Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu Y CYour feedback matters!
I have three fully impacted wisdom teeth. But they are not infected. From last 6 months I have jaw, throat, ear, tongue & tooth pains. Meanwhile I suffered from throat infection which was due to Enterobacter clocae. I have also reactive lymphnodes in neck. Can impacted wisdom teeth cause all such symptoms?
She is a cancer patient in advanced stage, and she has a pain at right side of the shoulder and its not moving too much swelling. We thought some nerves are damaged so it could be like that. If nerves are damaged how to recover and how to control that pain please suggest me.
There is continuously pain in Right breast continuously over a month Randomly with redness in nipple. What can I do.!
Hi doctor, I am 32 years old and trying to conceive from last 5 months. I have controlled hypothyroidism and survivor of breast cancer too. I had miscarriages before detecting breast cancer. Later I was on tamoxifen for five years. Now doctors allowed me to conceive but I am unable to conceive. My all reports are normal. Pls suggest me so that I can conceive fast.
My mother is suffering from fallopian tube cancer (1st Stage) what is the proper treatment for this? Is it possible to properly come back in normal life with out any side effects?
Sir/ madam I'm 23 years old I noticed that small size ball in my left side breast I noticed this 1 and half year back some times it will be small some times it will increase the I dnt know what is this please help me to know about it thank u.
Bladder cancer is characterized by irregular growth of abnormal tissue (tumor) on the lining of the bladder. This type of cancer may spread to the surrounding tissues or other body parts as well.
What are the causes?
Bladder cancer can be caused by environment-related factors and smoking. In fact, smoking tobacco is one of the major causes of bladder cancer around the world. The chemicals present in tobacco can irritate the bladder lining which ultimately leads to bladder cancer. It may also be caused by continuous exposure to chemicals such as dyes or leather dust and radiation. These chemicals tend to cause unusual changes in the cells of the bladder lining and causes cancer in the bladder.
It can also be caused by modifications in the dna in the cells of the bladder which may impair the functioning of the cells in the body. This can cause mutations in the bladder resulting in cancer.
What are the symptoms?
1. Presence of blood in the urine, often painless
2. Feeling of pain while passing urine
3. Back pain
4. Excessive urination
5. Infections in the urinary tract
6. Lower leg swelling
7. Pain in the bones, especially in the pelvic area
8. Weight loss
Treatments for bladder cancer depend on the stage of the cancer. The various treatment choices are:
Surgery - In some cases, these cancers are surgically removed by a surgeon. A type of surgery used is transurethral resection of bladder tumor (turbt) where the cancer cells are destroyed with laser by passing a thin fiber into the bladder.
Chemotherapy - In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
Radiation therapy - Radiation therapy uses rays such as x-ray or uv rays to destroy cancer cells in the body
Immunotherapy - This treatment boosts the immune system of the body so that it attacks the cancerous cells in the bladder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
Benign Prostrate Hyperplasia (BPH) is a condition which results in the enlargement of the prostate gland. The prostrate grand is situated near the Urethra (a tube which helps flush out the urine from the bladder). Generally, the chance of developing BPH increases after one crosses the age of 50. But it is yet unknown as to why some men experience more severe symptoms than others.
Causes of BPH
This condition generally occurs because of old age and affects almost all men above the age of 75. It occurs because of the various hormonal changes and changes in cell growth that the body goes through, as one becomes old. Sometimes BPH can set in due to genetics. If BPH sets in due to genetically reasons, it usually is quite severe and affects men before they reach 60.
Symptoms of BPH
Quite a few men who develop BPH, experience no symptoms at all. But when symptoms of BPH, known as lower urinary tract symptoms (LUT) start, they can be either mild or very severe. The severity of the symptoms is not related to the extent of the enlargement. Many a times men with only a mild enlargement complain about severe symptoms, while men with a highly enlarged prostate gland have not complained about any discomfort faced.
Symptoms of BPH tend to worsen due to cold weather and also because of physical and emotional overexertion. There are certain medicines, which should be avoided if you suffer from BPH, as they have a tendency to worsen your symptoms, for example diphenhydramine, pseudoephedrine, oxymetazoline spray and other antidepressants.
The symptoms of BPH are related to bladder emptying and issues with bladder storage.
Symptoms related to the urine drainage from the bladder are:
- Strain while urinating
- Weak urine flow
- Some dribbling after urination
- Sudden urge to urinate
- Pain while urinating
Symptoms related to storage of urine in the bladder are:
- Waking during the night to urinate
- Urinating frequently during the day and at night
- Sudden urge to urinate, which may be hard to control
It however, has to be kept in mind that these symptoms may not primarily occur due to prostate enlargement, but are the result of other conditions like urinary tract infections, prostatitis, prostate cancer, neurological disorders and even diabetes. Thus, it is essential that you visit a doctor and get the cause for these symptoms diagnosed properly.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Prostate Cancer is a form of cancer that affects men. The prostate is basically a small gland that sits in the male pelvic cavity and is responsible for producing seminal fluid or semen, from its position under the bladder, surrounding the urethra. The testosterone hormone controls this gland.
Prostate cancer refers to the growth of a malignant mass of cells which can also be called a tumour. More about this cancer:
- Risk Factors: The various risk factors involved in this kind of cancer are many. Advanced age, a family history of the same disease, obesity as well as genetic changes can lead to the development of this kind of tumour.
- Types: There are basically two types of prostate cancer, including fast growing or aggressive, and slow growing or non-aggressive. Yet, it is also important to remember that not every abnormal growth in this gland can be termed as a tumour, or is a sign of prostate cancer. A malignant growth signifies prostate cancer. This tumour can grow at a fast pace for aggressive prostate cancer, while it can grow and spread slowly for the non-aggressive type.
- Symptoms: It is possible to not have any kind of obvious symptoms when suffering from this kind of cancer. The symptoms usually begin to show up when the cancer has reached a more advanced stage. These include urinary problems, most significantly. The patient may go through pain and difficulty when it comes to urinating. This pain may also occur during ejaculation. The patient may also find blood discharge in the semen upon ejaculation and suffer from sexual dysfunction as well. Pain in the chest, pelvic area and back are also common symptoms of prostate cancer, which may gradually turn into numbness in the said areas as well.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the issue will be done by a specialist from the urology department. After a physical examination where a diagnosis of the symptoms and other check ups will happen, the doctor may conduct lab tests to check the blood, urine and other samples. Further, imaging tests like MRI and CT scans will also be conducted. A digital rectal exam and prostate biopsy will also help in effective diagnosis.
- Treatment: The treatment of this kind of cancer usually depends on the severity of the symptoms and the spread of the tumour. Besides active observation, the doctor may also recommend radiation, chemotherapy and surgery based on the age and health condition of the patient. If you happen to find even subtle symptoms which could point towards this disease, do not hesitate to get in touch with the doctor.
Related Tip: "Foods That May Cause Cancer"
Hi This is to draw your kind attention that I am a lady of 56 years old and was detected with stage 1 TNBC in left side Breast during January, 2014.Immediately thereafter I underwent Breast conservation surgery followed by 8 doses of chemo and 35 rounds of 3D Linac Radiation therapy. The course of treatment was completed in December, 2014. Since then I am under check up of the Oncologist at regular intervals of 03 months. However on completion of the course of treatment as mentioned above, I have developed the problem of lymphedema in my left hand. Of late I am experiencing tremendous pain in the affect arm with high temperature over the affected arm. I shall be highly obliged if you kindly favor me with valuable advice in this regard. Regards Yours faithfully,
Hello doctor I am 20 years old my right hip is paining most of the time since 8 months. I did X-ray and the report was normal. Sometimes my right hip pains while sleeping and riding scooty. Is there any involvement of tumor or cancer. I also want to mention that I have bilateral minimal hydrocele with median raphae with normal thickness. Is there any reason to worry.?
I am 25 year old and I smokes cigarette everyday. Now I coughing early morning and split blood mixed saliva. Actually I have been coughing since December 2. And I didn't take any medicine. So I think it happens from any type of infection. After that I take a blood test. The result was total count 16000 and the wbc is decreased. Is it any cancer symptom?
Lung cancer is the cancer killer of both men and women in the U.S. When you think of risk factors for lung cancer, what comes to mind? Most of us think about the risk associated with smoking cigarettes, but did you know that air pollution can also cause lung cancer? Overwhelming evidence shows that particle pollution in the outdoor air we breathe—like that coming from vehicle exhaust, coal-fired power plants and other industrial sources - can cause lung cancer. Particle pollution increases the risk of dying early, heart disease and asthma attacks, and it can also interfere with the growth and function of the lungs.
What is Particle Pollution?
Particle pollution is a mix of tiny solid and liquid particles in the air and can be made up of a number of components, such as acids, organic chemicals, metals, soil and dust particles. It can be emitted directly from wood stoves, forest fires, vehicles and other sources, and it can also form from other types of pollution that come from sources like power plants.
Why does particle pollution harm our bodies?
While breathing in larger sizes of particle pollution can be harmful to our health, smaller particles are more dangerous. Bigger particles can irritate your eyes, nose and throat, but our natural defenses help us to cough or sneeze them out of our bodies. Unfortunately, those defenses don't keep out smaller particles, which get trapped deep in the lungs and can even get into the bloodstream, causing damage to our health.
Who is most at risk?
As for who is at risk for health problems from breathing in particle pollution. Those who live where particle pollution levels are high is at risk. Some people face higher risk, including children, the elderly, people with lung and heart disease and diabetes, people with low incomes, and people who work or exercise outdoors.
How do we protect ourselves from particle pollution?
Check the air quality index forecast for the day and limit your activity if pollution levels are high. Avoid exercising along heavily traveled highways regardless of the overall forecast.
As individuals, we can play our part in reducing air pollution levels by trying to avoid creating more of it. Choosing ‘active travel’ options where possible, like walking and cycling, can help reduce pollution levels from transport and is also a great way to be more active, which is linked to a reduced risk of cancer and other diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist and ask a free question.
My one breast is small and other is little bit large I am worried abt breast cancer is it normal ya any think serious?
I am 65 years old male who has been informed as having the following problems. 1. Enlarged prostrate (informed that tis is due to age) 2. Obstruction in urinary bladdere outlet obstruction. I would like to have your considered advise regarding medication/surgery.
Homeopathic treatments heal a disorder by inducing diluted symptoms of the same disorder to treat it. There are treatments in homeopathy which are used in treating cancer. These treatments adopt multiple approaches to treating cancer such as inducing similar symptoms to treat the disorder or strengthening the elimination systems (kidney, liver and lymphatic system).
Some remedies used for treating cancer by following the principles of classical Homeopathy are-
1. Lapis Albus - This treatment is usually used in treating cases of breast cancer and malignant growths in the uterus.
2. Conium - Conium is used in treating cancers related to the genital area such as testicles and uterus.
3. Hecla lava - Hecla lava is used in the treatment of bone cancer.
4. Arsenicum - Arsenicum is used to treat almost all cancer-related disorders. It helps in easing symptoms of psychological fear that cancer patients have. It also detoxifies the body and eases the stress from the kidneys and nervous system.
5. Phytolacca - Phytolacca is used when malignant tumors occur in fat based tissues. They are also used in treating fibroids tumors in the uterus and hard tumors in the breast.
6. Condurango - Cancers related to the stomach respond well to this treatment. It is also helpful in treating symptoms of cancer that form in the epithelial cells of the body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Can Ayurveda Really Treat Cancer? Find Out.