Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MadhukarYour feedback matters!
I've been diagnosed with pcos. I am married for 9 months. Now we're trying to have babies. How complicated is it?
A backache in pregnancy. Is normally seen. To remain a backache free use a flat shoe, maintain right posture, avoid heavy weight, use warm water for bath. Keep changing your posture. Learn exercise, take vit d calcium rich food.
Dyspepsia is an uncommon word, but a very common problem. This medical condition is more commonly known as indigestion of the stomach and small intestine. The symptoms of this condition include abdominal pain, bloating, belching, nausea and a loss of appetite. They come and go varying terms of frequency and intensity.
Some of the common causes of dyspepsia are lactose intolerance, anxiety, regurgitated stomach juices, stomach ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome and excessive caffeine or alcohol intake. In most cases dyspepsia can be easily treated with home remedies. You can also take the package for Eating Right.
Here are the 5 best ways to treat it:
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice cleanses the digestive system by flushing out waste material and undigested food. It also inhibits the formation of acids in the stomach and boosts appetite. Dilute the juice of 1 lemon in a glass of water to avail its benefits. You could also add half a teaspoon of fresh ginger juice to this. Ginger also aids in digestion and prevents flatulence.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk has cooling properties and helps calm the stomach and intestines. It is also suitable for people who are lactose intolerant. Drink a glass of buttermilk immediately after a meal to improve your digestion. You could also flavor it with roasted cumin powder or mint. Mint also helps in relieving indigestion and prevents buildup of gases in the stomach while cumin stimulates the secretion of pancreatic enzymes.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is the best remedy for any stomach bug. It is rich in probiotics that help restore balance healthy gut bacteria and stabilize digestion. Yogurt can be had as an accompaniment to your meals or mixed with steamed rice to make it a meal in itself.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek boosts appetite and helps relieve indigestion. This herb is known for its soothing properties that cleanse the digestive system. Fenugreek leaves can be bitter and unpalatable. Hence, to benefit from this, boil the leaves and then lightly fry them in butter before eating them.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate juice is an excellent way to treat indigestion and diarrhea. Its antioxidant properties also make it a good remedy for heartburn. To benefit from pomegranate juice, dilute the juice of a pomegranate in a glass of water along with a tablespoon of honey.
Along with this, also take a look at your eating habits. Avoid eating on the move and chew your food properly. Eat only when you are hungry and control your portion sizes. Lastly, make the time to exercise for half an hour or so every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gastroenterologist and ask a free question.
I am suffering from left hemiplegia after a stroke on 10th september 2014. Acute infarct right basal ganglia and right radiata. Mild diffuse atorphy. Please suggest if it can be treated. Unable to move properly.
Dear sir, My height is 5.3 and weight is 98 kgs I do not drink or smoke. I never feel chest pain in body. Sometimes feel heaviness, in my family no one has cardiac problems and sugar level is also normal 105 is avg. Sugar level of 3 months.
Nw I shifted in indore for studies but in indore I feel so sleepy all the time I take proper 8 hr sleep at night but in coaching also m sleepy or if m not taking sleep at that tym when m sleepy my headache starts and then again I sleep for 2-3 hr then only 30 min you feel fresh again m gettng sleepy or my eyes become warm for sleep and If m go for sleep that time nothing effect but if you m not go to sleep my headache start what should I do I can't study. And it's not the reason for reading of books when m not reading books just sit only then also I feel sleepy. What should I do for feel fresh and not get sleepy that much.
This is ramesh from hyderabad I am suffering from headache it comes only in sudden in night times or in evening times.
I have got COPD as also GERD. I am told that in such cases the reflux of acids can trickle down to the lungs and further aggravate COPD. What should be the remedial measure for it?
I have itching in my hair and it is very embracing me too.. Tell me whats the reason and if it is a allergy then which type and its remedy or what medicine should I take.
Hi, I am male 40 years old. Had a cough and cold some time back and was Ok till a week back. All of a sudden last 2 days have been having severe cough non stop at times and couldn't sleep the entire night. Have been taking warm water and cough syrup, but doesn't help in relief. I need to travel in next 2 days and need some form of relief.
In my family everyone gets sick of fever , common cold and cough one by one including me. It all started with my younger brother got infected with fever and common cold and then everyone got the same. What's the reason for this ?
I have an enlarged uvula which gives me a choking sensation while sleeping and the throat gets all dry every night in my sleep.
I want to ask best perfect time to do intercourse to get pregnant to my wife. But we married 1 and half year ago still not having intercourse properly. My penis is not going inside vagina its too small space. I am trying to push inside but not going inside. please suggest me thanks.
If you are facing difficulties in breathing, especially in the process of exhaling, you are suffering from emphysema. Emphysema is a condition in which the air sacs of the lungs are damaged and enlarged, causing breathlessness. It occurs as a result of several triggers, smoking being the most common one. Emphysema is a type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. People with this condition struggle to exhale, which implies that there is some obstruction in the air flow. This disease has no permanent cure but by quitting smoking, you can stop it from getting worse.
The progression and severity of emphysema occurs with the staging systems. The staging of the condition can help in developing a prognosis.
The Gold emphysema staging system
Gold is a major emphysema staging system created by a group known as the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease. The amount of air a patient can exhale forcefully in one second is determined during this stage. It is also referred to as the forced expiratory volume or FEV1.
The staging is as follows:
- Stage 1: Mild emphysema (FEV1 greater than 80% of normal)
- Stage 2: Moderate emphysema (FEV less than 80%, but more than 50% normal)
- Stage 3: Severe emphysema (FEV lesser than 50%, but more than 30% normal)
- Stage 4: Extremely severe emphysema. (FEV lesser than 30% of normal or lesser than 50% normal, with low levels of oxygen in the blood.
The BODE emphysema staging system
The condition affects several abilities. The BODE index, an acronym for BMI (body mass index), obstruction, dyspnea (breathlessness), exercise capacity (health index) is another staging system for emphysema in which the emphysema’s impact on several areas of life are measured. They include the following:
- Body mass index (B)
- Airflow limitation or obstruction (O), which is measured by pulmonary function tests
- Breathless or dyspnea (D), which is assessed thoroughly via a questionnaire
- Exercise capacity (E), which is measured to check how long a person with emphysema can walk in a span of six minutes
The prognosis of emphysema is impossible to be determined in any person individually. The staging system helps to identify the severity of the condition, but the future cannot be predicted. Not many studies have been undertaken for the determination of the effects of emphysema on life expectancy. The best research that has been carried out included around 100 people, which is very less. The condition varies largely among people, even if they are in the same stage.
The statistics available on emphysema are not reliable enough for individuals who wish to know their life expectancy. It is considered that if a patient falls in a higher stage, his/her long-term life expectancy is less. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.