Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahadev BhatYour feedback matters!
I have a friend who has a girlfriend and she is pregnant from 1 month. Please tell how to abort that child. (any medicine or vaccine, etc.)
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
My daughter is 10 years old and she has flat foot problem what should I do can you please suggest me
My baby is 4 month old. I want to ask whether I can start with fresh juice or not. Currently he is on formula milk.
Hi doctor, My male baby is 16 days old and he is having problem of vomiting. Everytime I feed him he is doing vomits continuously. He is taking out milk through mouth and bose as well. From last three days he doing this continuously. He is needed with mother milk not any milk powder. I have checked his stomach no hard I find it.
5 months old baby, she has been have loose motions from 7 days. She has started putting everything in her mouth and these motions are happening like 6-7 times a day. Before we moved to her village we had consultant a pediatrician here in Bangalore who game some medicine in case of motions .we have waited for some time like 2 days and started the medicine, but still not subsided . Medicine are Econorm and walamycin . Please suggest what to do.
My grand daughter is 5 years old and have problem and don't respond sometimes to questions. Could it be due to complications during delivery. Kindly clarify.
My baby is suffering from dysentery frequently. Is there any permanent solution to get out of this.?
My 3 month old baby Wo 3 din se green green potty kar raha he baar baar Aaj Dr. ko dikhaya treatment kuch is tarah diya he BACTRIM GUT OK TUFPRO its ok or not.
I have 33 week old, Girl child. Her weight is 8 kg. Today she was given a OPV -2 vaccine at the age of 32 week which actually should be given after 36 week, i. E. 4 weeks earlier. Now, from the very next day she is suffering from fever. Earlier it was a mild fever but now the fever is around 101. I am Scared please guide me.
2 years kid is suffering from molluscum consagium ,4 to 6 small pox like grain appear on the skin and its molluscum ,I m very much worried can anyone tell me what cream or ointment I will apply to control this grain and to cure this grain. More over I am very much worried is it dangerous ,is this curable.
My 9 month old baby is not sleeping well at night he s having disturb slp at night. I started solid food for him wat s the last time at night to food him. And wat to give him at night for dinner I still breast feed him.
My baby is now 9 months old. Last day he is suffering from chicken pox. He is crying very much. Nd even not eat any thing and feeding. Pls suggest me any precautions as soon as possible. I am very tensed.
1years old boy. Motion several (3--4) times in the afternoon with little mass and more fluid, and the skin around the anus get irritated with red colour and the child cry loudly for a long time. The fluid seems to be acidic. The child take only homely food such as rice, wheat, milk, banana and thrice NAN milk powder. What to do? Any change in the feeding?
My son is 1 month 20 day old. He suffering 2/3 days for cough, cold, fever and flue. So doctor says it's pneumonia symptoms. They suggest admitted my son. So I want to know it is pneumonia? So help me.
My son is 13 years old. His tooths are not in order. I have to fix him a clip. So kindly advice whether it would be painful and any teeth are to be removed. And what would be the approximate cost for fixing a clip.
Childhood memories are always special, we often get nostalgic reminiscing about them. When we were kids there was a range of outdoor activities, games and creative things to do, something to look forward and run around. However, the definition of modern childhood has undergone a sea change.
If you have a child in your home, you will be acutely aware of the gadget addiction phenomenon. Be it a mobile, iPad, television or gaming console, children today are almost inseparable from their gadgets. From a 2-year-old baby to 12-year-old teenagers, all can be found glued to their favorite gadgets, due to which physical activity and outdoor games have ceased to exist in their lives.
Further, this addiction to modern day gadgets is triggering a negative impact on their health. A number of studies indicate that the incidence of obesity, depression, and even diabetes (juvenile diabetes) amongst children and teenagers is on a mercurial rise, because of such a lifestyle.
But who is to be blamed for this?
It is common knowledge today, that parents across that globe try to deliver the best of everything to their kids, but sometimes we forget that more than things and luxury, our kids need our time.
Here are some effective measures to curb the gadget menace
Communicate: As a modern working parent, life is extremely hectic. However, make sure you spend some quality time with your child daily. Talk to your child about different things and understand what is going in their daily life.
Understand your child: Communication paves the way for better understanding, but as a parent, you have to make an effort to understand your child, as each child is unique and so are their needs.
Educate yourself: Make sure you are fully aware of what is going on with your child and how he or she is doing throughout the day in different areas, be it school or other activities. Talk to the other parents, and know what your children's peer group are doing.
Engage them: Take them to parks, indulge in fun outdoor and physical activities. When your child refuses to eat or do a particular work, never bribe them with a mobile phone or a laptop. Instead, promise them a weekend picnic or a day out.
Reduce internet time: Make sure children below 8 years have either no access or reduced access to the Internet. In fact, children below 10 years should not be allowed to use mobile phones, but that is practically not possible in today’s time, so parents should make an effort to control that and make sure that their children are not spending unnecessary time on internet as not only it is wasting their precious time, but also affects their mental health too.
Lastly, do not let your child forget that there is more to life than video games and TV. Love them but don’t give in to your child’s unrealistic demands.