Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. Madhusudhan H VYour feedback matters!
I got cold. What to do now? It is from past seven days. I was shivering and I also took medicine. Please advice me.
Sir mere father ko paralysis ho gya tha. Brain stroke ke vajah se tha. But ab sab kuch normal hai wo chalne lage hain. But unhe proper dikhai nhi deta aur unka brain pura khali khali sa lagta hai. Jada awaz bhi unhe taqlif deti hai. Pls kuch bataiye sir.
I am 32 year old male and suffering from migraine headache for last couple of years. What is Migraine headache? and what causes it?
I had headache and vomiting, 3 month back. I consulted my family doctor and now I am fine but the company in which I am working are giving me night shift duty. I consulted my doc, he told me better to refuse as you had symptoms of migraine pain 3 months back. I need a reply from neurologist, what shall I do?
Cerebral palsy refers to a group of neurological disorders that appear in infancy or childhood and permanently affect body movement and muscle co-ordination.
Lack of muscle co-ordination when performing voluntary movements (ataxia)
Stiff or tight muscles and exaggerated reflexes (spasticity)
Walking with one foot or leg dragging
Walking on the toes, a crouched gait, or a'scissored' gait
Muscle tone that is either too stiff or too floppy
Cerebral palsy is usually due to brain damage in the first few months or years of life, brain infections such as bacterial meningitis or viral encephalitis, or head injury.
Ayurveda treatment for cerebral palsy:
Ayurveda has shown very good results in patients of cerebral palsy. Though cerebral palsy may not be fully cured, ayurvedic treatment can definitely help to reduce disability and improve the functioning of the affected individual to a great extent. The ayurvedic treatment of cerebral palsy focuses on treating the presenting symptoms and attempting to reverse the brain damage.
Medicines which help in improving the functional capacity of the brain and may also help in regeneration of damaged brain cells are:
Brahmi (bacopa monnieri)
Mandukaparni (centella asiatica)
Shankhpushpi (convolvulus pluricaulis)
Jyotishmati (celastrus paniculatus)
Kushmand (benincasa hispida)
Ustukhuddus (lavandula stoechas)
Yashtimadhu (glycyrrhiza glabra)
Ashwagandha (withania somnifera)
Shatavari (asparagus racemosus)
Guduchi (tinospora cordifolia)
Vacha (acorus calamus)
Haritaki (terminalia chebula)
Some of these medicines are also useful in preventing or reducing convulsions.
Medicines which helps in the formation of the muscles and tissues are:
Guduchi (tinospora cordifolia)
Amalaki (emblica officinalis)
Musta (cyperus rotundus)
Panch tikta ghrita
Panch tikta ghrita guggul
Pancha gavya ghrita
Medicines are used to improve nerve conduction and muscular co-ordination are:
Vata gajankush ras
Tapyadi loh ras
Panchakarma therapies which are useful in this condition are:
Abhyangam: massage of the entire body with medicated oils like mahanarayan oil, maha-mash-oil and maha-saindhav-oil are very useful.
Yogic postures useful in cerebral palsy are as follows:
Adho mukha svanasana
All these therapies and medicines show miraculous effect on the patients suffering from cerebral palsy.
(p. S: as every human being is different according to ayurveda, all have different cures. So, kindly consult us or an ayurveda doctor before taking any herbal treatments.)
I have migraine. Are there any home remedies to cure it completely? Or should I stick to the medicines prescribed by my doctor?
I am 26 years I have back pain problem and numbness in spine, swelling and pain in cervical, arms and legs. What should i do?
Hi I am 34 year old, my RBC counts are good and vitamin B12 level is 190pg/ml. I feel pain in hands, feet and numbness. Doctor is saying its vitamin B12 deficiency. Can it happen like RBC count is good enough while the B12 deficiency.
Now say - Go Migraine
Migraine headache is usually associated with one sided throbbing headache, with nausea ( the tendency to vomit), vomiting and sensitivity to light. In a migraine there is excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of brain and blood vessels.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
Origin of a migraine headache
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of Vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult now.
- Sneha nasya - instillation of medicated oils can be carried to the nostrils. Shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits in this condition.
- Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
- Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
- Mix one-forth teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
- Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from a migraine.
- Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
- Take half a glass of carrot juice. Add half a glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice to cure the migraine.
- Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
- Apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
- Salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
- Buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds, and garlic or asafetida are good in the daytime.
- Have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
- Avoid yogurt especially at night.