Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. MadhusudanYour feedback matters!
How many hours a student have to sleep and study. If we are sleeping less than 6 hr then any things happen.
I am suffering from dry cough for last 2 weeks and l have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
Many of us will get up with a hangover after partying away on the eve of the New Year. But worry not, these are a few proven ways to get rid of a hangover and start the New Year fresh and bushy tailed:
- Drink lots of water: Alcohol is extremely dehydrating. Water is thus, the world’s best hangover cure. Alcohol messes up with the way the kidneys function and the body ends up losing around four times more water than usual. This leads to dehydration and causes symptoms like that thumping headache and dry mouth.
- Drink some frizzy water with a dash of lemon: The water will rehydrate you and the lemon and lime juice content which is alkaline will help balance the acid in your gut, quelling feelings of nausea. Fizzy drinks also speed up the break down of alcohol in the gut shortening the duration of a hangover.
- Take a mild painkiller: Painkillers that are paracetamol based are ideal for curing hangovers. They help with the headaches and muscle cramps. Just make sure that you don’t pop aspirins as these can further irritate the stomach and can increase the feeling of nausea.
- Eat something mellow: A starchy and wholesome breakfast with toast is highly recommended. So are mellow foods like bananas, apples and rice. These soothing foods will fill up your stomach without irritating it.
- Quick headache cure: You can whip up a headache remedy by using off-the-shelf kitchen ingredients. All you have to do is mix one spoon of baking soda in water and drink it quickly to get rid of a headache. What also works is drinking the juice of a tomato mixed with lime. Even a serving of fresh tomato soup with basil can provide relief.
- Take a bath by all means, except hot water: January is a cold month and hot water is inviting, but it’s not the best for getting rid of a hangover. And that’s because hot water will only make your condition worse because your body is already feeling the heat due to last night’s alcohol consumption which increases ‘pitta’ or fire element in the body according to Ayurveda. A cold water bath will help, but if you can’t brave the cold, you could also go for a lukewarm shower.
- Get moving: Get out in the open and indulge in a light workout or a brisk walk. This will break down the alcohol toxins into the sweat. A few yoga stretches and breathing exercises are good too.
- Sleep it off: This is probably the best option for treating a hangover as most hangovers don't last longer than 24 hours. Catching up on sleep is so much better than moping at home with a headache. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
I have pain in my right hand what should I do? And also pain in my right side chest what shoshould I do?
I am 24 years and have gone very weak after a month of viral fever. My stamina has gone down a lot. I am a basketball player and I get tired quite soon while playing. What should I do to improve my condition?
In order to determine whether a person is having a drug problem, there are several signs, which can be interpreted to know about the exact drug abuse state of a person. Drug abuse requires immediate attention before it becomes more problematic. There are several patterns and stages of drug use that have been listed below:
- Hard drug use: Heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine fall under the category of hard drugs and are the most dangerous drugs. There are severe effects on the health and behavior of a user of hard drugs. Some people use these kinds of drugs for recreational purposes, but some can get addicted just after using them once. Such people usually isolate themselves from society and possess a high-risk behavior.
- Frequent drug use: Frequency alone cannot determine whether a person is addicted to a certain drug. Some people may take drugs only once and twice a week, but still suffer from acute addiction. Frequency of drug use may indicate tolerance and a person may require more with each day. Frequent drug users usually keep on continuing the habit and it is hard for them to quit.
- Early drug use: Some people start taking drugs at an early age during adolescence, and they are likely to develop severe drug problems later in life. People who take drugs before the age of fifteen turn out to be addicts as they grow up. The earlier a person uses drugs, the earlier he becomes addicted. Early drug use is a common phenomenon in today's world.
- Solitary drug use: Using drugs and addictive substances while a person is alone may result in fatal addiction and various problems in life. Teenagers using alcohol, marijuana and cigarettes are prone to serious drug problems during adulthood. Solitary drug users are usually poor in studies and have a violent or abusive behavior.
- Escapist drug use: Many people use drugs for dealing with stress, several problems in life or for building self esteem. These are used as a substitute for escapism, which allows a person to escape from reality to a place where nothing bothers them and they can be at peace. Such people are likely to develop drug problems. Some people may experiment with drugs just for the sake of trying, but slowly they may like it and get addicted. This causes several problems in life, and a drug problem arises. Such drug problems may affect the health in many severe ways.
Drugs are used in several patterns. All people do not use drugs in the same pattern and frequency. The pattern of drug use by a person lets the doctor determine the level of drug abuse he is on, or if he is addicted.