Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. MadhulathaYour feedback matters!
I have eye problem. Not seen clear at far dist. I consult to doctor .but he says to wearing glass .so suggest me to increase my eye vision.
I have yellow eyes for two days what should I do please reply immediately I am very sad please help.
When ever I did not sleep well my left eye become red and little painful. But I do not have any problem with my right eye. What might be the cause?
Hello doctor. I'm in relationship. But I am very insecure about my boyfriend. I don't allow my boyfriend to talk to any girl even his friends, my friends and even my cousins too. I can't tolerate that. I just want that he must talk with me only not any other girl. Because my thinking is like he talk to any girl he will give importance to her also. But I want him to be mine only. He is too humble. Too kind hearted, he loves me so much even after my so much restrictions he never question me. WHY' like why I am not allow him to do so. He just obey my opinion my wish. He left his all friends in girls because of me. Sometimes I curse myself that is because of me he is alone. He left his social circle his friends in girls just because of me I think that I am responsible for his loneliness and spoil his life and even don't allow him to enjoy his college life with friends and social circle. I'm very fed up from myself. He is suffering due to my suspicious nature. And just because I would not have any problem any insecurity any stress he leaves everyone. Mostly boys don't do that. But he did. Sometimes I am fed up from my nature that why I don't allow him to talk to any girl. What's wrong with me doctor? Why m like this. Why I am doing so. I need to get out of it. I want to. But how?
I am 31 years old male. I am suffering from weird problem since last two and half years. In the beginning, whenever I used to go out for work or anything within hour and so my eyes used to become heavy and tired. I noticed that on sunny day eyes use to hurt more. Gradually, problem became more prominent and used to hurt eyes more often even while working at home. Sometimes, I just couldn't concentrate on anything I am doing at that moment. Even after taking a good night sleep upon waking next morning I used to feel problem still not gone. I visited few doctors and all of them said there's nothing wrong with eyes, even eyesight has not changed (I wear glasses, Left Cyl -1, Right Cyl -1.75). They just gave lubricant for dry eyes, which I took from time to time. I felt so helpless and surprised that what is actually my problem? I have started to become used to this problem so that I could get back to my life normally. After couple of years now this eye problem has become lot more severe. Whenever I go to a place where rapid eye movement, for eg mall, public event etc, problem initiates and it becomes extremely difficult to react to people and activities. Eyes feel extremely strained even while talking to and concentrating on person standing next to me. Nowadays, whole day I feel my eyes are strained no matter what I do. It becomes very difficult to do multi-tasking activities, for eg office offline and online work, cooking etc. It becomes foggyhearing and seeing coordination hampers. I have even did "Pen-Point" concentration exercise time to time. Initially it used to help but it no more helps now. This weird problem has taken a lot of toll on my day to day life. Somebody please help.
I can not sit before computer more than 4 hours now a day. I feel very discomfort for ling hours in front of computer. My eyes and my heads get choked. It is hampering my profession. Kindly suggest.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision-related problems. It is easily disposable and requires least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision: Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for active lifestyle: Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses on the other hand are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses:
- Dry eyes: Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
- Infections: Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea.
- Allergic reactions: Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.