Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhusudhan H.R.
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Madhusudhan H.R.Your feedback matters!
Doctor mujhe toilet normal nahi rahi h. Aur jab bhi toilet krta hu to toet wali jagh pr bht taklif hoti h aur khujli bhi hoti h. Plzz mujhe bataye mei kya karu bht time se ye prblm. H.
HI I am 51 years old, lot of protein leakage in urine, it was 5 mg now reduced to to 2 mg in 24 hr urine test, doctor says it is not because of sugar after bypass done, can you help with balance diet please.
I have been taking Tamdura for prostate enlargement and my urologist suggested Dynapres 4 mg one at nite as he finds the prostate is steady. My PSA is 0.742 and I do not get up in night fort passing urine. I have slight irritation while passing urine and he has asked me to take syrup cital with water thrice a day. Please let me know the side effect of Dynapres. 4 mg.
Hi everyone, After my Anal fistula surgery my wound is healing. I feel little pain while it's healing. It's almost 2 weeks it my wound is covering up with skin but with little pain. My doctor says it is normal process until the heal is completely heal and cover by skin it will have little pain. Kindly assist does it is normal process. Thanks .
Hello. Mujhe krib 15 din phle kideny stone ka pta chla. M abb tab se medicines bhi le rha hu. Pr abb ek or problem aa gyi h.low sperm count .sperm bilkul bhi nhi bnn rha h.m ye pta krna chahta hu ki. Iska sambandh kideny stone se h .ya fir se problem sperm na bannne ki. Kisi or vajh se hui h.kideny me stone size 2.25 mm ka h.plz help about all this problem. And please give me solution. Thank You.
There are seven types of urinary incontinence.
- Stress incontinence: If normal physical movements like sneezing, coughing and exercising cause small amounts of urine to leak out, it is called 'stress incontinence'.
- Urge incontinence: If large amounts of urine leak out during unexpected and at odd times, like during sleeping, it is called 'urge incontinence'.
- Overactive Bladder: This is characterized by frequent and urgent urination, along with urge incontinence or not.
- Functional incontinence: If external deterrents or physical disabilities like not being able to find a toilet, leads to sudden leakage of urine, it is called 'functional incontinence'.
- Overflow incontinence: A full bladder, at times, leads to unexpected leakage. This is called 'overflow incontinence'.
- Mixed incontinence: Whenever urge and stress incontinence occur together, it is categorized as 'mixed incontinence'.
- Transient incontinence: When urine leakage occurs due to temporary situations like infections or new medications, it is called 'transient incontinence'.
Urinary incontinence is not a disease; it is a symptom. Infections, diabetes, or other medical conditions can cause incontinence. If incontinence is temporary, the causes might be any or all of the following:
- Urinary tract infection
- Over consumption of alcohol
- Too much caffeine intake
- Consuming carbonated drinks
- Decaffeinated coffee and tea
- Use of artificial sweeteners
- Foods which are too spicy, acidic or sugary
- Corn syrup
- Being on sedatives, muscle relaxants, blood pressure and heart medications
- High doses of vitamin B and vitamin C
However, if incontinence is persistent, the symptoms might be different:
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy, hormonal changes and weight gain in the body can cause incontinence.
- Childbirth: Normal vaginal delivery weakens muscles that control the bladder, thus leading to incontinence.
- Age: The bladder muscles weaken with age which, in turn, affects the bladder urine holding capacity.
- Menopause: The levels of "oestrogen" hormone drop with the onset of menopause. Oestrogen keeps the lining of the urethra and bladder healthy. The gradual damage of the bladder tissues leads to incontinence.
- Hysterectomy: The bladder and uterus are supported by the same ligaments and muscles. Surgery deteriorates the pelvic floor muscles, thus removing the uterus can lead to incontinence.
- Obstruction: Tumours in the urinary tract can block the normal urine flow. This causes overflow incontinence.
- Neurological disorders: Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, brain tumours, strokes or spinal injury can cause incontinence. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!