedronate and zoledronic acid.
- Physical therapy: Just like muscles, bones get stronger too when you exercise. Weight-bearing and muscle- strengthening exercises are the most helpful in this regard and are considered best for the treatment of osteoporosis. Cardiovascular exercises such as walking, jogging or even swimming can prove to be immensely beneficial.
- Diet: Make a diet chart that includes high-calcium food items, dairy products such as yogurt, cheese, and low-fat milk, tofu, green vegetables such as collard greens and broccoli, sea fish such as salmon and sardines.
- Salt: Limit salt intake
- Therapy: Hormone replacement therapy (treatment method consisting of estrogens to alleviate and treat symptoms of osteoporosis) is another method of treatment that can be recommended by the doctor.
Prevent Spine Fractures:
The best way to prevent them is to prevent osteoporosis. Even if you already have it, you can take steps to keep it from getting worse. Eat a diet rich in calcium and vitamin D, and get regular exercise, especially the weight-bearing and muscle strengthening kinds. Ask your doctor if you need a bone mineral density test to see how strong your bones are. It is never too early -- or too late -- to prevent bone loss.