Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhuri Patil
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhuri PatilYour feedback matters!
I have done USG pelvis and I have been diagnosed by uterine fibroid which is approx 3 cm. Will I be able to conceive in future. Also is there a way to get this fibroid dissolved.
I am 32 years old married 9 months back I am planning for baby now what all food need to taken more at this point?
I am 35 Weeks Pregnant and my hemoglobin level Is now 7.7 what to do? Is it any dangerous in delivery section? Whether it will affect to me or my baby?
I am 39 weeks pregnant and I want a normal delivery and no complications after 40 weeks so please tell me how to induce labor naturally at home as I'm doing exercises also.
During the natural course of events, a women's body starts its reproductive phase with menarche and at about 50 years of age, attains menopause. This is when the reproductive function ceases and the ovaries stop producing the hormone estrogen and progesterone. In some cases, for various reasons including medical, the ovaries stop functioning earlier, and this is medically termed early or premature menopause. Menopause that occurs before 40 years of age is termed premature menopause; it is due to primary ovarian insufficiency and occurs in 1% of the women. If it occurs between 45 to 50 years, it is termed early menopause.
Causes: Normal ageing, family history, genetic disorders, autoimmune disorders, toxins, and surgery are some reasons that could lead to premature menopause.
Effects: Estrogen and progesterone have a lot of beneficial effects on a women's body. Reduction in their levels leads to some of the below changes:
- Emotional changes like mood swings, irritability, and in some cases depression, especially in premature menopause.
- Irregular cycles before complete cessation of the menstrual cycles.
- General mucosal dryness leading to vaginal dryness, dry skin, dry eyes.
- There also would be urinary incontinence and reduced sex drive due to reduced hormone levels.
- For women who still would want to have children, infertility would be a big cause for concern. This could lead to other emotional issues, worsening the depression.
- Cardiovascular health - Post menopause, women are more prone to heart attacks and stroke. Though not fully proven, this is believed to be true as the good role that estrogen plays on blood vessels is negated with menopause.
- Accelerated ageing - Menopause leads to accelerated damage of genetic structures, thereby leading to faster ageing. This also leaves a feeling in the women of being less attractive and less desirable.
There is also a good news, that after menopause women are at lesser risk of cancer - especially breast and ovarian.
It is not easy for women to handle premature menopause. The body undergoes some changes much earlier than expected, and it requires a lot of support and caring and comforting to come to terms with it - especially if associated with infertility or chemotherapy for cancer. Emotional issues of not being able to have children and feeling less attractive require frank talks to boost the person's confidence and increase self-worthiness.
It is easier said than done, but one of the key ways to handle premature menopause is an open discussion. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had missed my period when I went to Dr. is come to know I am suffering from bilateral polycystic ovaries I am using medicine name neera Kya mey ya bimari sey hamesha k liya chitkara mil sakta hey Can I get pregnant? please doct help me I am too worried.
If you check the recent scientific studies, then you will come to know that PPI drugs are treated as the popular medicines to treat heartburn troubles, but as the side-effect, you will face acute cognitive troubles. Your mental condition might get affected in various ways causing memory or concentration loss, decrease in brain ability and others. Though, these drugs are very safe but only effectively treating heartburn troubles, especially gastroesophageal-reflux disease.
How Dementia is related with PPI drugs?
PPI drugs are normally recommended by doctors for treating heartburn issues, but if you are taking these drugs on a continuous basis, then you might face the unwanted signs or symptoms of dementia. This is a hardcore fact and it has been observed by many reputed researchers of the present age. There are some commonest symptoms that can be observed due to dementia and some of the prominent ones are as follows:
- Beta-amyloid production: Beta-amyloid is a kind of protein and the growth of this specific protein increases to a great extent with the consistent intake of PPI drugs. This protein might lead to the increase in varied dementia signs, out of which the most severe kind of situation is Alzheimer's disease. This disease might get converted into dreadful condition at times and this is the reason a regular or consistent intake of PPI drugs should be essentially avoided. If you are facing this condition, then you should report about the same to your doctor immediately. This protein is very toxic or harmful for the brain as your mental ability is being adversely affected.
- Decrease of vitamin B-12: If vitamin b-132 decreases day by day, then acute mental disturbances will get invited. If you want to avoid this kind of condition, then nothing can be a better option other than avoiding PPI drugs. This is the only reason that doctors never recommend taking these drugs in an excessive limit. In fact, sometimes, these drugs are prescribed along with other potential medicines that can help in maintaining mental health in good condition. If you have got any family history of mental trouble, then you should reveal the same to your doctor so that strong PPI medicines are not prescribed for gastric troubles. In fact, there are few limitations among PPI drugs that are never to be prescribed by doctors and all the doctors should follow the same in a sincere manner.
We live in a world where germs, pollution, dust and toxic substances co-exist. We inhale them every time as we breathe. Processed and packaged foods contain host of chemicals, trans fats, preservatives and artificial colours which increase harmful free radicals in our bodies. These free radicals are toxins and can cause a host of diseases. Our immune system is constantly working to eliminate these free radicals. Sweating is a natural way of eliminating toxins from the body. Toxins are also flushed out from our body through urine. However, a proper detoxifying diet and adequate exercise are a must to flush out these harmful elements from our bodies.
Detoxification is a process of eliminating free harmful free radicals in the body. An ideal process should be a combination of diet and exercise. The thumb rule of detoxification is to stay away from chemicals and be as natural as possible. The ayurvedic way is the best way. We have put together ten natural ways to detoxify and cleanse our body. Let’s have a look:
- Water: Drinking at least 8 to 10 glasses of water help in flushing out toxins from the body.
- Vegetable juices: Vegetable juice extracted from raw vegetables acts as a purifier for the body. Juice of tomato, beetroot, carrot, bottle gourd or cucumber is a great way to start the day.
- Sugarcane juice: Believe it or not, sugarcane juice is a natural detoxifier. Drink fresh sugarcane juice at least once a week for best results. Avoid adding salt or spice as it may interfere with detoxification process.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an excellent cleanser for the body. Include citrus fruits like oranges, kiwis in your diet. Drinking plain lemon water also helps flush out toxins from the body. Fruits like papaya, water melon can flush out body toxins where as blue berries and strawberries are great antioxidants. Go ahead and try them!
- Green tea: Green tea is believed to be an excellent source of antioxidants. Sip green tea without sugar or additives to retain its natural properties.
- Sweat your toxins out: Adopt a form of exercise that induces sweat. Be it aerobics, brisk walk, a run or a dance on your favorite number. Sweating is a natural mechanism of the body to flush out impurities.
- Steam/sauna bath: Steam or Sauna baths can help eliminate toxins and leave you feeling fresh and light.
- Yoga: Yoga offers us valuable postures that help restore our body’s internal balance and aid in purification. Yoga must be adopted religiously and as a way of life to seek maximum benefits.
- Deep breathing: Every morning, devote 10 minutes for deep breathing. This is a great purification process for the body.
Adopt these natural ways and see the difference yourself! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.