Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhusudhan
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. MadhusudhanYour feedback matters!
Did you know that you spend 1/3rd of your life sleeping? Sleep allows your body to repair and detoxify itself after a hard day’s work. When you’re sleeping, a plethora of activities take place in your body, which are essential for your physical, emotional and mental well-being. Read on to find out what happens to your different body parts after you’ve drifted off…
Even though activity in the brain’s cortex (the outer part of the brain) falls by about 40% in the first few stages of sleep, your brain still continues to remain extremely active; especially in the final stage. During the REM phase your brain activity increases with your blood flow rising considerably in those areas of the brain that are responsible for processing emotional experiences and memories.
Like the brain, even the eyes are active when you’re asleep and the movement of your eyes is indicative of the different stages of sleep. REM (rapid eye movement) sleep denotes deep sleep and occurs in the first 90 minutes of falling asleep (which is dreamless sleep). On the other hand, NREM sleep (non-rapid eye movement) is when you’re dreaming and your sleep quality is rather poor in comparison. This takes place during the later part of your sleep.
Your immune system is also hard at work during sleep. It increases the production of certain kinds of proteins that help the body to fight against infections. Poor sleep can cause the body’s immune system to weaken, making you vulnerable to chronic infections.
During sleep, your body’s temperature goes down as there’s a slowing down of the body’s metabolic rate, leading to burning of fewer calories. Additionally, a low body temperature is essential for allowing your body to rest and repair.
During the day, your skin experiences sun damage and is in the continuous process of shedding away dead skin cells. To repair the damage caused by external factors as well as loss through shedding, is why the metabolic rate of your skin is at its peak when you’re sleeping. It is at this time when your cells witness increased production and a reduced breakdown of protein, which helps in repairing your skin and keeping it young and healthy.
The mouth is also a place of decreased activity when you sleep. When you sleep, your saliva production sees a drop, leading to the common morning condition of a dry mouth. During the day this is not so as saliva is constantly produced to keep your mouth hydrated.
During sleep your body changes its position about 35 times, but despite the changes, the muscles of the body are always in a relaxed state. This enables the tissues to restore and repair themselves.
Since your body’s requirement for energy is low during sleep time, the pace of activity in the digestive system notices a slowdown. The body’s inactive state prevents stomach acids and enzymes from turning the food into energy.
While hormone levels of corticosteroids (stress hormone) and adrenaline fall during sleep, there’s an increase in your body’s production of the growth hormone (which promotes the maintenance, growth and repair of your bones and muscles). The hormone melatonin, which is responsible for the sleep-wake cycle, rises during sleep as well. Additionally, sex, fertility and hair follicle stimulating hormones are secreted more during sleep.
Your heart rate decreases by 10 to 30 beats per minute when you’re asleep, which causes a decline in your blood pressure as well. Your blood is responsible for the disposal of toxins from your body. During rest, there’s a decrease in the breakdown of tissues and cells, which allows the body to repair them. Furthermore, during the state of sleep, your blood tends to flow from the brain causing your arteries to expand and your limbs to become bigger.
My scab from wound got removed accidentally and the wound is still fresh. Now the wound has started healing again but there is pain on the wound and also there is reddish yellow colour .Is this infected. If so what should I do. I am currently taking calcium tablet and vitamin d3 in powder form.
Premature ejaculation is a common sexual complaint, but treatable condition.
If a man is ejaculating sooner than his and his partner wish means before intercourse begins or shortly afterward then he may have a condition known as Premature Ejaculation. Most men experience premature ejaculation at one time or another. Both psychological and biological factors can play a role in premature ejaculation. If you and your partner think you are finished too early then you are a premature ejaculator.
Men who suffer start dreading sex and eventually it may even affect their overall confidence level. Men who are anxious about maintaining their erection during sexual intercourse may form a pattern of rushing to ejaculate which can be difficult to change. Many men with premature ejaculation also have problems with anxiety — either about sexual performance or caused by other issues. Relationship and Interpersonal issues between the partners may contribute to this problem.
ROLE OF HOMOEOPATHY:--
In homeopathy there are many different remedies for Premature ejaculation.
Homoeopathic Medication, psychological counseling and sexual techniques that delay ejaculation can improve sex.
Each individual case is properly taken and analyzed to select the best remedy for a particular person which usually has amazing effects with no side effects. Along with homoeopathy remedies, there are a few ways which would help you delay ejaculation. In homeopathy there are many remedies which help to increase sexual intercourse time and improve the male organ's health. Homeopathy helps to remove the problems from the root level and is harmless. For this reason it is popular all around the world. Some Men do not take other medicines except homeopathy. There are many reasons behind the low sexual stability. Homeopathic remedy easily removes the main cause from the root level according to the proper symptoms. Then the sexual intercourse time improves automatically and male organ become strong and thick.
Dr. Ruchita Chandra, a trained renowned Homoeopath from Mumbai who is well known for treating those cases which have been incurable and has successfully treated several patients with Male Problems.
Dr. Ruchita Chandra
My friend have only one testicle so is there any problem for him for having normal sex life and to have baby in future He said he lost his one testis in accident.
I'm frequently getting Mouth Ulcer every month at least once is that just because of heat?what to do
Doc. This is my second question. I need some peaceful sleep. I read till 12 am or 1 am Thn I have to wake up at 6 am What should I do to get best sleep in those hours?
Christmas would be incomplete without a delicious Christmas plum cake. This lovely cake is rich in fresh and dried fruits and is soaked in brandy or orange liquor. Preparations for this cake often start a month before Christmas as the fruits are cut and soaked in alcohol until it is time to bake them. Here are 8 fascinating facts about this Christmas cake.
- It has a really long shelf life: Christmas cake or fruitcake can last for months and years. This may be because of the alcohol content in the cake. Many families keep aside a part of the Christmas cake to be eaten during Easter. The longevity of this cake is also why it is the perfect packed food for hunters and travellers.
- It is packed with energy: Christmas cake has a high ratio of fruits to flour and hence is packed with nutrients. On the flip side, this isn’t a cake you want to snack on as it can also increase your waistline.
- Naturally dried fruits are the key to a good Christmas cake: Christmas cake is said to be an acquired taste. However, the key to make a good Christmas cake is to avoid glazed and candied fruits and instead use naturally sweetened and dried fruits. This makes the cake healthier and much more wholesome.
- You can put any fruit into Christmas cake: Christmas fruit cake is an all inclusive cake. A Christmas cake can be made with fresh fruits, dried fruits or a mixture of the two. However, fresh fruit cake has a shorter life span than dried fruit cake.
- It gets better with time: Like wine, Christmas cake ages and tastes better with time. Christmas cake can also be revived, if it has dried out. For this, all you have to do is, steam the cake and drizzle a little more alcohol over it.
- It is a very old recipe: Christmas cake is said to date back to the Roman empire. The Romans used a mixture of pine nuts, barley, raisins, sweetened wine and pomegranate seeds to make a version of the Christmas cake known as satura. However, it was only in the 16th century that it gained popularity.
- The origins of Christmas cake lies in a meat pie: Christmas cake has evolved from the plum pudding. This plum pudding was originally a pie of mixed minced meats and fruits. With time, the meat was removed and only the fruits remained. Later, spice and dried fruits were added to the recipe to give us a modern day Christmas cake.
- Christmas cake was traditionally not eaten on Christmas day: Christmas cake was originally eaten on the twelfth day of Christmas. For this reason, it was also known as the twelfth night cake.